00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Calling the Best of Newgrounds

633 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Calling the Best of Newgrounds 2010-03-01 21:48:35

I'm 18 years old and have been working with Flash for the last 6 years. I've applied as an Illustration major to the leading art schools in the country, recommended by some to their Office of Admissions... Thus very visually literate.

I have a heavy amount of drawing, animating, and film experience, and would like to start a collaborative project offered to the very best I can find from multiple sources. The standard is very high. Skill and the promise of dedication is a given.

Those who are interested in working on one of the most ambitious Flash projects, please contact my email with a sample of your work of the following:

Artists I:
Sketches or completed drawings of the human figure on both traditional paper and digital medium. Demonstrate your ability to draw characters repetitively with clean lines. Also, show your ability to draw props, vehicles, and environments (buildings or landscape) in different angles, accurate to perspective.

Artists II:
The animation will take place in an environment mostly covered in snow, but we do need artists who are talented in coloring. Please demonstrate your ability to color in Flash (not PhotoShop) that emits various moods (at least 3 examples). Color over a scanned pencil drawing of a character and environment (separate or together). The focus will be upon coloring, so please do not mind the quality of the sketch. If needed, use a grayscale pencil sketch you find on the internet. Completed work is not required, but appreciated.

Animators:
This will be a frame by frame animation, so more than one animator (myself) isn't required. However, a time will come for ActionScripting, which I am rather ignorant to, and I will need one to program playback features and the menus. I will be recruiting Animators (if needed) much later.

About the Animation:
The story is nearly completed. It is currently in the making of amongst very creative writers. It will be emailed back to those who make the cut in the process of recruitment.

The animation will be a short; elapsing roughly 1-2 minutes. Characters will be portrayed as realistic as possible by design, expression, and voice. The anime series "Black Lagoon" is a good example of the style of animation we will be aiming for, though not entirely.

Commission. I've worked for commissioned projects, and have led them also. Personally, I find that promising incentive for artists is a negative impact on any freelance project; I only look for talented artists who are strongly motivated by their passion to complete a great work of art with or without pay. Commissioning work does yield dedication, but half-assed work also, which I am disgusted by. I expect many to turn away in fear of rejection, lack of motivation from no commission, or lack of interest. However, the making of this animation will commence with or without support from the NG community, as we do already meet the minimum number of very talented and dedicated artists. However,

If you are interested, please email me your sample work to

stormofclouds@gmail.com

Thank you.

Falling, falling, hurting cold, along Fall's tender breeze;

Applauding still, these endless claps; these fragile droplets, cease.

rainst0rms

Response to Calling the Best of Newgrounds 2010-03-02 05:52:19

I of coarse am not good enough to do this project! but would you not consider showing some of your work, none of greats are going to take their time to do project with someone who says they are "good"

Response to Calling the Best of Newgrounds 2010-03-02 11:22:49

At 3/1/10 09:48 PM, rainst0rm wrote: If you are interested, please email me your sample work to

How about you provide some samples of YOUR work?