00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NavyBluVVV just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio portal downloads

899 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio portal downloads 2004-04-10 21:34:05

My apologies if this topic has already been posted in this forum/elsewhere...but I am wondering what the heck is up with the audio portal downloads? I click download, save the zip file and there is no song in it! Would someone either 1. link me to the thread where this problem has been dicussed before, or 2. help me out and tell me what to do? Thanks!

- SA

Response to Audio portal downloads 2004-04-10 21:56:30

I click download, save the zip file and there is no song in it! Would someone either 1. link me to the thread where this problem has been dicussed before, or 2. help me out and tell me what to do?

Well there can be many things frist off, make sure your zip downloader is updated to the current status, also it may be your audio player. When you download the file, make sure you save it some where, easy to find, also do as "save". ALso there will be a file name and a file type. ALso here is some topics to help you out-

Audio Portal HelP Make sure to have the current programs, and also save correctly. Also you have to UNZIP, the file so it is extracted to your computer as an mp3/wav

Good Luck any more questions on the audio portal just ask :)

Like pears in rain.

Response to Audio portal downloads 2004-04-10 22:19:00

1. I do have the current version of WinZip and it has given me no problems at all with other zip files.

2. I save it to My Documents as a WinZip file...am I supposed to save it as an MP3 file? o.O Like NG####.mp3 and save it as file type "All files"? x_X!

Response to Audio portal downloads 2004-04-10 22:34:25

2. I save it to My Documents as a WinZip file...am I supposed to save it as an MP3 file? o.O Like NG####.mp3 and save it as file type "All files"? x_X!

well it should auto save it, just make sure to save it in a folder where you can find it, after you download it make sure to Unzip it and extract the files. When you download a file frist it is a zip file, after that unzip it and then it will transfer to the playable clip in your audio player. So when you save to my documents, save it. Now it matters on your operating system, windows xp, 98 so on. If you save it should go in your winzip archive, so saving it to the desktop may be easier, then click and unzip and then play the MP3 OR .waV FIle.

Like pears in rain.

Response to Audio portal downloads 2004-04-10 22:40:51

Ok perhaps there has been a misunderstanding about the NATURE of my problem...I have no problem DOWNLOADING the file itself...it saves fine as a zip file and I can find it and all that, and I know how to extract..my problem is THERE IS NO MUSIC FILE in the zip file! The file size is 0 bytes! x.x! It's an EMPTY zip file. =/

Response to Audio portal downloads 2004-06-19 19:21:57

I have exactly the same problem - the .zip downloads fine, all my audio software is uptodate etc, but there's [i]nothing[/i] in the .zip. Anyone know what's going on, and how to actually get the audio files?

Response to Audio portal downloads 2004-06-20 11:45:32

This is a problem relating to your firewall. Try turning your firewall off temporarily, wait a minute, then click one of the download links and you'll find that you probably get the file as expected. I believe the specific firewall that this problem resides with is Norton Internet Security. I'm looking at workarounds for this.

Response to Audio portal downloads 2004-06-20 14:34:50

Ah, thanks, hoepfully that's it as Norton's what I have.