00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Atastic supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash Collab system

664 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Flash Collab system 2010-03-15 12:25:51

Hi,

Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of our awesome Flash Collab system. It was specifically built for developers/artists working together and is combined with a free file uploader similar to swf cabin's or the one recently implemented by Newgrounds.

You can find it at www.madsoftgames.org
You need to be logged in to access the collab system, It is exclusive to members.
Creating an account takes seconds and is free.
Public Collabs can be viewed by all registered Madsoft Community members. This feature I assume will be more popular once you have finished a project and wish to share the development process of your project with the flash community.
Private Collabs allow you to pick and choose who has access. Which I imagine will be incredibly valuable for teams with projects still in progress.

Feel free to stop by and try it out :-)
Input, feedback, and critique is more than welcome.

best, Jose
www.madsoftgames.org

HI HI :)

Response to Flash Collab system 2010-03-15 13:28:56

So it's similar to the Collab Forum, which we're currently in
which also has a File Uploader, which NG has anyway.

Except you need to register,
and it has less traffic - I'm currently looking at three slow-moving public collabs, with barely any involvement.

I'm not the type of person to poop over a site,
I just I can't see the beneft.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Collab system 2010-03-16 11:45:37

At 3/15/10 01:28 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: So it's similar to the Collab Forum, which we're currently in
which also has a File Uploader, which NG has anyway.

Except you need to register,
and it has less traffic - I'm currently looking at three slow-moving public collabs, with barely any involvement.

I'm not the type of person to poop over a site,
I just I can't see the beneft.

Thank you for checking out the site and registering :-)
I am sorry that you had some difficulty seeing the benefit of some of our features.
At the end of the day it is just an option and I can empathize entirely if you feel it may not be one for you.

However I do want to address and clarify a couple a points you brought up
it would be impossible to have a Flash Collab system without having the members register. How would you know who was contributing what, or even know who was joining?

The Collab system allows you to upload files directly to the collab, if you are in several collabs you can choose the one you are actively contributing to from a drop down.
All on the front page of the system you have access to all the information you need. recent files uploaded, a list of members and the ability to add new ones, collab description, as well as tabs leading to a couple other features. No forum does this, not even close.

Traffic has nothing to do with using the flash collab system and will not hinder you in anyway. The system is there to help you finish your project. Use it and upload your animation or game anywhere you want.

Thanks for reading and hope someone finds it useful :-)

best,
Jose

HI HI :)