00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What's your philosophy ?

4,895 Views | 58 Replies

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 02:23:03

At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: My philosophy is to distance myself from you stinky fucking apes as much as I can.

Get the hell of your high horse. You aren't better than the rest of us. Enjoy running from you're species.

Those who come here with hate (and if your a douchebag) leave now, for hatred will only betray you.

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 02:24:51

I believe in pacifism.
War&violence is never the answer.
Why should people die for their beliefs, when they can still fight for their beliefs, but with words?

I remember, one time, a U.S. marine told me to bring my "cowardly ways" to places that desperately need it, like the war on Iraq, and try to "talk my way" into getting suicide bombers to stop. He said they would die for their beliefs, just like I would, and they want you dead just because of the country and/or religion you come from.

If these suicide bombers were exposed to more free thought and better philosophy at a younger age, yes, it is possible to avoid having as much suicide bombers. As for our current suicide bombers, I'm afraid there is very little you can to help them. Only way possible imo is if we get people from their country who migrated over to ours to go back, our government gives them the funds to start a new city near the borders, where it won't really get attacked. They'll also secretly be under U.S. protection from attackers.

Once Iraq's people sees that there are people who exist whom follow their same religion, but don't have to die for their beliefs, they'll follow suit. Why settle for less?

These are just some concepts and ideas I came up with on the spot. I don't believe anyone should have to die for their beliefs.

Another thing is that he said I wouldn't fight back if my family was being robbed.
Not true, there are ways to fight off robbers WITHOUT doing too much bodily harm. Such is why passive fighting techniques in karate that disarm the opponent, not kill. Or at the very least, doing some bodily damage that results in the opponent unable to move, but nothing cruel.

Another way to help out Iraq from being so corrupted is if every country chipped in and tried to educate their children in non-brainwashing ways... However very little can be done.

My ultimate dream is if all our money we put into weaponry like the Ak-103 would be instead put into passive ways of disarming your opponent without hurting them.

i.e. tazers.

In sci fi movies, I've seen guns that shoot quick-solidifying gelatin that would render the opponent unable to move. This properly disarms him without hurting him.

Just my $.02.

Hairo.

Discord:

Haizakokaru#0449

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 02:34:30

My Philosophy on it all is that we have no true reason to live other then for our species to survive. Humans make up other reason to live to make them feel important, or not worthless. We use religion to make us feel like we are something bigger then we could ever dream of. But at the same times what we do are all reflected from are needs. We try to act like there is evil in the world when really others just don't, or isn't willing, to understand someone else. We use what we learn in life to try to make our lives better, but always seem to make them worse. We hate to suffer and try everything to avoid it. But without suffering no one would be happy because to love, to be happy, to be truly happy, you must understand what it like to have nothing but pain with no way out.

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 02:43:09

Question and test everything non-cynically, but out of human curiosity

I'm reading Atlas Shrugged currently and Objectivism has me kind of wondering. Should we accept things as they are and not go into skepticism, or does it just mean do not question reality?

Right behind you

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 03:05:54

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,

And the world makes you King for a day,

Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,

And see what that guy has to say.

For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,

Who judgement upon you must pass.

The feller whose verdict counts most in your life

Is the guy staring back from the glass.

He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,

For he's with you clear up to the end,

And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test

If the guy in the glass is your friend.

You may be like jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,

And think you're a wonderful guy,

But the man in the glass says you're only a bum

If you can't look him straight in the eye.

You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,

And get pats on the back as you pass,

But your final reward will be heartaches and tears

If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 03:48:40

At 1/28/10 12:53 AM, Bolo wrote:
I write for a living. There is nothing grammatically wrong with anything I've written, and if anyone on this forum is even going to consider blah blah blah

I don't recall saying your post was grammatically incorrect.

The true definition of arrogance is realizing that humanity has potential to become a better species, but ignoring it, and engaging in acts of malignancy that tear down the work of those before you, instead of building upon it.

Arrogance: overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors

Stop creating your own definitions.

The rest aren't worth replying to since you're still busy gazing at your navel

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 04:21:12

At 1/27/10 01:11 AM, Kokojo wrote: Power is everything that can profile you as superior, or given more authority to someone else ; Knowledge, psysical power, manipulation level, place in society, age...

You realize, given that list, you can define anything as power, as anything can arbitrarily be defined as virtuous - and therefore anything can be used to claim authority or subservience.

Love is the abstract, the cause of religious belief, the inexplicable, those who believe in true choice (as if, even by knowing the very nature of the brain, we could not accurately predict the choice of an individual) and over-natural love are often very ported in there.

Funny thing about words is that they have definitions. You are not talking about love.

Revenge is the frustration

No. Revenge is an act motivated by frustration.

You know. This is an interesting exercise. See... anyone can do philosophy. You just have to decide words don't mean what they mean anymore, and then you're free to attribute whatever the hell you want to them.

