00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Weird Computer Problem

536 Views | 1 Reply

Weird Computer Problem 2010-01-24 16:51:49

Lately my laptop has been going into a weird sleep mode type state. It basically shuts down randomly, but the laptop is still actually On, with the power button and the charging button still lit up. If I try to hold the power button down it won't turn off, no keys do anything either.

I thought it might have been overheating, as my last laptop had that problem, so I cleaned out the fan, my cooler, and everything else but that hasn't helped. I ran a virus scan and I found a trojan, and I thought that would have stopped the shutting down thing but it didn't.

Anybody face this problem or a similar one before? Any ideas of what the problem might actually be or how I can fix it?

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Weird Computer Problem 2010-01-24 16:55:55

I was about to say overheating. With my laptop, it gets moody when it gets too hot, and it only gets too hot when its on my lap or on a soft surface. I've found that I need to either use it on a desk or... I've found a perfect sized hard covered book that I put under it. Or get one of those overpriced plastic laptop table things.

I love you all .. Hug <3

BBS Signature