00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TimeLierG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artist Seeks Programmer For Rpg.

849 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artist Seeks Programmer For Rpg. 2010-03-15 20:07:39

I'm looking for a programmer to help me code a tile based strategy RPG. I have made games in flash before but without the aid of an experienced programmer they always turn out a little buggy. I am a learned artist and animator and there is a brief sample of my work on my profile (most of my animations I export in a .mov format) the game engine would need to be able to randomly generate and manage multiple characters based on a 8 stat block, employ AI that uses strategically sound tactics during combat, load pre-animated cut scenes and scripted dialog, and a save function would be essential. I already have all the classes and races worked out, and the game will feature an Anabasis-like plot that would draw on many areas of mythology, but I and my writer friend can hammer out the details later, all I need to focus on now is building a solid game engine. I prefer to work with someone on a quid pro quo basis, but I'm willing to pay if necessary (price negotiable). here are some (fake) screen shots of what the end result might look like.

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Post a Reply or (preferably) PM me with inquiries.

Response to Artist Seeks Programmer For Rpg. 2010-03-18 00:46:12

like I said the screen shots just look real, my own attempts at coding even simple beat'em ups are ham-handed at best. but I think with a little time a viable combat engine could really bring this idea to life, the other stuff would be simple after that.