00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is it ok to blow my whistle on this

402 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ok as we all know clickteam made the games factory 2, and they uploaded the tutorial to the portal and it past, well someone made it and uploaded it to the portal its basicaly the exact same thing, can i flag this without fucking up my whistle?

Response to Is it ok to blow my whistle on this 2010-12-01 12:23:34

Well it looks like it's actually a modification of the game with a new game mode and a slight alteration of the original one.

I would say no, don't blow the whistle. As far as I know this is allowed (see the tons of madness interactive mods) and clearly the other guy has put some effort into it to try and make the game better.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Is it ok to blow my whistle on this 2010-12-01 12:24:26

Probably.. It's the same thing that comes with Games Factory 2. It's not the author's work, so that alone counts it as stolen in my mind.

All he did was slap an annoying ad onto it, and add a new mode. That's my opinion, anyway.

Just make sure you include a link to the flash from somewhere else in the flag message.

Response to Is it ok to blow my whistle on this 2010-12-01 12:55:38

At 12/1/10 12:24 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Just make sure you include a link to the flash from somewhere else in the flag message.

Shit, well i did say it was made and uploaded origionally by clickteam. and i remember either a mod or admin saying not to upload the tutorial.

Response to Is it ok to blow my whistle on this 2010-12-01 13:07:41

At 12/1/10 12:55 PM, CAN-OF-SPAM wrote:
At 12/1/10 12:24 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Just make sure you include a link to the flash from somewhere else in the flag message.
Shit, well i did say it was made and uploaded origionally by clickteam. and i remember either a mod or admin saying not to upload the tutorial.

Well if you're unsure you can always simply ask an admin about it (by sending him a message).

At this point it will have to be removed by an admin anyway because it already passed judgment.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Is it ok to blow my whistle on this 2010-12-01 13:20:44

At 12/1/10 01:07 PM, Auz wrote: At this point it will have to be removed by an admin anyway because it already passed judgment.

Does that mean i got negative whistle points just now?

Response to Is it ok to blow my whistle on this 2010-12-01 14:36:40

At 12/1/10 01:20 PM, CAN-OF-SPAM wrote:
At 12/1/10 01:07 PM, Auz wrote: At this point it will have to be removed by an admin anyway because it already passed judgment.
Does that mean i got negative whistle points just now?

No, the flags are cleared and you keep your whistle points.

Response to Is it ok to blow my whistle on this 2010-12-01 16:34:43

At 12/1/10 12:24 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Probably.. It's the same thing that comes with Games Factory 2. It's not the author's work, so that alone counts it as stolen in my mind.

All he did was slap an annoying ad onto it, and add a new mode. That's my opinion, anyway.

Actually no that's not your opinion. You're wrong on quite a few facts here actually. I'm assuming it's because you've never touched the program though. Take about three hours and you'll be able to make the first game with it. Everyone should actually try it out.

First off, it's not something that comes with the program. They actually have to create the game themselves through following a tutorial. So it IS the author's work and since the program comes with graphics that you are allowed to use then it's ok.

On top of that, the program automatically adds the ads for people. The person actually can't add ads or medals without paying for the other version of the program. The ads don't go to this person at all and only benefit newgrounds.

So blowing a whistle on it? It doesn't actually break a rule so I personally wouldn't. We wouldn't flag other flashes made from tutorials.