00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea

14,446 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 04:15:39

So I'm sure many of you have experianced this before, but after you use your wacom tablet for at least 10 minutes in one sitting, your drawing hand begins to sweat, which causes friction, which in turn makes it difficult to draw big lines from your shoulders.

They sell stuff online called wacom tablet gloves, but its
15 dollars which is rediculous for that.

So I thought " why can't I make my own? "

So does anybody know what kind of glove (as in glove material) would glide easily, and where I could maybe perchase it. Thanks.

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 04:24:58

What about those white medical gloves?

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 04:32:09

Hmmmm What are they made of?

I've looked deeper into the smudgeguard website, and it says that they're made of Nylon. Where can I get nylon gloves?

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 04:33:52

At 7/17/10 04:32 AM, Davidiot wrote: Hmmmm What are they made of?

I've looked deeper into the smudgeguard website, and it says that they're made of Nylon. Where can I get nylon gloves?

Well they dont have to be made of nylon, obviously. I bought some cotton medical gloves, which I would suspect to be smudge free. If you cut off the fingers, theyd be extremely comfortable too.

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 05:17:33

I normally just wash my hands without soap and it does the trick.

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 05:41:45

Well yeah that works too, but then it's a real bother drying your hands completely, and also, if you do it for longer periods, it does sweat no matter what.

What about maybe like hand cream? lotion? vaseline? but then that would ruin the surface....
you could just apply it to the pinky area...

anyways, where do they sell cotton medical gloves?

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 11:29:56

At 7/17/10 05:41 AM, Davidiot wrote: Well yeah that works too, but then it's a real bother drying your hands completely, and also, if you do it for longer periods, it does sweat no matter what.

What about maybe like hand cream? lotion? vaseline? but then that would ruin the surface....
you could just apply it to the pinky area...

anyways, where do they sell cotton medical gloves?

Actually, those would make your hand less likely to glide. I would imagine powder would work better.

It says they're "Made of 87% Nylon and 13% Spandex", so just find a cheap pair made of similar material and cut them. For example, this pair is only $4.99 (80% nylon, 20% spandex.). Plus they're pretty.

Balderdash and PoppyClock

BBS Signature

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 11:31:47

I don't recommend it. I have a Wacom and i use a glove, and although the sweat issue is dealt with, it's harder to draw in a glove and it's pretty uncomfortable.

BBS Signature

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 20:41:00

hmmm... yes.... I see....

Would it work better if I put a piece of paper on top of the surface? you know cause when you normally draw on paper, your sweaty hand doesn't have that much friction...

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 21:04:59

At 7/17/10 04:15 AM, Davidiot wrote: So I'm sure many of you have experianced this before, but after you use your wacom tablet for at least 10 minutes in one sitting, your drawing hand begins to sweat, which causes friction, which in turn makes it difficult to draw big lines from your shoulders.

I discuss it in my "watch me rant while animating" video, go to 1:18 to skip right to it.

Response to Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea 2010-07-17 21:07:14

OH well apparently i didn't really talk about how to make it..my bad.

Its just one of those cheap stretchy gloves that you can get at a dollar store, like these.

Tablet gloves, now in many colours!

Homemade Wacom tablet Glove idea