00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Legend Of Zelda Series

2,387 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 15:44:31

what was your favourite game from the legend of zelda so far. and what was the worst. just basically type anything about the legend of zelda series.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 16:23:29

Twilight Princess.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 16:26:01

Best: A Link to the Past

Worst: Zelda 2

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 17:09:23

At 3/8/10 04:26 PM, supperman2 wrote: Best: A Link to the Past

I would agree with you on this one.

Worst is such a harsh word, just consider it on the bottom of the list.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 17:14:14

At 3/8/10 05:09 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I would agree with you on this one.

What's amazing is that it doesn't feel retro when playing it. The sign of a true classic that very few games have. It's aged well and probably still will 10 years from now.

Worst is such a harsh word, just consider it on the bottom of the list.

No, I actually think it is worst. I mean, it's a good game on its own, but it's like a combination of Final Fantasy and some generic NES sidescroller. After playing things like LttP, it throws you off and doesn't feel like Zelda at all, therefore being unenjoyable.

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 17:19:13

At 3/8/10 05:14 PM, supperman2 wrote: What's amazing is that it doesn't feel retro when playing it. The sign of a true classic that very few games have. It's aged well and probably still will 10 years from now.

Indeed.

No, I actually think it is worst. I mean, it's a good game on its own, but it's like a combination of Final Fantasy and some generic NES sidescroller. After playing things like LttP, it throws you off and doesn't feel like Zelda at all, therefore being unenjoyable.

Yes it is the black sheep of the Zelda family, but many things introduced into that game were put into future titles, like A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. Use of magic, other items, and more combat than just swinging a sword.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 17:34:39

Legend of Zelda
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Link to the Past
Oracle of Ages/Seasons

No particular order.

I'm about to try Phantom HourGlass hopefully its good.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 17:42:54

Well there is a new one coming out called Spirit Tracks or something

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 17:45:00

At 3/8/10 05:19 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Yes it is the black sheep of the Zelda family, but many things introduced into that game were put into future titles, like A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. Use of magic, other items, and more combat than just swinging a sword.

Yesssss. Finally Zelda II getting some MOTHERFUCKING RESPECT that it deserves. It's not a bad game, though very tough at times. It may be the most non-Zelda Zelda game so far, but so what? It's a damn fun game...but maybe I only think this way because I grew up on Atari/NES/SNES games and I'm a big nostalgiafag. Oh yeah, and don't forget it was the first game that pitted link against his dark clone. >:O

Best: Majora's Mask
Worst: Link's Awakening

Ignore this signature.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 17:46:40

My favorite, may sound kinda cliche, is Ocarina of Time. Least fave, Phantom Hourglass! I haven't played Spirit Tracks but any game where it's all touch-screen based is shitty.

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 18:24:14

Minish cap is my favorite but i haven't played all of them yet.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 19:51:12

At 3/8/10 04:26 PM, supperman2 wrote: Best: A Link to the Past

I agree with this.

A Link to the Past was just an all around masterpiece for its time. One of my first video games I ever played and it was just fantastic.

Zelda II was just broken in multiple ways. They tried a new formula and unfortunately it failed. Very clumsy game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 20:10:12

Best to me would be Majora's Mask, I've had it the longest out of all of them and have developed a larger bond with it than any of the others. My least favourite would be Phantom Hourglass. I never really got into it and using the touch screen to control everythingjust doesn't work out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 20:29:14

Best: Faces of Evil and Adventure of Link

Worst: It's a tie between Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 20:45:38

twilight princess was really fun.

can ou find the missing letter??? ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 21:19:14

Best? Wind Waker.
Least Favorite? Zelda 2

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 21:20:31

At 3/8/10 05:42 PM, Joshsouza wrote: Well there is a new one coming out called Spirit Tracks or something

That's already out, and was supposedly good, for a handheld game. I just think they need to buckle down and really work on this new Wii Zelda. I want to be impressed just like how Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time impressed me. The other Zeldas were beautifully fun, but they didn't wow me like those two did.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 21:55:37

I happen to think the best would be Wind Waker and the worst would be minish cap or watever its called.

pOsSoM2

XBL Gamertag-JustinEverlast

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-08 22:54:00

Okay, I take that back. Wind Waker is the worst Zelda game ever, Phantom Hourglass is almost as bad..

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 02:30:52

At 3/8/10 05:46 PM, ZagmenO wrote: My favorite, may sound kinda cliche, is Ocarina of Time. Least fave, Phantom Hourglass! I haven't played Spirit Tracks but any game where it's all touch-screen based is shitty.

yeah ocarina of time was great. as soon as i finished it i got pissed off and wanted to start all over again.
but anyways. i'm gonna get wind waker this week so yay...

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 16:22:08

it's really hard to tell. almost every game have touched me at some kind of moment...
so i guess i have to go for all my favorites in no order

Wind Waker
Link to the Past
Majoras Mask
Ocarina of Time
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess

also my least favorites in no order

Legend of Zelda
Zelda II
Links Awakning
Four Sword Adventure

to be honest, the first Zelda game has never appealed to me....
Zelda II just didn't work for me...
Links Awakning got boring very fast.
Four Sword was cool the first time, but it got no re-run value...

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 16:52:15

It's too hard to pick the best cause I have so many favorites but my top 5 in order would be:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Twilight Princess
3. Majora's Mask
4. A Link to the Past
5. Legend of Zelda

The worst? There's only 1 I played that I hated:

Wind Waker. The graphics turned me off right away, but I still tried to look past that. Graphics don't make a game but any Zelda game in cel shading graphics I won't play again. Also, in addition to the graphics I hated the fact you had to sail everywhere. It pissed me off and made it boring. The characters were annoying too, I hated Link and thought he was a pussey and Zelda was a bitch. The only things good about it were its story which I thought was really cool, and the combat was pretty good. And keep in mind, I actually gave this game a chance. I made it to like the last level like before Ganon and my friend asked to borrow it so I let him like 5 years ago, and I haven't asked for it back.

And Zelda II is actually a really fun game. It's definately not the best example of a Zelda game, but as a game alone, the game is really fun and influencial on the action RPG genre that soon followed on the SNES. And like said before, it introduced a lot of new elements that would soon follow in the Zelda franchise.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 17:05:53

At 3/8/10 09:55 PM, possum2 wrote: the worst would be minish cap or watever its called.

Yeah, the story was stupid, Vaati is now a minish who betrayed a bird-hat creature and Link wore him so he could shrink, that's pretty stupid imo. Hyrule was such a small area in this game, I could beat it in under ten hours and when you beat the game, there's nothing else to do because other than finding chests that all contain 50 Rupees and fusing Kinstones with people to find 50 Rupee chests, there were no side missions.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 17:09:11

Why do people keep naming Oracles or Majora for the sole reason that they're the most obscure titles in the series?

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 17:17:33

I've to say that I love TP.
I do hate so so much zelda 2 that putting it as the worst is too repetitive.
I've played Spiritn Tracks, nad by the second dungeon it got all repetitive.
It feels that every Zelda game is doing 11 times the same thing.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 21:23:08

Yeah, the story was stupid, Vaati is now a minish who betrayed a bird-hat creature and Link wore him so he could shrink, that's pretty stupid imo. Hyrule was such a small area in this game, I could beat it in under ten hours and when you beat the game, there's nothing else to do because other than finding chests that all contain 50 Rupees and fusing Kinstones with people to find 50 Rupee chests, there were no side missions.

Yea thats stupid..lol.I like wind Waker but it seems almost everbody else hated it.lol.

pOsSoM2

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 21:34:26

Am I the only one who hates Four Swords adventure?
The game actually had you use teamwork which sucked and had some hard puzzles.
No one likes teamwork and the puzzles were stupid hard where you just had to guess where to go, or walk back a couple of screens to talk to some character.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 21:49:39

At 3/9/10 09:34 PM, CompleteDouche wrote: Am I the only one who hates Four Swords adventure?
The game actually had you use teamwork which sucked and had some hard puzzles.
No one likes teamwork and the puzzles were stupid hard where you just had to guess where to go, or walk back a couple of screens to talk to some character.

Dont worry dude I hated it too.lol

pOsSoM2

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-09 22:24:10

I just bought the original Legend of Zelda on the NES.

BBS Signature

Response to The Legend Of Zelda Series 2010-03-10 03:07:34

My favorite Zelda game of all time is "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening". Even though it was in black and white, it had one of the more deeper plots in the Zelda series. It was unique in the fact that it didn't take place in the land of Hyrule and Ganon was not final boss. It also has one of the saddest endings in any Zelda game. If you haven't played this game, you owe it to yourself to do so. Here is the main theme of the game entitled "Ballad of The Wind Fish"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB7BV1ews Zk

If they remade this game in 3D it would probably get the recognition it deserves...

The Legend Of Zelda Series

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature