00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ironbrandon22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Someone in Japan Stole my Music

34,557 Views | 194 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-15 18:45:36

At 2/15/10 06:41 PM, loansindi wrote: I think his voting down/marking as spam of comments pointing out the origin of the music in his videos is pretty clear communication.

Me too.
But maybe the guy from YouTube is not the game developer.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-15 18:47:34

This would be so much easier if these people spoke english.

Youtube MySpace Facebook Guitarist, audio engineer, programmer, songwriter and voice actor. Need any of those? Message me. I enjoy collabing! <3

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-15 18:56:45

Don't you worry for him, he definitely speak English, that's why he made the videos "private".
Also he erased my link to the CC licensing in Japanese.

Anyway, posted before, THIS PAGE is in English.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-15 19:06:47

Well, maybe this guy doesn't want to contact KgZ after all.
But if he DID give credit to him, and KgZ doesn't mind, maybe we can just let him be, so long as he gives credit, of course.

Youtube MySpace Facebook Guitarist, audio engineer, programmer, songwriter and voice actor. Need any of those? Message me. I enjoy collabing! <3

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-15 19:12:24

I haven't sent a letter yet because I'm talking to my father and his colleague who is involved with alot of the music and entertainment industry, to get some of his input on the matter. After that, I will send some sort of letter.

If all else fails, I'm just going to spread the word about my music being used.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-15 19:13:03

Man, it's like rape.
If you rape someone = it's wrong.

If you were lovers and you have sex = ok.

After a rape you just can't say "well, let's pretend that we were lovers and now everything it's ok... I'll even kiss you goodnight".

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-15 19:21:05

At 2/15/10 07:12 PM, KgZ wrote:

In my opinion
That's about the best course of action you could right now.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-15 19:46:34

At 2/15/10 07:13 PM, sorohanro wrote: Man, it's like rape.
If you rape someone = it's wrong.

If you were lovers and you have sex = ok.

After a rape you just can't say "well, let's pretend that we were lovers and now everything it's ok... I'll even kiss you goodnight".

That sir, was one fine-ass example.

I salute you once more.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 01:07:01

This may be relevant to your interests.
http://i.imagehost.org/0666/creditscreen .png
do not ask what I had to go through to get this screenshot

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 01:10:49

Shit the fuck.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 02:47:16

So... the videos are now private. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Was trying to check back on a reply to my post, and I am no longer allowed to view those videos.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 02:48:42

At 2/16/10 01:07 AM, Tek-Tek wrote: This may be relevant to your interests.

Ohhhhh shit!

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 02:51:05

At 2/16/10 01:10 AM, KgZ wrote: Shit the fuck.

LOL.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 03:40:06

Well, then theres nothing we can do unless the game isnt under CC

BBS Signature

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 04:21:09

At 2/16/10 03:40 AM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Well, then theres nothing we can do unless the game isnt under CC

Well if hes making $$ then it's still not legal.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 05:40:07

Just let it go man...
He did credit him after all.... right?

Please dont take this post seriously

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 05:59:55

At 2/16/10 01:07 AM, Tek-Tek wrote: This may be relevant to your interests.

ha.

ha.

ha...

HAHAHAHA..omg lulzy

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 06:29:38

At 2/16/10 05:40 AM, YouriX wrote: Just let it go man...
He did credit him after all.... right?

Please dont take this post seriously

You didn't read my post about raping, did you ?
The fact that the game is selling for 750 yen doesn't bother you at all ?

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 10:55:57

In all honestly, there's nothing you can do. It's only going to be worth hiring international lawyers (which is very expensive) if it's worth millions.

Can you tell if they credited you anywhere?

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 11:04:32

At 2/16/10 10:55 AM, nathanallenpinard wrote: Can you tell if they credited you anywhere?

Apparently he's credited in the game (there is a screen shot with the credits) and also in one of the YouTube videos (which now is set as "private" so you can't see it anymore).

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 11:11:18

At 2/16/10 11:04 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 2/16/10 10:55 AM, nathanallenpinard wrote: Can you tell if they credited you anywhere?
Apparently he's credited in the game (there is a screen shot with the credits) and also in one of the YouTube videos (which now is set as "private" so you can't see it anymore).

I see.
Hmm, well this might help you rather than hurt you. Unless he's selling a lot of copies. But I really don't know what you could do other than to ask to remove it.

750 yen = $8.30 USD

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 11:33:34

At 2/15/10 04:14 PM, arcenioxx wrote:
At 2/15/10 04:06 PM, sorohanro wrote: English description of the game, leave comments also here.
just for teh lulz
I don't think it's necessary to spam every single page related to this game with comments.
Especially not if it's for teh lulz. Isn't that a little immature?

I don't think KgZ agrees with this course of action either.

