00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Generic Sprite Collab

768 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Generic Sprite Collab 2010-03-12 21:02:26

Theme/Style

The theme of the collab is to make a not so generic sprite movie. The first part will be somewhat generic and the idea is to get less and less generic as the movie goes on by using more creative ideas that haven't been used before.

The submission will be made as a "make up the story as you go" type of collab. I've started out with a one minute introduction that can be seen here.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/120310/7 5589_Rough_draft.php

The next person in the list will then continue with the story in any manner that they want, but there is a catch!

You aren't allowed (or at least it's highly discouraged) to use the same sprites as someone else in the collab. That means the main character will change with ever new person, etc... If you happen to use the same background then it's not really a big deal, but be as different as possible!

Custom sprites are allowed, but make sure to go for that video game feel.

End date

Each person will have two weeks to finish their part. It shouldn't take that long though as the scenes are pretty short. (at least 30 seconds long and no longer than a minute give or take a few seconds for each) The sooner you get your part done the better, but don't rush if it will harm your quality.

Who can join

Only people who are committed to doing their parts on time. I'm also looking for a quality level at least as good as mine and I didn't do anything too amazing. :P It would be a good idea to show your work before I make my decision of whether you can be a part of this or not.

I will handle the PM's whenever necessary.

Version of flash

I'm using CS3 so anything that is compatible with that.

Details

When I started this I did it at 12 FPS, so that's what it's going to have to be.

The stage size is the default working area.

Make your scene end with a fade and begin with a fade in.

When you are done with your scene send me the file as a movie clip so I don't have a lot of layers to work with. Then link the swf here by uploading it somewhere on the internet so the next person knows when they can start and what they have to work with.

Coauthors

I'm looking for 8 spots.

1) Me - http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/120310/7 5589_Rough_draft.php
2) ?
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
9) ?

There is someone who is going to create mini-games for the pre-loader and a menu already.

So there are only currently 8 spots left. Meaning everyone will be coauthored on the submission. Ad money will be split between everyone evenly, but let's not worry about ad money too much.

Final notes

I have an upload limit of 20 MB so don't sacrifice quality! Use voices only if they are high quality voices!

Put your name somewhere visible on at least a small section of your scene so viewers know who's part they are watching.

Response to Generic Sprite Collab 2010-03-12 21:34:35

It seems you don't have a solo submission.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to Generic Sprite Collab 2010-03-12 21:40:38

At 3/12/10 09:34 PM, Farza wrote: It seems you don't have a solo submission.

That's because I've coauthored most of my solo submissions with a "productions account." And yes, I actually do have a solo submission with a score of 3.96. Couldn't have looked too hard if you missed it.

The other solo submissions I just happened to coauthor the production accounts on have the following scores.

I'm pretty sure that my batting average is high enough is it not? The production accounts are owned by me so technically while I only have one solo, all of these scores are also solo projects as well.

Response to Generic Sprite Collab 2010-03-13 17:45:39

Something else I forgot to mention. When you make your scene you will have to name your items in your library by something that nobody else would have used so to make things easy you could use your username and then follow them by numbers.

If there are too many things to name then you can just put them in a folder with your username as the title so everything is ready to go. It would also be good if you stretched the movie clip that you send out to it's correct length so it's ready to go.

Response to Generic Sprite Collab 2010-03-13 20:27:03

I think one of the biggest drawbacks to make people want to join this collab is the fact that its going to have to be done in 12 fps, which for sprites, is going to come out quite choppy.