00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MLG-Pingu05 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dumbest argument you ever heard

54,131 Views | 451 Replies

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-03 11:53:11

At 7/3/10 11:47 AM, Musician wrote: Anything written by Memorize.

Seriously, what is wrong with that guy?

He called me a little bitch in PM :(

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-03 14:55:27

so are we supposed to be debating these dumb arguments or just listing them... do they have to be politics related?

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM

Heathenry; it's not for you

"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-03 15:42:54

Speaking of feminism it's always been my understanding that most I've encountered don't want equal rights, they want special rights. Rights that put them above anyone else. While speaking of equality for everyone I've never heard a feminist talk about rights regarding race, beliefs, sexual orientation etc or even bother to see whether or not males have equal rights (like retirement age for example).

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-03 19:16:32

I hate the debate over whether or not we should make Marijuana legal. We all know that it should be and that it's no more dangerous than smoking tobacco. Plus, making it illegal has not stopped people who want to use it from using it. We should have learned our lesson when prohibition with alcohol failed miserably.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-05 01:52:45

At 7/3/10 07:37 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 7/2/10 07:12 PM, FatherTime89 wrote: I love it when feminists argue that women are weaker than men. The irony is just absolutely stunning.

Unless she was arguing that they give them heavier axes than men in which case it's just another conspiracy.
She was arguing that the fire axes that are provided to firefighters are deliberately 'made heavy' so that only men can use them. It was on some news-type programme. The reporter/interviewer asked her how they should change the fire axes so that they can be used effectively by both genders, and she said "Electricity". I can't remember any more of it, I think I turned it off at that point.

Axes have to be heavy in order to work effectively. You can't hack open a door with a kitchen cleaver or some other relatively light sharp object. Making the axe lighter would defeat the purpose or having it.

Also, how do electricity and an axe work together? It's a simple sharp, heavy piece of metal on a stick! How can that be improved with electricity?

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-05 01:58:28

Not necessarily arguments, but commentators being hilariously clueless

1. Ann Coulter criticizing Canada for not supporting the U.S. more in the War on Terror, saying that they supported us in Vietnam.

SPOILER: They didn't.

2. Glenn Beck's campaign to get us all to buy gold because the value of the U.S. dollar is decreasing. HE supports all of these gold selling companies like Goldline but Cracked.com said it pretty well.
If Gold is going to save us all when the value of the dollar plumments completely, why are the gold selling companies giving us all of their gold in return for "soon to be worthless" money?

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-05 05:07:03

At 7/1/10 08:16 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: Being gay is genetic because if it's passed down from gay parents to gay children.

Er, with the exceptions of sperm donors, how can gay people procreate? Somebody skipped Sex Ed.

Gay people CAN procreate. It's a matter of WILL they procreate. (And many do.)
And as far as genetics... it's not a well explored subject, and just difficult to handle.

But from I can tell you, here are a list of my friends and their families (I'll provide pseudonyms for the sake of anonymity.)

"Felix" = straight, but with 9 brothers and sisters... all of them gay (one is transgendered.)
"John" = Gay, was married and had a son. His son, now grown up, lives with him. The son is gay.
"Sydney" = Grandpa. He has a daughter who is lesbian.
"Megan" = Lesbian. Has a twin sister who is also lesbian.
"Rui" = Gay. Had a son at a very young age before knowing completely he is gay. He has a gay cousin.

I suspect there are several gay men in my mom's side of family. And I suspect that my very butch aunt, my mom's sister, is a butch dyke (though she has a daughter and is married.) But-- there has been Brokeback sorta situations... perhaps since forever ever since gays existed.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-05 05:31:28

At 7/3/10 07:16 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I hate the debate over whether or not we should make Marijuana legal. We all know that it should
be and that it's no more dangerous than smoking tobacco.

Actually much less harmful than most cigarettes that are sold today. Also I hate the gateway drug argument, alcohol was the "gateway drug" for virtually everyone I know.

At 7/5/10 01:58 AM, Dewmann wrote: 2. Glenn Beck's campaign to get us all to buy gold because the value of the U.S. dollar is decreasing. : HE supports all of these gold selling companies like Goldline but Cracked.com said it pretty well.
If Gold is going to save us all when the value of the dollar plumments completely, why are the gold
selling companies giving us all of their gold in return for "soon to be worthless" money?

I thought it was the gold companies supporting Beck by of buying the advertising time, although I've only ever seen Beck on FOX, never listened to his radio show. But as for dumb arguments Glenn Beck is the winner in my eyes.

Also virtually any argument for expanding gun control, people don't even want to do research on the very thing they want regulated.

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-05 05:41:18

Arguments that revolve around someone's patriotism. People who try to 'prove' their country is the 'best' based on a few positive facts about (x), (y) and (z) but completely ignore (a), (b) and (c) which other countries are more efficient.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-05 09:42:42

At 7/1/10 05:32 PM, Proteas wrote: "You don't live in a pit, you don't need a pitbull!" Spoken verbatim by some individual in a topic about the legality of owning the pitbull breed of dog. It still makes my head throb to this day.

Preposterous, you don't need to live in a pit to have a pitcattle ranch.

Anyway, the dumbest argument I ever heard was [SOMETHING TOPICAL THAT I DISAGREE WITH, IN ORDER TO DERIDE PEOPLE I'M CURRENTLY ARGUING WITH].

I'm so clever

Dead.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-05 17:15:26

the argument over the oil spill on the gulf. Obama is saying we need to find the cause before anything, while the majority of the people are saying fix the problem before you find the cause. The people obviously have this one.

Life is like a cupcake, Everybody loves it till all the frosting is gone, Then it's just that boring tasteless layer.

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-05 18:28:10

At 7/5/10 05:15 PM, cybermunkey13 wrote: the argument over the oil spill on the gulf. Obama is saying we need to find the cause before anything, while the majority of the people are saying fix the problem before you find the cause. The people obviously have this one.

To find the cause makes it easier to solve the problem. In doing so, you can analyze said cause, and figure out which solution would best match.
Least, that's probably what Obama's train of thinking lead to. If a problem can be solved without the cause being found, then go right ahead and do so, as long as it can be solved with as little flaws as possible.

"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE, LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL, MY ANGER "

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-06 23:57:39

At 7/3/10 02:55 PM, SolInvictus wrote: so are we supposed to be debating these dumb arguments or just listing them... do they have to be politics related?

Well this is the politics forum. They don't have to be about policies though.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-07 02:20:46

At 7/1/10 04:02 PM, The-universe wrote: 5. Evolution can't be proven because of moon dust.

... what?

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-07 02:30:15

"Logic doesn't solve problems"

Not really an argument, but quite possibly the dumbest line I've ever heard.

Used in a conversation with a very emotional person, whom I told to step back, think, and logically go through the situation. Fairly certain I blacked out after it was uttered.....to my knowledge, they still haven't found the body.....

Writing Forum Reviewer.

PM me for preferential Writing Forum review treatment.

See my NG page for a regularly updated list of works I will review.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-07 03:08:47

I tell you the stupidest argument any number of people made and still making against Mac in favor of PC goes as follows:

"If you drop an iMac it'll break."

I cannot tell you how many times I had heard that and are still hearing this same argument and I keep telling them the same thing over and over again:

"You're a real piece of work, you know that? If you drop any piece of electronic equipment from adequate height it too will break you fucking moron!"

But things are looking up now that Apple has surpassed Microsoft for the first time in the stock market. Now that we have a surplus we can bring back Jeff Goldblum.

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing

Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots

It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-07 09:09:35

At 7/1/10 08:16 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: Being gay is genetic because if it's passed down from gay parents to gay children.

Er, with the exceptions of sperm donors, how can gay people procreate? Somebody skipped Sex Ed.

For serious? You realize that you're pretty much arguing against the existence of all genetic disorders as well, right?

For example, if being gay is genetic, it wouldn't be a dominant gene. It would be either a recessive gene or a multifactorial/polygenic thing.

In fact, this is one that strikes me as a dumb argument quite a lot: "Being gay can't be genetic because I don't understand genetics"

Dead.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-07 15:18:53

That the angler fish proves the existence of god, because the only explanation of it's existence is that god gave the angler fish it's bio-luminescent node and taught it how to use it too catch fish. This same person went on to go on a spiel about how they had "seen enough of this world to know that god existed" (this person was 17).

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-07 15:23:26

At 7/7/10 02:20 AM, Patton3 wrote:
At 7/1/10 04:02 PM, The-universe wrote: 5. Evolution can't be proven because of moon dust.
... what?

The simplified version is, the layers of debris on the moon isn't deep enough to have an old earth. The argument assumes no old earth, no evolution.

Even Answers in Genesis said this argument was a pile of junk.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-07 21:00:27

The 3 biggest bullshit arguments for me goes like this:

1. Corprations and Materialism are ruining America

Nothing like a bunch of misinformed misfits and angry teenagers with nothing better to do than bitch at the economic 800-pound gorilla, because they make more money than these misfits will ever make in their lives. News flash, assholes, No one is forcing you to do business there!

Also, how has materialism made your lives worse, hmm? If they knew a damn thing about marketing, then they would know that if customers happen to like a name-brand shoe,{Nike} T-shirt,{American Eagle} fast food,{Mcdonalds} etc., then the company will make more of it, and eventully, they will grow bigger and bigger, and then more companies will try to make their own brands of said product, {Adidas, Dickies, KFC respectfully}.

