00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs

2,024 Views | 26 Replies

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/26 /liberals.atheists.sex.intelligence/inde x.html

Liberals tending to have higher IQs is new news to me. Can't say that I'm surprised about atheists having higher IQs though. In fact, that's what I surmised all along given that it takes a lot of stupidity to believe in a fairy tale book that a bunch of hippies wrote a few hundred years ago in order to soothe their inquiring minds on the reason for their existence.

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:06:26

* a few thousand years ago

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:06:40

It also says being a prude means you're smarter as well.

E.G. Who gives a fuck

Kyrbz is technically the plural of Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:09:17

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:12:12

My IQ is 149 according to three years ago. I'm Catholic. So... Yay?

You guys are all real swell.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:14:10

Idc about the atheist/theist shit but as for the liberal/conservative thing you can basically see that from space if you ever attend a tea party rally...

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:24:22

To all the idiots who think that a IQ determines your "Common Sense", "Experience", etc, wake up.
IQ just determines your academic smarts, nothing more.

I hate people who turn into Athiests and rub it in everyone's face because they think not believing in God makes them badass and independent.

I'm a Athiest, and I don't go around calling anyone with religion retards and proceed to prove them wrong.

Life is like a cupcake. Your enjoying it until somebody bumps into you and you drop it.

</Shamful Ad>

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:25:51

At 2/27/10 10:05 PM, treysongz wrote: so you're saying ppl that believe in god are idiots?

Yes.

Flaming ensues.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

- George Carlin

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:25:53

IQ means fucking shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:31:28

At 2/27/10 10:25 PM, AndrewGlisson13 wrote: IQ means fucking shit.

Shhhhh, you'll make the true idiots' "IQ" rise!!

I wish I was PaintSplat's. alt. account.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 22:38:46

I usually avoid this, but, someone please lock this obvious flamebait thread before it turns into a 10-page shitstorm.

Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs

I dont even.

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 23:07:27

Oh, but it's CNN and that's LIBERAL NEWS

Fucking rednecks.

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-27 23:15:32

Atheists win for once! woo!

Man, god doesn't exist, it was just an excuse for "Priests" to make more money in the medieval times. The big bang is the truth!

3 lines? Not much room. I feel cramped in this little rectangular box, yet it's still comfy.

My life sucks at times, at other times it shines... this sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 18:34:49

At 2/27/10 10:04 PM, runpoochrun wrote: In fact, that's what I surmised all along given that it takes a lot of stupidity to believe in a fairy tale book that a bunch of hippies wrote a few hundred years ago in order to soothe their inquiring minds on the reason for their existence.

Wow, you sound like an extremely smart person. Perhaps if you'd actually research some of these "Fairy Tales," you'd find an equal number of proofs pointing in the direction of God being factual.
Any manner of belief structure can seem unstable when picked apart...
OH YES MR SCIENTIST, I'M SO GLAD CLOUDS OF MICROSCOPIC PARTICLES SOMEHOW MANAGED TO MANIFEST THEMSELVES INTO BEING! I GUESS SINCE THEY WERE SO MINUSCULE THEY NEED NOT EVER HAVE A BEGINNING. ( I prefer Clifford the Big Red Dog over that previous fairy tale I summed up for you.)

"What the thinker thinks, the prover proves."
Accepting any manner of belief blindly (yes even my Atheist friends who rely on only the most selective concepts of science to decorate their understandings with) without actually experimenting YOURSELF to see just what is possible, is foolish. It is of imperative importance one goes beyond the books of any creed, be it religious or science, and experiments themselves.

Read The Bible, The Torah, The Qur'an, attempt a prayer of some intervention. If that's not your style, utilize some literal Mind over Matter techniques to see if you, yourself can bring about change in conformity with your own will.
Just don't jam up and become one of the many who are so scared to try anything that might actually cause their previous understanding of reality to shatter.

As for myself, I was an Atheist for quite a long time, and quite a devious one at that, but instances can change an individual.
while I may still be a Liberal, (and quite devious,) my Friend, I am as well Christian after enough amazing instances changed me from Atheist.

Also, My IQ is about 125. (Some tests have pointed to 120, others 130, so I'll play it safe and leave it at 125)
Still perhaps I'm just a diamond in the rough, or too busy being brain washed from my fairy tales.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 18:41:32

At 2/27/10 10:04 PM, runpoochrun wrote: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/26 /liberals.atheists.sex.intelligence/inde x.html

Liberals tending to have higher IQs is new news to me. Can't say that I'm surprised about atheists having higher IQs though.

Your post was all good up to here.

In fact, that's what I surmised all along given that it takes a lot of stupidity to believe in a fairy tale book that a bunch of hippies wrote a few hundred years ago in order to soothe their inquiring minds on the reason for their existence.

Then you fucked up. Flame-war a-comin'. Also made you look like an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 18:43:57

At 2/27/10 10:05 PM, treysongz wrote: so you're saying ppl that believe in god are idiots?

yes, thats exactly what the op said

read the post, don't put words in his mouth, whether he meant it or not.

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 19:10:24

At 2/27/10 10:04 PM, runpoochrun wrote: In fact, that's what I surmised all along given that it takes a lot of stupidity to believe in a fairy tale book that a bunch of hippies wrote a few hundred years ago in order to soothe their inquiring minds on the reason for their existence.

It's funny because Christians hate hippies.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.

I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 19:28:44

Wisdom and intelligence aren't found in books. They aren't measured by tests which in themselves are prone to fallacy and misrepresentation -they were written by people. Gathering intelligence is a lifelong journey. To say that one person is more intelligent than another is to be blind to the fact that learning takes time. Each of us is now in a different state, a different place along the number line of learning.

Also, god isn't a fallacy for idiots. God is an idea as old as man, used to illuminate basic truths about human nature, and nature in general. We fucked up when we decided to name god, and give him (or her, or it) a personality.

-personal belief: god is the sum of all energy and decay, life and death on planet earth. He is everywhere, in everything and simultaneously nowhere and nothing. God is gravity, god is freefall. God is whatever you make it to be. Each person's perception defines their reality. The mind is the origin where all dimensions meet. In essence, each and every one of us is god, or a god, in that we are a part of god and god is a part of us. He is the most evil, and the most benevolent. Jesus and Satan are just 2 sides of the same coin.

Boldest is he who refuses see what has once come and is to be.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 19:31:40

At 2/27/10 10:13 PM, MrPercie wrote: Ra ra ra ra

Some body is butt hurt.

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 19:33:23

Yeah, pretty much

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 19:34:32

At 2/28/10 07:31 PM, Dema-The-Hedgehog wrote:
At 2/27/10 10:13 PM, MrPercie wrote: Ra ra ra ra
Some body is butt hurt.

Well there is no reason for someone to go trolling through here about something so stupid.

Who's your warden, baby?

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 19:44:48

Atheists tend to be smarter because they don't leave everything to their higher power, they take charge.

Also, when people say that IQ is stupid and that they have "street smarts", street smarts is just their way of defending themselves and making them look even slightly smart.

Yes I am an atheist.

Phew, what a long and depressing post!!

Hey Paul!

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 19:47:19

At 2/28/10 06:34 PM, BaronVonBadGuy wrote:
As for myself, I was an Atheist for quite a long time, and quite a devious one at that, but instances can change an individual.

So you prayed for something that couldn't possibly ever have happened on its own and you got it?
That's fucking awesome!

At 2/28/10 07:28 PM, Pre-K-Prostitute wrote: To say that one person is more intelligent than another is to be blind to the fact that learning takes time.

This makes no sense.

God is an idea as old as man, used to illuminate basic truths about human nature, and nature in general.

The idea of a god hasn't produced a single tangible advancement that I'm aware of.

-personal belief: god is the sum of all energy and decay, life and death on planet earth. He is everywhere, in everything and simultaneously nowhere and nothing. God is gravity, god is freefall. God is whatever you make it to be. Each person's perception defines their reality. The mind is the origin where all dimensions meet. In essence, each and every one of us is god, or a god, in that we are a part of god and god is a part of us. He is the most evil, and the most benevolent. Jesus and Satan are just 2 sides of the same coin.

Again, an idea with 0 explanatory power. Useless.

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 19:55:38

Maybe bullshit wouldn't spread through these forums so fast if it wasn't full of ignorant virgins.

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 20:06:35

I had heard about that before, but I was pretty surprised to see it actually be confirmed. I can understand the liberals having higher IQ's, but it is interesting how atheists do it as well. That reminds me of something I heard on Snopes about a report that talked about how there was something circulating about all the Democrats having high IQ's, but I guess the people who made that have the right idea.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 20:16:41

At 2/28/10 07:55 PM, ripoffhitman wrote: Maybe bullshit wouldn't spread through these forums so fast if it wasn't full of ignorant virgins.

ohh so true! lmao

Check out my new song ''Open the Eyes Of My Heart Lord''

3rd place in the weekly 5!

BBS Signature

Response to Atheists & Liberals have higher IQs 2010-02-28 20:18:04

and the data should not be used to stereotype or make assumptions about people, experts say.

LOL

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature