00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Icon Mod Crew

283,389 Views | 3,351 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 04:25:48

I'm just going to throw it out there..

IF TOM OR SOMEBODY SENT ME A MAC OF ANY TYPE I WOULD BE ABLE TO DO A LOT OF ICONS.

HINT HINT HINT

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 07:54:06

I need to find how many i missed. Also I wonder when my name gets added to the icon mod list so i can get some lists from m00d

Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 12:31:23

I highly recommend you all to check out the genre mod crew, even if you're not taking care of those duties.

At 9/22/10 07:54 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: I need to find how many i missed. Also I wonder when my name gets added to the icon mod list so i can get some lists from m00d

You may begin NOW! It's past 11AM EST, thus the FAQ page has updated the mod info.

May I brag about my awesome deposit rate?

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 12:44:29

At 9/22/10 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: I highly recommend you all to check out the genre mod crew, even if you're not taking care of those duties.

Yeah that looks cool. I remember Tom making a thread about it, and I even applied to join but unfortunately I didn't get a response. I don't know if you're still recruiting people, but if you are, then I would love to join the team. I'm leaving this here because I know that Tom reads this thread every now and then :)

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 13:30:02

At 9/22/10 12:44 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Yeah that looks cool. I remember Tom making a thread about it, and I even applied to join but unfortunately I didn't get a response. I don't know if you're still recruiting people, but if you are, then I would love to join the team. I'm leaving this here because I know that Tom reads this thread every now and then :)

We could do with more recruitments for the genre mod team. I don't know if he'll come back into contact with those who sent applications last year but it won't hurt to ask them to see if they're interested now. I can't remember you stating you applied to become a genre mod but I really hope I see you there soon.

As a matter of fact, the main reason why I became an icon mod was because of my genre mod duties. I felt I would make things much easier by taking care of genres, tags and icons all at once. I didn't need to think twice about the icon mod position as it was an obvious yes to me when Tom offered all the genre mods to become icon mods.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 15:54:15

At 9/22/10 07:54 AM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: I need to find how many i missed. Also I wonder when my name gets added to the icon mod list so i can get some lists from m00d

I thought it would be on the list already.

At 9/22/10 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: I highly recommend you all to check out the genre mod crew, even if you're not taking care of those duties.

That sounds pretty cool. I might post there some.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 16:25:18

The Genre Mod Crew looks awesome. I'm checking it out.

[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 16:29:39

At 9/22/10 03:26 AM, Domo wrote: Since were on this deposit topic I checked NGlogs to see how many days esome people missed.

Domo missed 16 days of depositing
Jolly missed 404 days of depositing

thenewbies missed 795 days of depositing

ColecoVision missed 778 days of depositing
aprime missed 762 days of depositing
Sectus missed 722 days of depositing

I win. Over two years of missed votes.

Interesting. If I wanted to contribute, would I just post in the thread or what? this are confus

You should probably be in the list now, so get to m00d and register.

After piano, homework and masturbation, ICONNIN'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 16:45:21

I finally completed an artist the other day. It's really hard with my college schedule and everything, but I have a simple goal of about 10 icons a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot with people doing hundreds in a day, but I'm a strong believer in every little bit helps.

Also, What you missed: If you deposited every day, you would have 23550 EXP and you would be Level 47.
Missed Deposits: 1,122

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:09:42

Just did my first two icons with ScreenHunter, IceBites. It only took half the time. This thing. Is legendary.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:10:57

Hopefully we can all help out by fixing genre information as well. Thanks for telling us, Bahamut!

At 9/22/10 05:06 PM, thenewbies wrote: And because most icon mods are doing their job to kill time

(written here)

I'm not doing it to kill time--I actually try to set aside time to do my icon mod duties. I do it to help the site and all the flash authors who don't have the time to make their own icons.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:14:11

It would really be cool to help out with genres AND icons. I already posted my interest at the topic, and I'm hoping Tom will get back to us soon about it.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:32:55

At 9/22/10 04:45 PM, Fro wrote: I finally completed an artist the other day. It's really hard with my college schedule and everything, but I have a simple goal of about 10 icons a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot with people doing hundreds in a day, but I'm a strong believer in every little bit helps.

There is nothing wrong with that Fro. Cause really think about it guys if we got every icon mod to make 10 icons a day, there are 58 icon mods. Which would make in about 10 days would make 5,800 icons done. You know how much we would make in about a month? Somewhere around 17,000 icons. If we all were willing to make at least 10 - 20 icons a day are jobs could be finished within in a matter of weeks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:38:11

At 9/22/10 05:09 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: ScreenHunter. This thing. Is legendary.

I KNOW RIGHT. You should give your babies to whomever suggested you that piece of software.

At 9/22/10 05:10 PM, Archawn wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:06 PM, thenewbies wrote: And because most icon mods are doing their job to kill time
I'm not doing it to kill time--I actually try to set aside time to do my icon mod duties. I do it to help the site and all the flash authors who don't have the time to make their own icons.

Well, you get what I mean. Making icons means less time +1'ing, and more time for the benefit of the site. I want to help as well. As mentioned many times, by also helping sort genres, it's two birds, one cu- I mean stone.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:41:49

I've also applied for genre modding. Sent Tom a PM and email.

BTW Jolly, you get all my babies. :P

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:45:46

At 9/22/10 03:26 AM, Domo wrote:

Well aren't you cool?

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:53:33

At 9/22/10 05:41 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I've also applied for genre modding. Sent Tom a PM and email.

Its that easy? I thought Tom has to pick you?

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 17:54:27

I'm not a Genre mod, (yet), but Rabid-Animals told me to PM Tom. Hopefully he will get back to you.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 18:00:50

At 9/22/10 05:54 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I'm not a Genre mod, (yet), but Rabid-Animals told me to PM Tom. Hopefully he will get back to you.

I didn't send a PM to Tom I thought he sends one to you. Im still fuzzy on the whole genre mod thing. Maybe later I might idk.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 18:00:57

At 9/22/10 05:53 PM, Domo wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:41 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I've also applied for genre modding. Sent Tom a PM and email.

I think if you're an icon mod already, you can just sign up for it without any problems. It's quite a similar job and it can easily be combined with icon modding.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 18:57:32

At 9/22/10 06:00 PM, Auz wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:53 PM, Domo wrote:

I think if you're an icon mod already, you can just sign up for it without any problems. It's quite a similar job and it can easily be combined with icon modding.

Thats cool. I might someday I just don't know what to say. And aren't these possessions not permanent? Once all the genres are done doesn't that mean all genre mods will be demoded and there will be no genre mods.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 19:13:55

At 9/22/10 05:53 PM, WeirdAlthe3rd wrote:
At 9/22/10 05:45 PM, ColecoVision wrote:
At 9/22/10 03:26 AM, Domo wrote:
Well aren't you cool?
I only missed 6 days. Does that make me cooler?

Yes, yes it does.

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 19:32:57

At 9/22/10 06:57 PM, Domo wrote: Once all the genres are done doesn't that mean all genre mods will be demoded and there will be no genre mods.

Genre mods don't only update submissions, they also can set up the ratings properly. There are plenty of submissions that are rated suitable for everyone, but they mentions a few bad words and have some violence in them. It's also a job for the genre mods rating them properly, but for now, we only focus on submissions without specific genres.

I think there won't be so many genre mods like the enormous icon mod team. Genre modding is easier and faster than creating and uploading icons, so that's why I don't think there will be many genre mods :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 21:31:06

At 9/22/10 04:45 PM, Fro wrote: I finally completed an artist the other day. It's really hard with my college schedule and everything, but I have a simple goal of about 10 icons a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot with people doing hundreds in a day, but I'm a strong believer in every little bit helps.

This.

I've been periodically lurking ITT and doing icons in sets of 5 or 10 or so every now and again since the semester started, mainly to break up compiling my projects and study sessions when I'm at my computer. It's not much, but it's a trickle of progress.

Also welcome to the new mods since the last time I posted this same sentence, etc.

Back to work~

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 21:51:25

I think its about time I posted here again. Got done with two artists today and will promise to get in 4 artists tomorrow. I think I am going to slow, I only did about 35 icons today. I am ashamed and am a slacker. I promise I will work harder guys...

And yes I am serious....

Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 21:57:20

At 9/22/10 09:51 PM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: I think I am going to slow, I only did about 35 icons today. I am ashamed and am a slacker.

35 icons in a day is pretty fast. You shouldn't be ashamed of yourself. I've barely made any icons in the past week, but as Domo calculated, even a small handful of icons can make a huge impact. There's no icon mod standard of pace, but if there were some sort of "average speed," Bahamut and reverend would be way above it, and everyone else would be below.

Just chill out, and get back to work.

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 21:57:26

At 9/22/10 09:51 PM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: I think its about time I posted here again. Got done with two artists today and will promise to get in 4 artists tomorrow. I think I am going to slow, I only did about 35 icons today. I am ashamed and am a slacker. I promise I will work harder guys...

And yes I am serious....

Don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone has their own pace and you should work at a pace you're comfortable with. So, there's nothing wrong with making 5 icons a day, because you're still helping to build a better Newgrounds, and that's what matters!

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 22:34:53

Listen up BITCHES!!! I am going to make 1000 icons tomorrow! If I have a list i will finish it! My goal is to have 100 every day of the week now! I am a fucking tortoise and will never see the end if i go this slow! I was modded to help and I will start by making 200 icons tomorrow! BRING IT ON COCKSUCKERS, I AM READY FOR THE SHITSTORM!

Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-22 22:53:06

At 9/22/10 10:34 PM, TheLavaMuffin wrote: Listen up BITCHES!!! I am going to make 200 icons tomorrow! If I have a list i will finish it! My goal is to have 100 every day of the week now! I am a fucking tortoise and will never see the end if i go this slow! BRING IT ON COCKSUCKERS, I AM READY FOR THE SHITSTORM!

I am an idiot for not fixing this fucking thing before I posted. I meant 200 tomorrow and 100 everyday that follows. Sorry for my shitty mistake... D:

Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature

Response to The Icon Mod Crew 2010-09-23 01:08:40

I would like too be a genre mod. I think it would be pretty cool. I don't want to PM Tom about it though, because I'm sure he's getting enough messages as it is.