00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

titanmo01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Horror Collaboration

5,163 Views | 68 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-02-28 21:34:41

At 2/28/10 08:59 PM, dante224 wrote: sounds like a typical screamer collab.

im not in if i cant do a silly 60's black and white chiller satire

yeah kinda like that, but not just the screamer parts, what exactly did you have in mind?

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-02-28 23:41:46

I apologize about this, but i just realized that the screen size was way too big, so i shaved the screen size down 100 px.

NEW SCREEN SIZE: 700x400

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 00:04:10

i'd love to be part of this.

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 00:32:20

At 3/1/10 12:04 AM, ThePeanutShark wrote: i'd love to be part of this.

do you have any flash experience?

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 02:05:02

screamer parts are lame - its the easiest way to startle people.

I say that because i hate being startled, but it might be fun on the laughing end

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 03:16:29

At 2/28/10 09:34 PM, darx wrote:
At 2/28/10 08:59 PM, dante224 wrote: sounds like a typical screamer collab.

im not in if i cant do a silly 60's black and white chiller satire
yeah kinda like that, but not just the screamer parts, what exactly did you have in mind?

i was planning on doing a black and white satire based on old 30's corny horror films (i'll probably use an old reference film for the humor)

its definitely meant to be funny (not scary, which i honestly think is a stupid thing to do on NG)

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 04:59:59

i'd also like to join if your willing to accept me. very interested in the horror theme.

chyea.

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 05:11:38

At 3/1/10 03:16 AM, dante224 wrote: i was planning on doing a black and white satire based on old 30's corny horror films (i'll probably use an old reference film for the humor)

its definitely meant to be funny (not scary, which i honestly think is a stupid thing to do on NG)

Okay, I'll accept it, but only because I believe in the idea of collaborations not to be set by too many rules, but that being said, I would like to see the application before joining. I think your part would fit nicely in the intro to the film, just to lighten the mood, if its anything like the movie "Fido" in that type of spoof.

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 05:13:26

At 3/1/10 04:59 AM, hound-of-soundwave wrote: i'd also like to join if your willing to accept me. very interested in the horror theme.

application first please.

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 06:05:36

if people dont mind ill keep posting to keep people keen

A Horror Collaboration

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 07:18:42

At 3/1/10 06:05 AM, jossospro wrote: if people dont mind ill keep posting to keep people keen

looking good man, I can't wait to see some animation..

as a tradition of mine, I don't actually post my part until the finished product is done and submitted, but I do post teaser pictures as I finish them :)

so here is a teaser screenshot of a scene I'm almost done with.

A Horror Collaboration

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 09:42:35

At 3/1/10 05:13 AM, darx wrote:
At 3/1/10 04:59 AM, hound-of-soundwave wrote: i'd also like to join if your willing to accept me. very interested in the horror theme.
application first please.

I understand that you want this to be a quality collab, but making a decent part takes more than a few stills. The majority of the people you're 'accepting' at this stage will probably flake out on you in the end anyway... so why sabotage yourself? Just let people join in, do their part, post their progress ...and if at any point you decide it's not good enough, ask them to make it better or reject it. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 16:55:35

At 3/1/10 09:42 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: I understand that you want this to be a quality collab, but making a decent part takes more than a few stills. The majority of the people you're 'accepting' at this stage will probably flake out on you in the end anyway... so why sabotage yourself? Just let people join in, do their part, post their progress ...and if at any point you decide it's not good enough, ask them to make it better or reject it. You might be pleasantly surprised.

When I look at the picture that they draw for the app, i'm looking at the cleanliness of the strokes and how they used flash, so i can get an idea of where their experience is. IF they can draw out an idea of what they want, I could help with the animation. I just don't want a collab riddled with kids asking how to start a motion tween.

I've done a few collabs in my life ReNaeNae, I would just like to see some skill before both sides waste time.

Anybody that wants to join, and feels they have what it takes, just have to start working on their flash and export the image of any part of it, if it is quality work, ur in. That simple... idk why everyone is stressing.

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 16:58:36

At 3/1/10 04:55 PM, darx wrote:
At 3/1/10 09:42 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: I understand that you want this to be a quality collab, but making a decent part takes more than a few stills. The majority of the people you're 'accepting' at this stage will probably flake out on you in the end anyway... so why sabotage yourself? Just let people join in, do their part, post their progress ...and if at any point you decide it's not good enough, ask them to make it better or reject it. You might be pleasantly surprised.
When I look at the picture that they draw for the app, i'm looking at the cleanliness of the strokes and how they used flash, so i can get an idea of where their experience is. IF they can draw out an idea of what they want, I could help with the animation. I just don't want a collab riddled with kids asking how to start a motion tween.

I've done a few collabs in my life ReNaeNae, I would just like to see some skill before both sides waste time.

Anybody that wants to join, and feels they have what it takes, just have to start working on their flash and export the image of any part of it, if it is quality work, ur in. That simple... idk why everyone is stressing.

because im in a bind of doing multiple collabs right now...

here's a sample animation from one of them for my initiation :/

i'll start doing my part in a week or so

i mean, why dont you just look at the user pages for quality and experience?

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 17:15:35

At 3/1/10 04:58 PM, dante224 wrote:
because im in a bind of doing multiple collabs right now...

here's a sample animation from one of them for my initiation :/

i'll start doing my part in a week or so

i mean, why dont you just look at the user pages for quality and experience?

I do, but i don't rely on userpages, I know a lot of people are working on stuff and have not submitted, or just haven't finished something, For instance, my quality of work is a lot higher than my most recent submissions, cause I've been working a bit on my animating.

So i ask for an easy app. to show where skill is. easy enough right?

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 18:08:41

Anyways I'm definitely not in.................... if you were interested to know that little gem of info

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 18:17:21

Unfortunately, i wont be able to work on my flash for the rest of the week as i am on holiday in greece and cant get a copy of CS3 here. When i get back, though, i will try to finish up all my prev. engagmemts and use my very limited spare time to work on my part. sorry!

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 18:34:24

ok people, this is the sort of thing I've been told this collab is looking for:

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/020310/3 4468_Gremlin_Thing.php

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 18:53:42

At 3/1/10 06:34 PM, jossospro wrote: ok people, this is the sort of thing I've been told this collab is looking for:

well done, smooth walking animation too

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-01 19:55:25

At 3/1/10 06:53 PM, Madnath75 wrote:
At 3/1/10 06:34 PM, jossospro wrote: ok people, this is the sort of thing I've been told this collab is looking for:

well done, smooth walking animation too

thats what i said lol!

well back to another few hours of work.

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-02 00:26:25

todays work :)

I'm really happy with my part so far... Anybody else making any progress?

teaser 2

A Horror Collaboration

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-02 05:49:50

actually i havnt thought about joining. i can produce a sample to show , but to be honest iv got alot on on my plate at the moment, so im passing on this oppertunity even though i can see this collab is deffiantly going to turn out well.

chyea.

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-02 07:14:22

Yeah i understand, a lot of people are busy with school and stuff, hard to focus on flash...

but, i've been a beast at animation today, I'm almost done!!!

TEASER 3

A Horror Collaboration

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-03 04:13:27

So I posted my original part for this as a solo project, but I still plan to make another horror part for this collab :) Jossos and I are the ones that seem to be most active in this so far.

So any updates?

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-03 05:29:18

am i too late to join in. I've got loads of free time at the moment.

<a> http://james-oreilly.com <a>

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-03 10:27:39

I was hoping to enter this. I'll post some artwork soon.

The Animator's Knowledge Pool ~ for all your animation questions!

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-03 15:25:37

At 3/3/10 05:29 AM, mungo-raginbrain wrote: am i too late to join in. I've got loads of free time at the moment.

<a> http://james-oreilly.com <a>

just in time my friend :)

I checked out ur website, and I like ur work, so you can skip the application, what is your idea?

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-03 18:04:44

At 3/1/10 05:11 AM, darx wrote:
At 3/1/10 03:16 AM, dante224 wrote: i was planning on doing a black and white satire based on old 30's corny horror films (i'll probably use an old reference film for the humor)

Okay, I'll accept it, but only because I believe in the idea of collaborations not to be set by too many rules, but that being said, I would like to see the application before joining. I think your part would fit nicely in the intro to the film, just to lighten the mood, if its anything like the movie "Fido" in that type of spoof.

I was thinking something horror related but definately more in the comedy vein, i think it's more effective in flash.
It would be good to use this collab as motivation to get something horror/comedy animated but if you are particular about keeping it a certain way then i'm happy enough to leave it there. I just dont think i can do scary

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-03 20:18:37

At 3/3/10 06:04 PM, mungo-raginbrain wrote:
I was thinking something horror related but definately more in the comedy vein, i think it's more effective in flash.
It would be good to use this collab as motivation to get something horror/comedy animated but if you are particular about keeping it a certain way then i'm happy enough to leave it there. I just dont think i can do scary

I didn't think i could pull off the horror theme so well either, but I did.... give it a shot, if you want, post ur idea here and i'll help yah out with it.

BBS Signature

Response to A Horror Collaboration 2010-03-04 07:31:30

At 3/3/10 08:18 PM, darx wrote:
At 3/3/10 06:04 PM, mungo-raginbrain wrote:
I didn't think i could pull off the horror theme so well either, but I did.... give it a shot, if you want, post ur idea here and i'll help yah out with it.

I might have to give this one a miss, i've just had some paid work come in so that's gonna keep me pretty busy. keen to see how the collab goes though