00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

7,528 Views | 105 Replies

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 15:38:20

At 8/15/10 03:08 AM, Can-head wrote: Well, I never seen the movie, but I read the whole damm comic series ( about 6 tomes, had nothing to do 1 night) and it's a good story.

Graphics novels are better (you can call them comics, it's fine...), mainly because Scott fights two robots in one book, and there's the crazy emotional bit in the middle where Ramona disappears.

Btw, just askin'... Did they removed the sex scene in the movie?

They kept in the one with Ramona and Scott (the first one, where she changes her mind) but got rid of the one with Scott and Envy. Are there any others...?

Ah and Adult swim animated one of the chapter that never made it to the movie... They removed the sex scene ( even if it was really simple, hell there wasn't even nudity.)

The one with Kim and Scott in the car? Yeah, but it wasn't really necessary. Also, on the PAL DVD, they removed the cool music in the montage bit and replaced it with Sex Bob-omb music. Letdown.

Also the DVD has the alternative ending where Scott ends up with Knives. It's really not good. I mean, she's still 17 and mental, nothing's really changed...

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 15:51:38

My boyfriend went on about Scott Pilgrim for months before the movie came out in theatres and such, had a load of the SP t-shirts and when it came out he dragged me to the theatre and insisted I watch it because I would enjoy it.
Hell was he right!
It was awesome, on so many levels, loved all the videogame references, even the Pee-Bar when he goes to pee.
Me and him being gamers ourselves we chuckled at bits no one else would (sad, I know right).
But Michael Cera fits the awkward nerd so well! I think it's kind of cute, and I couldn't see him as anything else in another movie.
My boyfriend made me read the books after we seen the movie and the only thing that annoyed me is they miss out some vital bits, such as Scott and Kim, Scott and Envy, his childhood. I didn't know *SPOILER* that Kim and Scott slept together when they were younger.

Anywho, enough with my rambling! Awesome film in my opinion, if not seen already, well worth a watch!

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 15:54:30

scott pilgrim vs the 1978 miami dolphins

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 15:57:52

At 8/14/10 10:08 PM, 3dog14 wrote: I hate Michael Cera! that prepubescent asshole's balls didn't even drop yet...

I'm his stunt double and his doctor, you STFU.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 16:21:15

"Scott Pilgrim vs The World" was, without doubt, among the greatest movies to come out of 2010. My feelings towards Micheal Cera have already been expressed in this thread...

"shut up about the actor and watch the damn film!"

... and it is the first film in a long time that has actually made me able to say that I have a favourite film.

If you disagree with me, watch the film. If you still think that it sucks after having watched it, then you* and I have nothing more to discuss.

*"you" in this case refers to those people who have watched SPvTW and still dislike it. All other people should not take this to be refering to them.

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 16:50:13

Damn good movie. Gamers will enjoy it a lot more than the average person, but either way it is quite enjoyable. Cera is always typecast, but he fits the role. I would watch it again.

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 16:58:36

I finally watched it three weeks ago or so. I greatly enjoyed it and it definitely goes into my top favorite movies of the last year. In fact, I've put it at number 2, right after Inception.

Also, my gf bought me the first volume of the comic book for Christmas, but unfortunately the shipping has been delayed and we're still waiting for it. I heard many positive things about the comic books as well, so I can't wait to start reading them.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 17:32:34

Scott Pilgrim

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 17:42:12

At 1/4/11 03:02 PM, Ptero wrote: Watch this. It's the alternate ending.

I saw it on DVD, so I paid more attention to the comments. Lmao at the hipsters who think its cool to call other stuff "hipster crap."

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-04 20:51:59

At 1/4/11 03:02 PM, Ptero wrote: Watch this. It's the alternate ending.

I didn't like that ending, I prefer the theatrical ending for two reasons:
-It would be weird if Scott and Knives start dating seriously because, you know, the whole thing that she's underage
-The theatrical ending fit better with the ending of the graphic novel
Besides, Ramona is hotter than Knives

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-05 06:39:37

Besides, Ramona is hotter than Knives

Hell yeah Ramona is hot xD

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-05 06:45:33

Yeah, I watched it. I thought it was pretty awesome, and had some hilarious moments.

Yay Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World!

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-05 10:15:47

This movie was pretty fucking awesome! Lots of video game nostalgia as well :P

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-05 11:33:15

At 8/15/10 01:58 AM, Genocide wrote: zombieland was probably the best zombie movie ever.

I agree, Cera was also pretty good in Adventureland, but I think he really opened up as an actor a few years prior in The Squid and the Whale.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-05 11:54:49

I thought it was an awesome groundbreaking movie. the writing for it was amazing....... Even though michael cera annoys the shit out of me because hes not a very flexible actor he did do a good job with the movie.. BUT i think if they found a no name actor...... i would have enjoyed it more

Response to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 2011-01-05 12:11:53

At 8/14/10 11:27 PM, NobleSavage27 wrote: Spoiler: He gets the girl.

Are you talking about the movie or the comic book version? In the comic book version, he definitley gets her, but the movie ends on a much more ambiguous note. It ended more with him just thinking over what he should do with his life.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock