00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need Criticism On My Character

617 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-03 00:31:06

I drew this dude and put him into a video I had to make for a class. I wouldn't say he's finished, because I feel that I need to add more depth to his flesh or something, but I don't really know where to start. If anyone could give me some pointers on how to make him look a bit more realistic, please fell free to help

Need Criticism On My Character

Response to Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-03 00:32:11

also I still need to make a background lol

Response to Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-03 00:59:34

Wow, this is so fucked up looking, but it's awesome. I don't really have a criticism for you besides the face, it looks like a flap of skin structured like a kite. It looks a little too flat.

But I really like the gory skinless head underneath it. (if that's what it is)

Response to Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-03 01:04:45

and the tubes coming from the right arm lack detail

Response to Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-03 01:22:55

yea my basis for the head was that it that the guys face was peeled off and then stretched out. His eyeball the only thing holding it to his head cuz it's impaled by the rods holding his face up. I really do need to add some depth to his face, like wrinkles and stuff.

Response to Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-03 01:28:23

At 5/3/10 01:22 AM, SirJoeBill wrote: yea my basis for the head was that it that the guys face was peeled off and then stretched out. His eyeball the only thing holding it to his head cuz it's impaled by the rods holding his face up. I really do need to add some depth to his face, like wrinkles and stuff.

The weirder the better, and this is weird as fuck. Good job. And don't forget about the tubes, they look too flat.

Response to Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-03 04:06:33

cool

i like the kite head and the organs especially.

you could add more shading. so far his skin is basically one color so it looks flat. Either add shadows to his skin or marks on the skin that conform to the curve of his arms, torso, etc.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-03 22:54:32

His rib cage is too narrow and rectangular. And I can't tell what that thing is with the organs at the bottom, is it supposed to be a glass cone full of organs?

Response to Need Criticism On My Character 2010-05-05 17:49:00

At 5/3/10 10:54 PM, RaptorFarmer wrote: His rib cage is too narrow and rectangular. And I can't tell what that thing is with the organs at the bottom, is it supposed to be a glass cone full of organs?

yea and i should probly try and add some glare effect to make it look like glass