00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10

17,238 Views | 198 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-26 13:51:29

I've got four results in, including mine. I'm still expecting results from these judges:
Vinstigator, Lejin, HeLLsGaUrDian, KillBillvolume2, mseemercury, MindChamber

I'm not going to wait too much longer for your results. I would like to have them in by NEXT SUNDAY at the latest! Next Sunday I will tally the submitted results and announce the winners.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-27 03:50:05

At 4/26/10 01:51 PM, tingtonger wrote: I've got four results in, including mine. I'm still expecting results from these judges:
Vinstigator, Lejin, HeLLsGaUrDian, KillBillvolume2, mseemercury, MindChamber

I'm not going to wait too much longer for your results. I would like to have them in by NEXT SUNDAY at the latest! Next Sunday I will tally the submitted results and announce the winners.

I will get these people on it

i can atleast get a hold of KB/ Msee merc/ Lejin/ Mand Mind chamber

DJ Delinquent. Musically Performing Armed Robbery

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-28 22:49:12

C'mon judges.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-30 21:24:45

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-02 19:22:43

I'm tallying up the points right now. If any other judges want to participate better get that shit in fast.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-02 19:49:24

Alright, I've added my judgements and tallied the results. There are a few ties, I really want atleast one more judge to give me results before I post the winners!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-02 20:25:09

Come on people :/

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-04 18:47:40

Haven't been back in a while (computer's broke down)....

what's happening w/ the results? just curious.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-04 20:01:26

I've got my results completely tallied, and I contacted the judges hoping for one more to send me results. MindChamber sent me some of his results and will send me the rest pronto. When MindChamber's results are in I'm going to announce the winners!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-05 00:02:14

Awesome.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-05 11:52:23

@KillBill - *yawn* Boring!

Can we like have the results neow pwease..
_ _
^)^
o

zzzzzzz

IMA KONQUER THE WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-05 17:19:01

At 5/5/10 11:52 AM, CKC2009 wrote: @KillBill - *yawn* Boring!

_ _
^)^
o

zzzzzzz

Bro I know we 'settled the dust' but at the same time, you can't go around trashing other people when your tracks aren't amazing. They're sloppy and not really rappable... Commercial = Money. Commercial beats also require a fuckload more skill.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-05 17:33:59

At 5/5/10 05:19 PM, IKONiC wrote:

:Commercial beats also require a fuckload more skill.

I agree that CKC shouldn't be shit talking. And hating on commercial stuff just because it's commercial is moronic, but don't be stupid. Saying any style requires more skill is disingenuous, and you know this.

~Mike~

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-05 21:16:11

At 5/5/10 11:52 AM, CKC2009 wrote: @KillBill - *yawn* Boring!

_ _
^)^
o

zzzzzzz

You know how every now and then someone posts a comment and you're like "ok, this guy's opinion is forever invalid?" Today, you're that guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-06 12:00:58

everyone can have their opinon:

Ikonik - we kl, i just dislike most hip hop or hip related stuff i see in the charts. imo. and ofcourse my beats are sloppy, im a dance and classical producer O.O.. and i make instrumental hip hop not for rappin.. seoo..

wyze - i havent said anything disrespectfulabout about commercial music, as i sed i just dislike it..

KB - i like ya beats and i aint trashed Neoone seo..

i just dislike the hip hop i see in the charts such as Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne..

no can everyone stfu with this petty shit.. gettin touchy over my god dam opinoon.

O.O

IMA KONQUER THE WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-06 16:09:24

At 5/6/10 01:20 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: ....... Shouldn't have gotten so testy.

HAhahah Testy.........Is exactly how I feel while waiting on the tracks to be scored. Officially over a month on this drawn out screamin on the forum assed bar fight of a competition that it has become.

Now I'm not gonna be the guy that bitches and moan's. I'm also not gonna be the guy that types out sum woopdey woo about i'ma come to you're house and beat you with a keyboard.

All of this is just beating it at the keyboard.

The mass ejaculation of over intensified posts has made people laugh, cry, and just downright be bothered. I hope that sum of my fellow hip-hopr's can look back through whats gone on here and possibly grow. Not in the sense of how they make their music, (maybe that too lol) but in how you conduct yourself while interacting with people that you will probably never see in your life.

Hip-Hop does incorporate violence into the theme. So do many other genre's. It's still music though. With that being said; You know that it is also by nature commercially rebellious and done by a guy that is happily sad about his wonderfully misfortunate life. Alot of songs in alot of genre's are just massive contradictions. Alot of songs in Hip-Hop are hypocritical, or commercial, or vein. Alot of songs in Hip-Hop are also true, or free-thinking, or humble. It's all about the artist.

You shouldn't let a certain Genre define the way act, or justify your action's with the Genre. People see your style as a certain genre, not your actions. If the Genre holds money, chances are you're gonna want sum. If that means you gotta make up sum retard garbage that people are gonna scream out of car windows for months on end, THEN DO IT. But, there is no effin way music is going to actually make you go hurt sumone, You're own rage does it. So, why would you let your rage make you look so immature? Especially rage that was caused by someone that you will probably never see in your life.

This all came from a thought bubble that floated up when my dog farted in the bath tub.
Just a really different perspective

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-06 19:03:23

Hip Hop Stuffs..

Shut the fuck up

...every one

DJ Delinquent. Musically Performing Armed Robbery

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-05-06 19:41:50

I'm going to put the judging results is this thread so as not to clutter the other thread. Check it out if you want to see how the judges voted!

NGHH Competition Winners

Time Trial

MickeyMao:
3 pts - Lyriklynklynd / Shaggy
2 pts - RedNWhite/RedMongoose
1 pt - IKONiC / Gasmasq

tingtonger:
3 pts - lyric/shaggy
2 pts - RednWhite/RedMongoose
1 pt - IKONiC/GasmasQ

Sample Battle

iKONiC: