00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Throw The Ball Collab (continued)

24,332 Views | 401 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-17 16:08:19

:Very nice delicious flame effect I was gonna ask to do the menu but I love what you've done nice job =)
:That looks sick. Great job!

Thank you!

Oh, by the way did SteakandKidneyPie actualy get a part? Because he's taken his fla and swf of newgrounds so I can't add him =/

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-17 17:13:37

At 8/17/10 04:08 PM, fredstermaster wrote:
Very nice delicious flame effect I was gonna ask to do the menu but I love what you've done nice job =)
That looks sick. Great job!
Thank you!

Oh, by the way did SteakandKidneyPie actualy get a part? Because he's taken his fla and swf of newgrounds so I can't add him =/

well, his part was the other way arround, the ball came in through the right and left through the left, maybe after we posted that he just figured out it wasnt accepted, or maybe that the organizer already had it...

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-17 17:36:15

At 8/17/10 05:13 PM, JPB wrote:
At 8/17/10 04:08 PM, fredstermaster wrote:
Very nice delicious flame effect I was gonna ask to do the menu but I love what you've done nice job =)
That looks sick. Great job!
Thank you!

well, his part was the other way arround, the ball came in through the right and left through the left, maybe after we posted that he just figured out it wasnt accepted, or maybe that the organizer already had it...

oh yeah his was backwards, well that would kind of screw up the flow of the collab. Still, if I can get the part from him I could use it as an easter egg or something

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-18 07:16:19

Ok, I just had a quick look through the audio portal for a short loop, if anyone wants to suggest another loop we could have a vote or something :)
Also for the actual collab, what song if any should we use?

I am quite fond of this fellows upbeat 8bit electro songs http://bunnymajs.newgrounds.com/

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-18 16:39:58

At 8/18/10 07:16 AM, the1manwiththeplan wrote:
Ok, I just had a quick look through the audio portal for a short loop, if anyone wants to suggest another loop we could have a vote or something :)
Also for the actual collab, what song if any should we use?
I am quite fond of this fellows upbeat 8bit electro songs http://bunnymajs.newgrounds.com/

Some of his stuff is awesome, personal favourite: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 84253
Do you think 8bit would fit with the theme though?

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-18 18:42:37

I think 8 bit would be great actualy, atleast for the menu.

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-18 21:51:30

Wut, how did I just copy whAt Micky said? Oh well, what I wanted to say is that 8-bit should work for the menu, but we need a relaxing song for rest of the movie.

I wouldnt say relaxing, a rock song could work better in my oppinion. Not heavy metal or trash or anything, maybe something by XTC or smashing pupkins.

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-19 09:55:30

His 8bit tunes are upbeat enjoyable and simple ... Throwing a ball is an upbeat simple enjoyable process

Coincidence... I think not...

But seriously though a rock song... meh some people aren't into rock
something upbeat and exciting with a happy bouncy texture should do the trick and fit the mood =)

I recomend this eartastic 10 second loop for the menu

And something like this for the animations link

Exciting no?

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-20 10:54:12

I have one more question before I put all the fla's together; some parts have sound effects and some don't. In the last collab I was in we submitted it with a mix of with and without sound effects, and it didn't really work. SO! Do we add sound effects to every part, or remove all sound effects and let the song do the work?

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-20 12:16:21

At 8/20/10 10:54 AM, fredstermaster wrote: I have one more question before I put all the fla's together; some parts have sound effects and some don't. In the last collab I was in we submitted it with a mix of with and without sound effects, and it didn't really work. SO! Do we add sound effects to every part, or remove all sound effects and let the song do the work?

well, some sound effects are really a part of the skit (the link bomb one and mine) but some arent really that great, now, when I added mine, I even gave it a music, so I wonder how good would it work if each part had its own music (some could share different part of the same song too...) its probably not gonna work, so I dont really have a very formed opnion here, but I say add sound effects to every part...

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-20 18:49:57

Let what must be done be done.

Maybe test which way works better? Yeah, sound effects are pretty important to some of these, but if the song works REALLY well, why not?

"Please, tell my family...don't...try to catch...an arrow...with your mouth...*dies*"

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-20 23:50:53

At 8/20/10 10:54 AM, fredstermaster wrote: I have one more question before I put all the fla's together; some parts have sound effects and some don't. In the last collab I was in we submitted it with a mix of with and without sound effects, and it didn't really work. SO! Do we add sound effects to every part, or remove all sound effects and let the song do the work?

Sound effects are a good Idea but this collab is so far gone I dunno if the people who worked on it all that time ago would be up for searching for sound effects why dont you PM and ask them if they will allow you to put some sound effects in a few places for them?

May I ask what songs you are gonna use before you put all the FLAS together?

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-21 08:06:21

At 8/20/10 11:50 PM, the1manwiththeplan wrote:
Sound effects are a good Idea but this collab is so far gone I dunno if the people who worked on it all that time ago would be up for searching for sound effects why dont you PM and ask them if they will allow you to put some sound effects in a few places for them?

Well, when I sent PMs to 10 people who's fla i didn't have before, 3 replied... So I'm not gonna wait around for ages for their permission since hardly anyone check's their inbox.

I'm going to put together the collab first with no sound effects, and then we can all decide wether it would work better with them in.

May I ask what songs you are gonna use before you put all the FLAS together?

We have only one suggestion which was yours lol, so I'll try it with that and in the mean time can everyone please suggest some more songs so we can have a vote

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 06:18:28

OK! After flash being a tard and pissing me off every 5 seconds I have the first draft!
Version 1- No sound effects, CXZ (Modern 8bit) by Bunnymajs for main theme.

If anyone finds bugs, lag or anything to improve on the menu itself now would be the time to say!
I'm flooded with requests for songs after my previous post, oh, wait, no one replied -.- lol. If no one has anything else to suggest for music then I'm happy to stick with the current one.

And lastly, sound effects? What's everyone's verdict, are they needed or not?

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 06:52:38

Sorry for this disgusting language but mate, you are a fucking miracle. That is the best design for a collab I have ever seen. You deserve every penny that this collab makes. I have one thing though, the background music gets kind of annoying but that is probably just my taste.

Anyway this collab will go very good. I will make sure to not submit anything the day you submit anything if I am planning for an award. Lol.

You will be the next best thing on Newgrounds I reckon.

Do you need $10 000 in cash for a 30 second animation? Click here

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 07:33:28

At 8/25/10 06:52 AM, SteakandKidneyPie wrote: Sorry for this disgusting language but mate, you are a fucking miracle.

Thank you! Did you find your easter egg part? It wasn't very well hidden lol

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 07:42:08

At 8/25/10 06:52 AM, SteakandKidneyPie wrote: Sorry for this disgusting language but mate, you are a fucking miracle.

He is completely true, i actually wish i was a part of this now.

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 08:36:59

Dude. That rocked! Good job!

[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 10:19:55

This brought a tear to my eye :)

Thanks to everyone who participated, in all honesty every contribution to this collab made it that much better, the collab couldnt be better off. As soon as a i come back from Brazil this friday (its wensday now) Ill finish my part off, send it in and we can get this collab out, hopefully before the weekend is over.

Once again, a HUGE thank you to everyone involved.

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 10:23:03

Sorry for the double but we need someone to make a 40x40 pic for the collabs icon.

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 13:39:17

Thats amazing man! great work, I love all the details put in it! Plus the music is cool enough to make up for the lack of sound effects
I made a pic thingy too: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/3ca8 4fc53f9214caedffc50dda9f4560

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-25 15:40:12

Very nice, dude! Looks like sound effects aren't needed after all - I'm still kinda bugged that the balls are different colors, but it looks so good, it doesn't matter!

"Please, tell my family...don't...try to catch...an arrow...with your mouth...*dies*"

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-27 01:30:45

Looks outstanding very happy with the result.

Sound effects would clash with and upbeat tune such as that one methinks if the tune were a bit more laid back sound effects would fit nicer but it would probably be easier this far in just to be happy with the amazing products we've already got...

-Sir Reginald's part although amazingly animated lagged EXTREMELY on my computer
-My name can only half be seen sniff
-I would love to have a bios page with a little message from each author or something next to a pic of their actual 40x40 icon just adds nice novelty value and wouldn't take much work to put together just PM everyone asking the what they would like to say in their little message limited to 100 characters or so then just copy their icon and make little page where you can roll over the authors icon or something similar and see their message.

Just a suggestion lol but otherwise amazing work you've done an outstanding job on the menu putting everything together the concluding ball screen =)

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-27 04:23:59

At 8/26/10 10:23 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: Can i be in spot 11 ? when is it going to be submitted

Uh, sorry it's a bit late to add anyone, also SirReginald has part 11

At 8/27/10 01:30 AM, the1manwiththeplan wrote: -Sir Reginald's part although amazingly animated lagged EXTREMELY on my computer

Ok, I'll tone done the blur effects if he doesn't mind

-My name can only half be seen sniff

Strange, I made sure everyones names fitted, but I guess everyone's computers sees differently; I'll lengthen the text box

-I would love to have a bios page with a little message from each author...just PM everyone asking the what they would like to say

That's a good idea, but as I said earlier on, less than half the people I PMd before replied. If it hadn't been for a swf decompiler trial, I stlll wouldn't have a tonne of fla files. So I seriously doubt we'll get everyone to write a message unfortunately

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-27 05:07:49

Strange, I made sure everyones names fitted, but I guess everyone's computers sees differently; I'll lengthen the text box

No dont... I'm pretty sure it appeared in my system default font which means you used dynamic text boxes and didn't embedded the font in the library.

-I would love to have a bios page with a little message from each author...just PM everyone asking the what they would like to say
That's a good idea, but as I said earlier on, less than half the people I PMd before replied. If it hadn't been for a swf decompiler trial, I stlll wouldn't have a tonne of fla files. So I seriously doubt we'll get everyone to write a message unfortunately

True maybe you could just write no comment for the people who didn't reply I just reckon they're really neat and are a bit of a status symbol for collabs nowadays lol

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-27 05:51:15

At 8/27/10 05:07 AM, the1manwiththeplan wrote: No dont... I'm pretty sure it appeared in my system default font which means you used dynamic text boxes and didn't embedded the font in the library.

Ah, yes thanks I forgot about that, all fixed now

True maybe you could just write no comment for the people who didn't reply I just reckon they're really neat and are a bit of a status symbol for collabs nowadays lol

Ok, but instead of making a whole new page, I'm thinking modify the credits page to display their pic and message when your roll over their name?

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-27 05:55:43

Yes I had seen the easter egg. The collab is looking really good mate btw (Just in case you missed the last post I said.)

Do you need $10 000 in cash for a 30 second animation? Click here

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-27 07:50:52

I'm officially back in Canada guys! That means i can finish up my part and we can shove this thing out the door.

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-27 10:57:09

At 8/27/10 07:50 AM, micky315 wrote: I'm officially back in Canada guys! That means i can finish up my part and we can shove this thing out the door.

Cool!

At 8/27/10 05:51 AM, fredstermaster wrote:

modify the credits page to display their pic and message when your roll over their name?
Sort of like this.
Also the1manwiththeplan is your name fully visible now?

BBS Signature

Response to Throw The Ball Collab (continued) 2010-08-27 13:35:32

lookin good fred ;)

BBS Signature