00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The weekly tops discussion thread

106,262 Views | 914 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-04-27 05:47:03

Oh shit.

Could you please only update it for me if it's past 12 pm ng time? That'd indicate I forgot. Usually I do it first thing when I turn my pc on lol. I must've confused your post with the one you made on the previous page or something.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-04-27 06:14:13

At 4/27/11 05:47 AM, Mich wrote: Oh shit.

Could you please only update it for me if it's past 12 pm ng time? That'd indicate I forgot. Usually I do it first thing when I turn my pc on lol. I must've confused your post with the one you made on the previous page or something.

Alright, will do.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-04-27 12:59:21

Listening to the first one, it's been a while we've had quality trance in the top :O
So yay!

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-04-27 22:33:23

yay i made top 5 :D. seems like newgrounders arent digging my song too much lol. seeing that i have the fewest amount of downloads. but it's not really bothering me :P just glad my music is in the spotlight so i can change a few people's lives.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-04-28 00:30:49

At 4/27/11 10:33 PM, MrFijiWiji wrote: just glad my music is in the spotlight so i can change a few people's lives.

chuck norris cried when he heard your song, cancer was cured. millions were saved. you became the king of the world. the power corrupted you. chuck norris destroyed you. the week ended and the list updated. you were 0-bombed.

thus ends a week in the life of mrfijiwiji

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-04-28 14:27:46

chuck norris cried when he heard your song, cancer was cured. millions were saved. you became the king of the world. the power corrupted you. chuck norris destroyed you. the week ended and the list updated. you were 0-bombed.

thus ends a week in the life of mrfijiwiji

story of my life bud

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-04-29 04:18:16

heres wut i think

1-green plums

Decent trance, a bit generic but not too shabby. also a tad repetitive.

2 - cynic vs madflex

i don't like hiphop so i didn't listen to this one. no comment.

3 - complexities

i do like the beat, nice and slow, though i felt the voice clips didn't really fit

4 - juggernaut

excellent buildup, the main tune was a bit underwhelming though, i wish he would have used something different for the wobble

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 12:17:29

All songs except #4 are pretty crappy imo.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 14:36:01

At 5/4/11 12:17 PM, SBB wrote: All songs except #4 are pretty crappy imo.

D:

Anyways im more surprised that my alt(blackzilver) got on the tops. I hardly or never use that account.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 15:25:15

At 5/4/11 02:51 PM, Chronamut wrote:
lol.. poor YouriX..

guy had to endure me coming with a negative comment after getting 2 top 5 spots... it is a cruel world we live in

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 15:55:46

At 5/4/11 03:25 PM, SBB wrote:
At 5/4/11 02:51 PM, Chronamut wrote:
lol.. poor YouriX..
guy had to endure me coming with a negative comment after getting 2 top 5 spots... it is a cruel world we live in

Clearly, there is no justice in this world :,(

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 16:02:43

At 5/4/11 12:06 PM, Mich wrote: #1
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 16555

Sounded like a dying turd; I think my ears died a little. How could anything in this week's Top 5 sound worse...?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 17337

...I stand corrected. The people who voted for this must have either been retarded or high -- I highly doubt a majority of the 66 voters were high.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 16921

Fuck. My ears just committed suicide. I'm sorry, but thissounds like Osama bin Laden tried to write a song whilst he was getting shot by US forces.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 17046

This one's actually good compared to the others. Which isn't really saying much.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 17187

What is this I don't even...

All in all... well, actually that's about the usual quality of the Top 5, sadly.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 16:19:02

Wow, even though you guys didnt like it. I honestly do enjoy my own two songs. And im also pretty sure there not crap. Not saying there the best songs, but you cant call them shitty either.

I uploaded these songs outside of the AudioPortal and got some good responces. So if you dislike it. Be more spicific and mature about it.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 16:24:24

At 5/4/11 04:19 PM, YouriX wrote:
I uploaded these songs outside of the AudioPortal and got some good responces. So if you dislike it. Be more spicific and mature about it.

I dislike it.

You want to know why?

It's amateur drum'n'bass.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 16:40:05

At 5/4/11 04:24 PM, wildekeizer wrote: I dislike it.

You want to know why?

This says completly nothing. I have improved alot since i last came here. I learned alot all by myself even though i never went to a music or sound engineer school.
Also im tired of you guys always talking down to me like this. Im done here.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 16:44:50

At 5/4/11 04:40 PM, YouriX wrote: This says completly nothing. I have improved alot since i last came here. I learned alot all by myself even though i never went to a music or sound engineer school.
Also im tired of you guys always talking down to me like this. Im done here.

I'll review your tracks, don't worry im not gonna take you down, i always take in mind the effort that people puts on their music.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 16:53:45

At 5/4/11 04:40 PM, YouriX wrote:

This says completly nothing. I have improved alot since i last came here. I learned alot all by myself even though i never went to a music or sound engineer school.

Well, it looks like you have more room for improvement then. Stop relying on the average listener for tips. Maybe that is why you are so deluded.

I also learned a lot myself and I haven't gone to a music school. Not all of us who have higher standards goes to a music based school.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 16:59:34

At 5/4/11 04:40 PM, YouriX wrote: Also im tired of you guys always talking down to me like this. Im done here.

Of course I'll explain why I don't like it in a specific and mature manner if I review it someday... but for now I'm just voicing my opinion on the top 5 in this thread. It's not talking down to you as a person. I think wildekeizer is being a bit of a dick though :D

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 17:00:43

At 5/4/11 04:24 PM, wildekeizer wrote:
I dislike it.

You want to know why?

Going out of your way to insult someone? Mature.

About 2% of the stuff on the top deserves to be there, and theres been WAY crappier shit on there before.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 17:02:51

At 5/4/11 05:00 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 5/4/11 04:24 PM, wildekeizer wrote:
I dislike it.

You want to know why?

Going out of your way to insult someone? Mature.

I am not insulting anyone. I am just calling his song amateur. Nothing wrong with that, after all it is just my opinion.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 17:04:35

At 5/4/11 04:40 PM, YouriX wrote: Also im tired of you guys always talking down to me like this. Im done here.

Maybe you should take negative responses seriously instead of thinking that everyone is talking you down.

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 17:48:00

At 5/4/11 05:04 PM, FairSquare wrote:
Maybe you should take negative responses seriously instead of thinking that everyone is talking you down.

This.

And music is incredibly subjective. Just because three or four of us said "Wow this sucks" doesn't instantaneously turn our opinion into fact. Obviously your track doesn't "suck" that much, otherwise it wouldn't have voted it into the Weekly Top 5.

Considering how butthurt you got over three people saying "I don't like your music," well all I can say is that I hope that you're not planning a career in music, because 99/100 demo tracks you send will be rejected.

Suck it up. Don't bitch about it. Keep writing music, keep practicing, and you'll keep getting better. And maybe take some theory lessons -- having a basic understanding of the 'rules' of music will help you improve tremendously.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 17:49:43

At 5/4/11 05:02 PM, wildekeizer wrote:
I am not insulting anyone. I am just calling his song amateur. Nothing wrong with that, after all it is just my opinion.

You came off as condescending, and just about everyone on this site is amateur lol... including you.

Also that you got top 5 on your first song on your new account is rather annoying tbh, wish i was that lucky.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 18:13:42

Guys, people have opinions, and they have the right to state them, which is basically what this thread is for. If you are offended by those opinions, then maybe you should realize that it is impossible to please everyone all the time. Either you take what offended you initially as criticism and try to work from it, or you simply disregard it and move on with your life.

As for the offenders/criticizers: It's obviously okay and encouraged to state your opinion, but if you notice you're actually offending someone with it, either just back off or reword your criticism in a way that may actually be helpful to the person/work your criticizing.

One may not like another's general attitude, but the fact of the matter is that we're all on one forum, and we'll have to "live" with each other. If you can't stand someone, avoid them, but don't go fuel the flames, as that just leads to bickering, which as we all know is bullshit that leads to nothing positive in the slightest. The only thing you may think you achieve is that you "owned" someone on the internet. The community as a whole however, takes another stab due to the negativity brought with it.

In conclusion, please just use this topic to state your opinions on the current tops, if they are negative, don't be a dick about it, and from the other side, don't whine about it.

Also note that I'm just suggesting things that seem like methods to make things work here, not intended as backseat modding of any sort.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 18:25:58

out of this week's Top 5, I have come to like Verano Del Amor. And I agree with Mich, we must do away with such negativity. Let us all live together as one big dysfunctional family.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 18:59:13

At 5/4/11 06:13 PM, Mich wrote: In conclusion, please just use this topic to state your opinions on the current tops, if they are negative, don't be a dick about it, and from the other side, don't whine about it.

Sorry, acting like a stuck up elitist on forums is my life goal.

Just kidding :P, but i will point out when stuck up elitists go out of their way to be stuck up elitists.

It fuels my rage tank indeed.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 18:59:24

At 5/4/11 05:49 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 5/4/11 05:02 PM, wildekeizer wrote:
You came off as condescending, and just about everyone on this site is amateur lol... including you.

I can agree with that.

Also that you got top 5 on your first song on your new account is rather annoying tbh, wish i was that lucky.

I thought I wasn't going to get on it. Today is my lucky day, I guess.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 19:17:29

Okay, now im cooled off now. So now i can type without saying something that i might regret later.

The things is i am complitly aware that i will get some people who will dislike my music. I dont expect everybody to like it. So this is not new to me.

The problem i have is the way people do it. Yes, i know you dont like my song but that doesnt give you the right to be a dick about it. And no im not mad at SSB.

For example Acid-Paradox gave a very good review on how to improve my song. These are reviews i am more then willing to read since these give me more insight to my song and helps me improve in my music production.

Do i plan a music career? No, i have always said that i will continue this as hobby and that i will keep my music free for everybody to enjoy. There are 168 people and rising who added me as there favourite musician. This means that im doing something right.

Also im tired of people labeling me as some arrogant jerk, even though im actually very insecure in real life. Now im not extremly insicure. But still that gets me on my nerve everytime someone points that out.

Good, now i feel better getting all that out. Let us just move on now ;)

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2011-05-04 20:02:27

At 5/4/11 07:17 PM, YouriX wrote:

The problem i have is the way people do it. Yes, i know you dont like my song but that doesnt give you the right to be a dick about it. And no im not mad at SSB.

I was not being a dick. I just thought your song sounded amateur to me. If I were to actually give you a review of why I think it is amateur then I would leave you a review, but I do not have time for that right now. I may do so after this weekend.