00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jd-d20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zombie and Robot Artists needed!

667 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Zombie and Robot Artists needed! 2010-03-07 14:40:16

Hi, I am currently working on two flash games, however, I really need a partner (or partners) when it comes to drawing, as I am just not artistically talented.

The zombie game is a pretty simple first person shooter. I have finished a good amount of it already, the only thing I need now is some drawn zombies with a bunch of random animations, and some cool backgrounds. I have been working in Flash MX on this game, and yes I realize almost no one will be willing to use that version. However, I will definitely be willing to adapt to whatever version any interested artist is using.

The robot game is a bit more complex. I have designed the game at the pre-production level. It is going to be an ATB style turn based RPG, much like Final Fantasy VII. I have mocked up how the combat will work, have designed about 15 unique abilities, but I haven't started coding it yet. So what I really need for this game is someone who can draw robots and high tech sceneries well. I'm not sure what the enemies are going to be yet, so I'm definitely open for suggestions there.

As far as sponsorship goes, I'm new to it all. If any interested artists have dealt with that sort of thing before by all means, let's make some money! But I'm really just trying to get some of my work out there, get some experience and maybe meet some designers to work with on future projects, but of course getting paid wouldn't be so bad either.

Both of these projects will eventually need some quality audio, but I consider that pretty secondary to the actual creation of the games.

If anyone is interested in either of these projects at all, please contact me either on here on through email: bauerlej@hartwick.edu
Thanks, and I hope to be working with some of you.

Response to Zombie and Robot Artists needed! 2010-03-07 17:19:27

Can We see some examples?

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie and Robot Artists needed! 2010-03-07 21:29:28

Well, give me a shout as and when you need some audio. I can do good zombie :-)

I appreciate its secondary, but whenever's good for me.

Response to Zombie and Robot Artists needed! 2010-03-07 21:55:12

At 3/7/10 05:19 PM, Farza wrote: Can We see some examples?

Well I have a mock-up of how the robot game will work, but I'd rather not reveal my entire plan unless someone is committed to the project.

Basically you will have two resources to maintain, metal and electricity. Metal serves as your health, but some abilities require you to use some of it up. There are three skill trees, melee, weapons, and special. Here is an example of each:

Wake Up Jab (melee tier 2)- Very high damage if foe is stunned, immediately wakes up foe, no chance to stun

Negative Particle Explosion(special tier 3)- Deals high damage to all guarding foes, but heals non guarding ones, high electricity cost

Bullet rain (weapons tier 1)- fires 10-25 bullets in the air, each do individual damage, low steel cost, lower elec cost

Response to Zombie and Robot Artists needed! 2010-03-10 11:00:15

I will help you if you are willing to help me.

Well call it a trade.
check my post out.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1151 600