^^^^^this

do NOT spam forums/reviews/whatever with that shit, claiming you're "from newgrounds" or whatever.

newgrounds do not support this kind of behaviour, and BBS-moderators on here are in their full right to remove posting priviledges from an NG-member who instigate raids/attacks on other sites/userprofiles (on other sites) or other silly behaviour.

that being said, the right course of action would obv. first be to contact the "author" - the thief. If that doesn't help, and/or redemption isn't given, contact site admins/responcible for the game/product. if this is done, you are NOT representing newgrounds itself, remember that. However, the weapon of choise in this case is the CC-license which all audio on this site is submitted under.

At 2/15/10 07:12 PM, KgZ wrote: I haven't sent a letter yet because I'm talking to my father and his colleague who is involved with alot of the music and entertainment industry, to get some of his input on the matter. After that, I will send some sort of letter.

Good luck man, I hope this can be settled for the best! Things always gets complicated when money is involved...
"If all else fails" - I gotta say I think you have the right attitude about this, you're good people! Absolutley not saying that I think you should give up, just that I like your attitude. :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 13:30:00

At 2/16/10 11:33 AM, Rucklo wrote: "If all else fails" - I gotta say I think you have the right attitude about this, you're good people! Absolutley not saying that I think you should give up, just that I like your attitude. :)

thanks, but yeah I mean, I can't honestly sue a guy in japan. It's not worth it. And I think it's too much to get a cut of the money.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 14:50:56

You can do anything that your mind desires. Americans are known to sue people for idiotic reason, for example, my friends dad is a layer and he sued a couch company for pranking his son into laying in a bed filled of water. His phone broke, and he actually bumped his head. Dad got pissed and since he already is a layer, he sued the company and the company that pranked his son for like 133 grand, Company ran out of business and the prankster company got shut down.

So if I were you, I would call Dr. Phil or get a layer to get some money out of this guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 16:06:35

Come to think about, how would the CC be enforced?

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 16:48:14

At 2/16/10 02:50 PM, djsumara wrote: You can do anything that your mind desires. Americans are known to sue people for idiotic reason, for example, my friends dad is a layer and he sued a couch company for pranking his son into laying in a bed filled of water. His phone broke, and he actually bumped his head. Dad got pissed and since he already is a layer, he sued the company and the company that pranked his son for like 133 grand, Company ran out of business and the prankster company got shut down.

So if I were you, I would call Dr. Phil or get a layer to get some money out of this guy.

KgZ doesn't seem like the person to do that... And I think it's just plain stupid the you can sue people for anything in America... and make millions with it aswell. I could basically start eating hamburgers, and then sue MacDonalds for making me fat, and actually get money out of it...
And not just a few thousand either, I could make HALF A MILLION OR MORE. wtf, seriously.
Proof that the American law system is corrupt, and one of the reasons I love not living there.

And even if KgZ did want to get some money out of this guy, the guy probably doesn't have that much anyway.... He'd just give the guy a debt he'd never be able to pay anyway, which is retarded.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 16:56:42

"The Guy" stole his work. He deserves what's coming to him.

That being said, it's not going to happen. KgZ, I'm no lawyer, but I"m sure you will not have any chance whatsoever to sue this guy, or enforce the CC license. Why? Because the laws in his country apply, not ours. Getting international lawyers can be done, but only big companies (like Blizzard) dare do this. There are hundreds of copyright violations in other countries that bigger companies just ignore, because it's costly (millions) to do anything about it.

If the countries laws match, it's a little easier. But I think Japan has considerably different copyright laws, IF ANY.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 17:59:08

Aye. Creative Commons Copyright Infringement is a vague gray area in the legal field. I've approached a few lawyers in Toronto regarding it, the last at a Propellerheads Producers Conference where he was talking about Canadian Music Law.

I told him about how my track, Summer Solace, had apparently been used in a television commercial for a clothing store in Turkey but how it was release under a CC license. I asked him what I should do. He took a step back, spread his hands and said "Man, I don't want to touch that with a ten foot pole". Lol. He said, "Seriously, most lawyers don't even want to look at creative commons because it's almost completely contrary to the old school of copyright law. How can you protect something intended to be shared?"

So, you burgeoning law students, become pathfinders! Explore creative commons law and protect us!!! :D

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-16 19:15:08

You guys handled this really poorly. The last thing you do to get what you want is make loaded accusations such as "steal" and "take." Even worse, you spammed his Youtube videos. That puts him on the defensive and it makes it impossible for the guy to do anything you want.

You're lucky KgZ is in the credits; if he weren't, you'd have a helluva hard time getting him in now. You guys think you were helping by harassing that guy, but you were only fucking shit up.

Professionalism is not just a mannerism. It's actually a wonderful, effective, and mature way to deal with people. You guys should try it sometime!

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-17 03:27:35

well, look on the bright side: Your music is used for more then just the same old newgrounds...

BBS Signature