00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drug Test - and Nyquil

7,590 Views | 10 Replies

Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 12:34:52

So, I got a job at Wal-Mart, and I'm wondering..will Nyquil fuck up my test results? If so..how much?
Anyone have experience with getting a job then being questioned for false positives and stuff?

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 12:36:50

... Haha... what?

Dude, nyquil won't show up on drug tests. You'll be fine.

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 12:36:57

Google, bro.

shit son

Formerly known as Headshot777

The Newgrounds BBS is like a woman. All the teenagers who get into it make a terrible mess within two minutes. -Jercurpac

BBS Signature

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 12:40:32

At 6/7/10 12:38 PM, esko-man wrote: All they will test for is weed. As ass-backward as it is, most nay other drug (including alcohol) is out of your system in 24-48 hours, while THC hangs around for a month. It's suggested that a person can be THC deficient, interestingly.

Well then, yeah. I haven't EVER smoked weed. Infact in the 2 years prior to the drug test..that Nyquil was about the worst of it.

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 16:07:35

Question, if anyone has been in this situation, what was the usual wait time for results? It's been 4 days so far.

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 16:44:49

If it contains DXM it might. So if your considering robotripping- don't.

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 18:05:35

I have been considering applying for a job at Wal-Mart. The one near me is becoming a super center and it seems like the perfect time.

I would be very much interested in hearing how the whole drug test process happens. Is it mandatory, is it right away, what happens if it shows up positive, etc. I read the fine print on the website about all this, but I wanted to hear from an actual person applying.
-----

To answer your question, no. It wouldn't matter if it did anyway, Nyquil is a legal substance.

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 18:12:35

At 6/7/10 06:09 PM, Franklin-Moore wrote: They send you to a local place, usually a doctor's office or something of the sort, to do the drug test. It is mandatory, and I'm not sure if it comes up positive. If it is only marijuana, they might still hire you, but I am pretty sure they would hand you something about NA or something like that.

Thank you. Is the drug test pretty much immediate, or is their a bit of a time period you have to take it?

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 18:21:44

At 6/7/10 06:12 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 6/7/10 06:09 PM, Franklin-Moore wrote: They send you to a local place, usually a doctor's office or something of the sort, to do the drug test. It is mandatory, and I'm not sure if it comes up positive. If it is only marijuana, they might still hire you, but I am pretty sure they would hand you something about NA or something like that.
Thank you. Is the drug test pretty much immediate, or is their a bit of a time period you have to take it?

No, for me. Right after the interview, this woman offered me a job..and she sent me to Human Resources (which was a desk right behind me) and they made me fill out various paper work.

One of those papers was this slip, to take to a local Walk-In clinic. Also, you have to take the drug test within 24 hours of getting that slip. or else they won't hire you.

But yeah, getting a drug test is immediate once they know they're gonna hire you.

Story though, I applied to Wal-Mart..got called 2 days later. Then they had me interviewed four days later..and viola.

The interview was intimidating as fuck, because, for me at least, I had three people interviewing me for the first interview, then a one-on-one with the main honcho manager.

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 18:26:13

No. And even if it came up on your test results, why would that tarnish your ability to work there? NyQuil is not an illegal narcotic, people use it every day.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature

Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil 2010-06-07 18:26:26

At 6/7/10 06:21 PM, DemonsRemorse wrote: No, for me. Right after the interview, this woman offered me a job..and she sent me to Human Resources (which was a desk right behind me) and they made me fill out various paper work.

One of those papers was this slip, to take to a local Walk-In clinic. Also, you have to take the drug test within 24 hours of getting that slip. or else they won't hire you.

But yeah, getting a drug test is immediate once they know they're gonna hire you.

Story though, I applied to Wal-Mart..got called 2 days later. Then they had me interviewed four days later..and viola.

The interview was intimidating as fuck, because, for me at least, I had three people interviewing me for the first interview, then a one-on-one with the main honcho manager.

Thanks man, this helped a lot.

It seems I'm going to have to wait about a month until I can apply, and I'm going to have to stay clean I guess. I work at a Subway inside a Walmart going super right now so I know a lot of the employees. This makes me a little less nervous, but the drug thing could cause some problems. I'm not a huge stoner or anything but I do occasionally do it. This thread actually helped a lot, thanks to everyone who answered my questions.