If your so uptight about a business making a shitload of money, and want to wear nothing more than generic hand-me-downs and thinking that is cool, might I suggest a one-way trip to either Somalia, or Pol Pot's Cambodia, I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms.

2. Palestine has the right to exist

Uh, no. It makes me wonder why Muslims are so batshit crazy over less than 50 miles of sand and dirt called Israel. They have thousands of miles of the Middle East and Central Asia that they can call home, and they want more than that. Why are there still radicals in the Palestianian region, fighting over nothing more than slums and sand, when they can just go over to Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc., and live in peace, instead of bombing Israel to the ground, and then Israel fight back.

3. Pete Rose should never be in the HOF

This one isn't really political per se, but politics do play a small part here.
Simply put, MLB will not accept Rose because he bet on the Reds during the time he was a manager. The man has more hits in his carrer than anyone else, and he has 2 championships to boot for fuck's sake, and just because he loved to gamble on his team, doesn't mean his achievements as a player should go down the shitter.

Look at Ty Cobb for example, he was a racist, a womanizer, and a tobacco chewer, stuff you can't get away with today, and yet he was considered a hero in many places. Now granted, he played in a different era where that was a-okay back then, but still...

It seems like there is some conspiracy to keep Rose out of Cooperstown, because he liked to gamble, when a lot of other players before him were racist, womanizers, or quite possibly gamblers themselves, and a lot of future HOFs are on steroids, and make more money than some schoolteacher down the street.

And now, I am done ranting here.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-07 21:45:57

At 7/7/10 03:23 PM, The-universe wrote:
The simplified version is, the layers of debris on the moon isn't deep enough to have an old earth. The argument assumes no old earth, no evolution.

Even Answers in Genesis said this argument was a pile of junk.

Well, that makes a little more sense than what was first implied. But only in the same sense that bashing your head against a wooden pole makes more sense than bashing it against a metal one.

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 09:18:25

"God is omnipotent, therefor he is"

Or basically and "proof of god" argument.

CNN did an interview with a bunch of religious heads on the Gulf oil leak, they declare this is gods work to see how strong we are.

Injured Workers rights were taken away in the 1920's by an insurance company (WCB), it's high time we got them back.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 13:14:03

I remember watching a documentary about tattoos and people who were covered head to toe with them. They had a psychologist who gave his analysis of them and said that the reason people got covered with tattoos was because they were all abused or had some form of mental trauma deep in their subconscious.

When asked what he would say if a fully tattooed person said they hadn't been abused or had any trauma, he said that "I'm the expert and I say it's in your sub-conscious, if you were aware of what was in your sub-conscious then it wouldn't be sub-conscious."

My biggest problem with this is that he refused to believe he could be wrong. There is no way to prove one way or another that he's right or wrong, but since it relies solely on this one person's judgment it cannot be called fact, only a theory. And a theory CAN be wrong, even if it's widely accepted at the time.

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 16:35:35

Back then when I was very naive about internet, I used to argue with trolls about how I wasn't a faggot and how much stupid they were.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 21:09:57

At 7/1/10 10:40 AM, Amoebaman wrote: I cant quite get the dumbest thing I've heard in my mind but...

That humans have absolutely nothing to do with climate change just because it has happened many times before without us.

This may actually be the dumbest argument I've heard in a long time. If a process has been shown to occur several times at predictable increments and the planet is due for the next spike in Greenhouse Gasses...yeah you're right...it's all man's fault!

So we should discard the scientific evidence for a theory that has been wrong time and again since the 1940s and is based on computer models. Oh, did I mention the process being modeled is infinitely complex with variables that are outside the human mind's ability to comprehend?

While I think pollution is bad...I don't think man is necessarily driving the planet towards extinction.

Another "brilliant" argument I've heard recently was the Airman in the BX saying: "I voted for Obama because I'm smart."

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...

" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 21:39:27

Basiacly any argument between atheists and Christians. True they are trashing our beliefs, but All we do by pushing back is forcing our beliefs. We have Faith and thats all we need.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 21:44:30

9/11 was a inside job and other dumbass conspiracy theories.

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 21:45:54

At 7/8/10 09:44 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: 9/11 was a inside job and other dumbass conspiracy theories.

Yeah those are some really dumb arguments. Like the one where Government Officals created AIDS virus to kill off the gay population

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 21:51:33

At 7/8/10 09:45 PM, DanteDelfuago wrote:
At 7/8/10 09:44 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: 9/11 was a inside job and other dumbass conspiracy theories.
Yeah those are some really dumb arguments. Like the one where Government Officals created AIDS virus to kill off the gay population

and black people in africa just get circumsised and wear a condom. as for the 9/11 Troofers do you have any REAL PROOF the government did it?

Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2010-07-08 21:54:26

Well if there was proof more people would be apart of it