I realize English is your second language. But your words are so ridiculously inaccurate.

Those 3 rule the existance of human life as every thought action reveal of these, and not often are they crossing their paths.

I would think the cross very often.

I beleive the world is actually shit because of the lack of social unity ; what we would need Is an emerging leader promoting the humans - not Canada, USA, France, no, the whole human race as a whole,

But not all humans are worth promoting.

seeking to come in peace with the natural cycles,

What are natural cycles?

what we are capable of.

What are we capable of?

A good world for me would be a world where people are not lying to themselves

Dishonesty is an inherent part of the human psyche.

where the gouvernements are not corrupt

And where people wash their hands after going to the bathroom. Yes, there is something very similar about corrupt politicians and people who don't wash their hands after grappling with their naughty areas.

and where nature is respected and worked on.

Why does nature need to be respected?

Enjoy the picture. It is my philosophy in viewable form.

What's your philosophy ?

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 04:41:39

At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: We can't grasp the fact that there is no god.

Who are you to say?

Dumbass.

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 05:02:27

My Philosophy is simple where it aught to be, laid aground and far from me.
For it's not there to show what I want to see but to hide the truths that matter most to me.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 05:12:22

At 1/28/10 05:02 AM, Minion777 wrote: My Philosophy is simple where it aught to be, laid aground and far from me.
For it's not there to show what I want to see but to hide the truths that matter most to me.

That fucking rocked.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 19:51:59

At 1/28/10 03:48 AM, DzGuy wrote: I don't recall saying your post was grammatically incorrect.

You specifically stated that it was a "wall of text," an assertion which I dismantled, thoroughly, and which implied by the very ungrammatical nature of such a structure that my post was subpar, while clearly it was not. The implications of things you say, you will learn as you get older, are more extensive and reveal a larger network of thought than you consciously feel yourself pouring into them.

Arrogance: overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors
Stop creating your own definitions.
The rest aren't worth replying to since you're still busy gazing at your navel

Have you never heard of contextual definitions before? In your particular instance, I stated that by casting aspersions to the effect that I was acting in an "arrogant" manner, you were at the same time engaging in hypocrisy of the highest order, because your own actions reveal an ambivalent and casual employment of arrogance to a degree significantly higher than I have seen in quite some time. Your actions veritably melt into a self-generated pool of arrogance, believing that your own ridiculous anti-social philosophy which continually degrades mankind's state of being is an acceptable contribution to that canon of history, rather than the direct cause of regression.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 20:14:10

My philosophy is based on the thought of good and evil not existing.

Why? The concept of good and evil only apply in story books, where someone is truly evil, and someone is truly good. In reality, everything is grey, it has both causes and both effects. I believe that for every happy person tehre is an unhappy person. A balance of emotion if you will. Therefor for the world to be equall everyone must have equall power over others and equall just about everything. Its almost like combining the ideals of communism (THE IDEALS...) and the peace promised by almost every other style of government.

In politics, i believe the world should be split into billions of tiny counties. The smaller they are, the harder it is to "war". Sure you can fight, maybe with up to 1,000 people, but never truly a war. And with less power to manage, life becomes simpler. No more ambitions, and no more lust for power. A simple life. Not a boring one, however! All the counties can be connected by the internet.

All in all though this will never happen. Man was created (and by man i do mean men and women, i apologise if this offends anyone) with a seed of ambition, and as long as man exists jealousy and lust will corrupt him, no matter where he is or what cercumstance hes in. Therefor there is realy no point in trying to FIX mankind, because you cant.

I also believe enjoyment should be liberal! Whatever you do to enjoy yourself, thats fine with me. To be honest, its none of my business how you have fun, unless its at the expense of others. To me leisure is as much a human right as the right to speach, and press. Stress forces other people's ideals into your own head, and just overall push you into things. Just sit back and relax, man. Mellow out x]

Of course only a few people will be able to experience true mental and physical peace through relaxation. Some just cant overcome their ambitions. that is ok as well, they cant help it. Just try to stear your goals for the betterment of mankind! I say mankind, i dont mean just america, or just china, ect, i mean focus on making mankind as a whole better. Society today focuses on getting up the capitolist latter, and if your friend is above you, then he can go fuck himself, you want his position. But this can only lead to a life of misery and toil. :/ of course again, there is not much that can be done here.

All in all the world will never drasticaly change for the better, nor will it change for the worse. Sure it seems things are worse now, but thats only becaause its under a media magnifyer. Mankind cant stop progressing, its not taking steps backwards, your just realising humans faults for once.

So:

1. Relax. Being stressed wont help anyone
2. Keep a balanced life! if you focus on any one thing, you will never be whole
3. You are your brother's keeper. Remember that we all have distant distant ancestors in common, and we are all the same species. Forget country allegiances and bullshit. That only pins us against eachother. A great man once said " a house divided amongst itself cannot stand ". well, the earth is like one big house, and the people are divided. Come together as a whole, split the power (not the same as being divided, the goal is to create peace by denying anyone too much power)
4. Death isnt the end all be all. People sometimes think life is pointless, but in truth people are here to leave their mark on other people, and be reborn later. (Im not religious, i just dont believe that we die and rot.)

There are some of my basic philosophies

Squat

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 20:20:40

At 1/28/10 07:51 PM, Bolo wrote:

itt:

What's your philosophy ?

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 22:50:49

At 1/28/10 07:51 PM, Bolo wrote: You specifically stated that it was a "wall of text," an assertion which I dismantled, thoroughly

Not really. It still was a wall of text. Besides that I never said anything was grammatically wrong.

Have you never heard of contextual definitions before? In your particular instance, I stated that by casting aspersions to the effect that I was acting in an "arrogant" manner

Here's the difference. I give a simple 3 or 4 sentence reply and then you give me an entire essay about how wrong I am. It's kind of funny. If you really believe that's "arrogance to a degree significantly higher than I have seen in quite some time" then I suggest you expand your worldview. I would also say "look in the mirror" but then realized how cliche it sounds. So I decide not to. Still, it has some truth to it I think. Don't mind the useless sentences. I'm trying to type really long like you.

At 1/28/10 08:20 PM, Jamoke wrote: itt:

I admit you're right but shhhh. I'm not finished yet.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 22:53:22

I don't have a distinct philosophy, Just kinda a common sense policy. You have to love. My friends philosophy is "Not my life not my problem, thats what i say."

IRC : 36in

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 22:55:32

At 1/27/10 01:17 AM, FoAngel wrote:
At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: My philosophy is to distance myself from you stinky fucking apes as much as I can.
Are you one of those people that got depressed after watching Avatar?

I actual-lol'd at this.

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 23:01:45

Hard determinism has always fascinated me. In that there is no free will, any choice we make is caused by predetermined chemical reactions. We're not really alive, we can't really think, we don't really exist as sentient beings. We're just a chemical reaction that causes various matters in the universe to organize. Life is an illusion.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-29 00:47:54

At 1/28/10 02:43 AM, Peacekid wrote: Question and test everything non-cynically, but out of human curiosity

I'm reading Atlas Shrugged currently and Objectivism has me kind of wondering. Should we accept things as they are and not go into skepticism, or does it just mean do not question reality?

Ewwwww, Ayn Rand. I hope you are not taking that dead, horse-faced and bitter bitch seriously.

Excuse the ad hominem it's common in Western Philosophy.

Anyway, my personal philosophy. Well, it's definitely in the realm of atheistic-existentialism. Nietzsche and Stirner being my favourites in that regard, infact I am reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche. Though, I also have a very favourable opinion of science. Thanks to Carl Sagan who I add into influence my current philosophy.

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-29 01:14:11

My philosophy is to try and not find a philosophy, because why the fuck would I want to live by some generalized paragraph that attempts to explain my perception of the world. I mean the only reason you would really want to have your own "philosophy" is so you have a nice oral presentation ready for the next person you wanna selfishly dump your views upon and show off your huge Philosophy Penis which is already reserved for stupid college students in social science anyway.

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-02-02 01:39:46

At 1/28/10 10:50 PM, DzGuy wrote:
At 1/28/10 07:51 PM, Bolo wrote: You specifically stated that it was a "wall of text," an assertion which I dismantled, thoroughly
Not really. It still was a wall of text. Besides that I never said anything was grammatically wrong.

No, DzGuy. It was not a wall of text. Let me reiterate: "My post was maybe 9-10 lines of text. A wall of text is an unbroken string of verbiage that should be broken into three or four paragraphs to make it less difficult on the eyes. There are literally thousands of posts on the BBS that could qualify as an eyestrain, but my paragraph is definitely not one of them -- safely within the normal limits, and I can say with certainty that reading it is no more difficult than reading any other average-length paragraph, here. My skepticism of people increases exponentially based on the number of buzzwords they throw around without knowing the proper definitions of them."

Here's the difference. I give a simple 3 or 4 sentence reply and then you give me an entire essay about how wrong I am. It's kind of funny. If you really believe that's "arrogance to a degree significantly higher than I have seen in quite some time" then I suggest you expand your worldview. I would also say "look in the mirror" but then realized how cliche it sounds. So I decide not to. Still, it has some truth to it I think. Don't mind the useless sentences. I'm trying to type really long like you.

Why would you type at length if you have nothing to say? That defeats the purpose. Everything I say has purpose, which is precisely why I say it in the first place. I take it from your lack of feedback that you've seen the error of your ways in terms of the definition of "contextual definitions," which I'm glad to see, as it highlights a certain resignation in the face of fact that we all must come to grips with at some point. I dislike people who are arrogant in regards to humanity as a whole. In regards to individuals, the smaller scale mitigates the impact of such an attitude on the surrounding environment to almost nonexistence, and thus it is irrelevant and a personal choice rather than a moral imperative either for or against it.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-02-02 01:48:58

I'm a nihilist. I don't believe anything exists. I don't even believe I exist.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-02-02 07:47:42

My philosophy is different, I see things in a different manner then most, I believe in both creation, and evolution, I believe in god, but not "God". I believe in both science, and spiritual forces.

I see this physical realm as a reflection of life, not "life" I see the body as a mere puppet made of organic matter, not life.

I see life as the spirit, (not soul) because it is the part of us that connects us to every living thing in the universe, thus in a sense Life was created be "god" or the central sun.

Mind builds upon that, though thinking and making impact "god", thus your mind constructs , this is both good, but bad when out of control.

I see the body as a reflection, a mirror of our choices and actions, all disease are items in the mirror, the body can evolve, and change so evolution is also true.

I believe in both destiny and freewill, I believed that all things you experience are planned and set by you at birth, you deiced on the basis how much and what you'll learn, that is destiny, but you have the freewill weather to learn or not.

I believe that the universe's foundation is the spirit, that reflects itself though science, math and many other things., think of it as a chessboard, we can learn the rules by observing the game, but there is also a force behind it.

I see the reason for evil is self/ignorance the reason I typed it as Self/ignorance is which made which? our ignorance create division, or did a overly personal consciousness create ignorance.
thus there is no real evil, only ignorance and self.

I don't really feel like going into detail.

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-02-02 07:58:30

Humans are beings so diverse and complex, that you can hate one and find one the greatest thing on earth.

We are what we are perceived to be, if everybody hates you, and you say something, regardless of how clever or amusing, it is rejected. If you are well respected and all around loved, whatever you have to say, regardless of how inane and mindless, will be applauded like Robert fucking Plant.

Sex is the center of everything in life, everything is driven by sex, we tend to like good looking people more than the ugly, want to be with the more good looking people, and find the concept of being in the same house for a night with someone who is your friend but not good looking less appealing than being with someone you're only acquainted to but is hot. Regardless of gender or sexual preference. That's how shit rolls.

People tend to befriend people with similar intellect, culture and learning, obviously. Probably because people who find themselves inferior subconsciously get drawn to their betters in hopes that they'll one day achieve something like that, or because people enjoy intelligent discussion. So opposites attract never is true. Never.

Shit like that. Shit that everybody knows about.

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-02-02 08:00:46

At 1/27/10 02:46 AM, DzGuy wrote: Had fun with the thesaurus?

You're saying he was using big words?

What!

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-02-02 10:54:22

My philosophy is that you should never judge people and should realize that God has a special plan for all of us and we are here for a reason and we should learn to appreciate how unique we are. With this philosophy, I have learned to take all the things in the world in stride and realize that there will always be hope in the bleakest of instances.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-03-12 00:17:16

At 2/2/10 01:39 AM, Bolo wrote: more wall of text

Wow I didn't know you actually replied. Well good luck with trying to save the world. I'm sure putting yourself on a pedestal and writing meaningless walls of text will touch the lives of many.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-03-12 03:46:50

Ok, I'll give you a condensed version, as it is 40 degrees around here and I can not be fucked thinking too hard...

Humans are the result of a freak accident in an infinite and immortal universe, so large that anything we do on planet earth, or even in our entire galaxy, will have little to no effect on the grand scale.

Human nature can be summed up in one word; survival. We do EVERYTHING we do to survive. We see, in a primal sense, being remembered and respected as surviving beyond death, and through this, coupled with our intelligence, created society as we know it today.

Society is fucked beyond repair, but that doesn't matter so much, as I said, we don't really matter.
Life is pointless as we are all going to die one day, so how can ANYTHING be of any importance in your life, including other people.

Homophobes should go burn in hell; homosexuality is not a disease or condition, it is a choice. I have a bi-sexual cousin, and until I found out he was going out with a guy, I never would of guessed he was gay.

Religion is also a choice, but it is YOUR choice, so piss off and leave me alone.

Censorship is wrong; no one is forcing you to watch it. You don't like it? Walk away.

Racists can also burn in hell.

I am a fatalist. I.E. I do not believe in free will, I believe that every action is determined by previous actions. But to converse with others and push points, I assume freewill exists.

I think that covers everything... I'll post again if I think of anything else.

And thus defy, the tyrannous stars...

(P.S. Ignore the mail watermark for now, I'll be removing it soon!)

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-03-12 07:55:45

Three.

I don't believe.

BBS Signature

Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-03-12 08:21:39

eat, drink, game.

the gamer's philosophy

inb4 shitstorm

BBS Signature