00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1 Page Story

659 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

1 Page Story 2010-10-05 17:21:19

-Gasp new kid making a new topic-

Anyways like the Subject Title suggests, I want you guys to create a one page story and post it here, I, along with 2 volunteers who I feel have an unbiased position will judge the cumulative posts after 2 weeks time.

There are rules however:

1. Grammatical and spelling errors are to remain a minimum, if the first paragraph is filled with spelling and/or grammatical errors, then neither I, nor the selected judges shall read the entry.

2. PARAGRAPHS. We will NOT read walls of text.

3. We want the story to end on a cliff hanger, my intentions for this will be revealed after this little competition is finished.

4. Plagiarism is not allowed. If I, or the judges, catch you blatantly plagiarizing, you're automatically disqualified. No exceptions.

A writer spills his soul on paper. What happens when the pencil breaks?

My work: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1206496

Response to 1 Page Story 2010-10-05 18:30:05

Anyways like the Subject Title suggests, I want you guys to create a one page story and post it here, I, along with 2 volunteers who I feel have an unbiased position will judge the cumulative posts after 2 weeks time.

There are rules however:

3. We want the story to end on a cliff hanger, my intentions for this will be revealed after this little competition is finished.

uh why? What's the point of posting a one page story, and why so mysterious? A little bit more information/show of intent please!

Giving out writing reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature

Response to 1 Page Story 2010-10-05 18:57:09

Just for the fun of it.

What I really wanted to do was continue the competition if this one was a success. Actually, I'm still toying with the idea. I'm just sitting here bored, so I decided to remedy the situation, with this little competition

Response to 1 Page Story 2010-10-05 19:22:10

At 10/5/10 06:57 PM, NeutraIity wrote: Just for the fun of it.

What I really wanted to do was continue the competition if this one was a success. Actually, I'm still toying with the idea. I'm just sitting here bored, so I decided to remedy the situation, with this little competition

Why didnt you just say so and why does the story need to end in a cliff hanger?

Giving out writing reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature

Response to 1 Page Story 2010-10-05 20:43:22

The idea I was pursuing was to make the author of each individual story continue it after this competition was done. Unfortunately, it looks like this is not going to attract much attention.

Response to 1 Page Story 2010-10-23 11:02:17

THE APOCOLYPSE A SHORT STORY BY CALEB BOLLING
Name - caleb

Age - 15

Karma - Good

Weapon Of Choice - german luger
Melee Secondary - anything i can find
i woke up to the smell of coffee and i went to the kitchen to a glorious breakfast bacon eggs hashbrowns coffee and gravy my favorite i sat down at the table i looked at my parents,they looked worried something was wrong i decided it probally wasnt important so i ate my breakfast happily i turned on the t.v to the news it was a story on a murder case about a lady who killed her husband then out of know where a message popped up that said mysterious infection 15 dead 213 infected they said it made the human into a mindless zombie like mad cow disease for humans i thought it was a fluke so i got ready for school i went out the door to the bus stop i waited a few minutes till the bus came when i got on the bus i fell asleep..................................
....I woke up to the sound of screams the bus had crashed and there were zombies everywhere outside i managed to find a long piece of sharp metal from the crash and i knew it would be a lonely world soon..................... caleb don't forget your lunch those are the last words that I remember from my mother as I stare down at the bloody remains of what used to be human, what have they done I thought silently to myself then I said to myself forget all family if you want to survive the apocolypse. I went to the bathroom and what I saw made me almost there puke, there was one of those animals eating my poor dog luigi as he was softly wimpering I thought YOU BASTARDS YOU KILLED MY DOG and I raised my weapon above my head and smashed the back of the zombies head in.................................. forget the past I said no use in being sad I have to fight if im going to win the battle I thought from my baracaded shelter too many bad memories................................
...........I heard the sound of grunting and saw a zombie right above my face I grabbed it by its shoulders and threw it on the ground but where was my weapon WHERE WAS MY DAMN WEAPON, I looked over and saw a brick on the floor I thought to myself ill have to use this, I ran over and grabbed it I got ready to kill the ugly creature but realized the zombie was my own father looked at I reminded myself forget all family I let out a soft cry as I killed the creature that used to be my own father damn zombies they will never be satisfied I said as I stare out at the horde of those hideous "things" I heard a sound behind me and saw my dog luigi WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU I screamed I couldn't kill my own dog it was hard enough to watch my father die to the hands of me but not my dog I dropped my weapon and my dog came bounding toward me BANG I heard a rifle go off in the distance and right there my dog fell to the ground. I waited in silence to see if the rifle would fire again to my surprise I heard a yelling at the door he said LET ME IN IM A SURVIVOR I obeyed him after he got in my little shelter we talked name-cliff age-12 karma-neutral weapon of choice-sawed of shotgun melee secondary-base ball bat to be continued