00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Submitting 2010-12-02 04:44:15

When submitting Audio, does submitting "not your own original work" include covers? I'm just not sure what this statement means.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Submitting 2010-12-02 07:04:52

Do you mean doing a voiceover or a remake of a previously existing song that has been recorded IRL, or on Newgrounds?

If you mean IRL, then yes, it's definitely alright to do, as long as you specify which song you're redoing.

If you mean on Newgrounds, then you might want to PM an Audio Moderator, such as AllReligiousDrunk, B0UNC3, Bad-Man-Incorporated, Bjra, cast, DarKsidE555, EchozAurora, Envy, jarrydn, Joe, Jonas, Khuskan, Kirbyfemur, LJCoffee, Mich, Mrmilkcarton, Nav, Quarl, RageVI, Rig, Rucklo, Sequenced, SineRider, Spikrodd, Supersteph54, SymbolCymbal, TMM43, xKore, or Zendra and check with them.

Most of the details are explained in the FAQ under 'Submitting Audio'.

Response to Audio Submitting 2010-12-02 07:07:40

There are plenty of covers on newgrounds so I'm assuming that's allowed. It means that you have to create the song yourself without using parts from another song or without using premade loops, etc... I know the wording of that doesn't really make it much clearer...

If you have physically created everything by yourself, even though it may be a cover of another song, it's alright. Here is a search result of a bunch of covers:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/search/t itle/cover

I'm sure any more questions can be answered by an audio mod. (And better than I answered it as well) You can find a list of the audio mods in the FAQ.

Response to Audio Submitting 2010-12-02 10:48:17

Simply put, as long as you don't use any millisecond of sound from the original song, then you'll be fine.

Check this out for more information.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Submitting 2010-12-02 23:03:16

what about modified samples that made to sound 100% completely different than the original?

Response to Audio Submitting 2010-12-03 00:19:14

At 12/2/10 11:03 PM, happyglitterpill01 wrote: what about modified samples that made to sound 100% completely different than the original?

Nope. They probably won't be noticeable and you'll get away with it, but in theory, nobody is allowed to use copyrighted samples (samples from existing commercial music, from games, from movies, etc...) at all, no matter how much they're edited.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature