00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KokoroHatsaru just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig

8,351 Views | 115 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-01 18:49:59

Since I now know whom I will be performing for, I can now officially say....... that I am screwed... I will never be able to live this down... Everytime I see my giftee in the AF, I will just die of shame... Oh, no...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-01 19:12:14

out of curiosity.. are we matched in pairs or is it completely random? (is person A assigned to person B and person B to person A or is Person A assigned to person B and Person B is assigned to person C)?

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-01 19:18:17

At 11/1/09 07:12 PM, krssvr wrote: out of curiosity.. are we matched in pairs or is it completely random? (is person A assigned to person B and person B to person A or is Person A assigned to person B and Person B is assigned to person C)?

Read the first post!

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-01 19:30:37

At 10/24/09 11:55 AM, Stupor wrote:
(For example, if three people join, Person A will do Person B, Person B will do Person C, and Person C will do Person A.)

ZOMG XD i'm sorry

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-03 10:23:52

Man, this is harder than I thought it would be :(. I'm still halfway through my own song and am completely out of ideas. Not to mention that I have to think up a decent ending for the song and I've still got the humanizing and EQing to do :'(. Even though the deadline is so far away, it strangely feels so close now that I know that I'm probably going to disappoint my giftee. D:

Why didn't I get a giftee who liked dance or classical/hip hop? WHY???????

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!! *Stamps away to a corner and sulks*

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-03 12:44:46

At 11/3/09 10:23 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Man, this is harder than I thought it would be :(. I'm still halfway through my own song and am completely out of ideas. Not to mention that I have to think up a decent ending for the song and I've still got the humanizing and EQing to do :'(. Even though the deadline is so far away, it strangely feels so close now that I know that I'm probably going to disappoint my giftee. D:

Why didn't I get a giftee who liked dance or classical/hip hop? WHY???????

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!! *Stamps away to a corner and sulks*

Lol, don't worry, i'm guessing a lot of us are having to go out of our norm to make songs for peoples. Hell I'm going to have to attempt some sort of electronic music or something xD

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-05 14:58:37

At 11/3/09 12:44 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
Lol, don't worry, i'm guessing a lot of us are having to go out of our norm to make songs for peoples. Hell I'm going to have to attempt some sort of electronic music or something xD

Exactly. A lot of us are out of our element, but that was a risk you ran when you signed up. I typically only produce dnb. Guess what genre I'm not doing?

Now, it would probably be wise for us all to stop complaining before someone works out a flow chart of who's doing who.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-08 23:45:35

Welp, I'm done with my song and I'm actually really proud of it despite the genre not being something I'm used to producing. Maybe I'll make two songs for my giftee :P

quarl BandCamp

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-09 10:29:50

At 11/8/09 11:45 PM, Quarl wrote: Welp, I'm done with my song and I'm actually really proud of it despite the genre not being something I'm used to producing.

Same here. I managed to think of a nice arpeggio-ish ending, and it actually turned out as one of my best songs up to date (although trust me, that's not that good...). All that's left is a little more EQing, some humanizing, and it might be worthy to be called a 'song'.

Maybe I'll make two songs for my giftee :P

My giftee definitely wouldn't want two songs from me. One ear splitter is already enough :P.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-11 22:36:15

hey i'm done! is there any place in particular we are supposed to upload that isn't newgrounds??

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-12 10:09:53

At 11/11/09 10:36 PM, krssvr wrote: hey i'm done! is there any place in particular we are supposed to upload that isn't newgrounds??

I'll answer this one :)...

You upload it to a file-hosting website such as spamtheweb or filefactory or something, and then you PM Stupor with the link.

I wonder if by any chance I'm your giftee :3.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-19 07:39:16

At 11/12/09 10:09 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 11/11/09 10:36 PM, krssvr wrote: hey i'm done! is there any place in particular we are supposed to upload that isn't newgrounds??
I'll answer this one :)...

You upload it to a file-hosting website such as spamtheweb or filefactory or something, and then you PM Stupor with the link.

Hey hey hey, shame on thou, thine art s'pose to figure out thine owns person!
(Translation:Bitch please!)
((Translated Translation: Come on dude don't go tryin to be sneaky and trying to figure out who your person is lol))

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-19 19:49:33

I know it's too late to join... =[.

But =D !

STUPOR! No one is making you a song? How unspirited of us. Could we other people make you a song? It would only be kind to join and make you one.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-20 03:07:54

At 11/19/09 07:49 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote: I know it's too late to join... =[.

But =D !

STUPOR! No one is making you a song? How unspirited of us. Could we other people make you a song? It would only be kind to join and make you one.

You should totally do that. :D

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-20 03:13:18

Oh god time to start this shizzam. I'm so sorry receivee.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-11-20 17:45:20

Hey MMPA, thanks for offering but I don't need one. Instead, be on deck this Christmas because there's a chance that at least one person will miss the deadline, leaving a member giftless. If that's the case, it'll be up to you to make a great song for them to cheer them up!

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-07 15:26:21

Oh shnaps, hows everyone doing on this?

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-07 15:29:47

At 12/7/09 03:26 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Oh shnaps, hows everyone doing on this?

honestly i haven't started. But I will presently

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-07 15:32:12

At 12/7/09 03:26 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Oh shnaps, hows everyone doing on this?

Fine ^^. I just can't think of darn ending for the song. I make an ending, and then I say 'hey, this is rather good!' and I save and close the FLP. Then, the next day, I hear it again, and I say 'wait, that doesn't sound right...' and I start all over again. Also, my speakers are weird: whenever I hear the song with my speakers, it sounds fine, and when I hear it with headphones, all I can hear are drums...

Other than those two small problems, the song's practically ready ^^.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-07 15:41:55

At 12/7/09 03:32 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Other than those two small problems, the song's practically ready ^^.

I think my giftee is gonna have to settle for the song I think I'm going to end up writing, which I don't think will quite match his request.

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-08 04:24:36

At 12/7/09 03:41 PM, loansindi wrote: I think my giftee is gonna have to settle for the song I think I'm going to end up writing, which I don't think will quite match his request.

LOLETH I hast broketh Kirbyfemur's commandment XD XD XD XD.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-08 08:12:30

At 12/8/09 04:24 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 12/7/09 03:41 PM, loansindi wrote: I think my giftee is gonna have to settle for the song I think I'm going to end up writing, which I don't think will quite match his request.

LOLETH I hast broketh Kirbyfemur's commandment XD XD XD XD.

Oh no you di'n'teth! I shall smiteth thee with a squeaky hammer and a sock full of old fruitcake!! D:<

:lol

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-08 10:22:37

At 12/8/09 08:12 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Oh no you di'n'teth! I shall smiteth thee with a squeaky hammer

OH NOEZ. TEH SQUEAKY HAMMER!!!

and a sock full of old fruitcake!! D:<

Reminds me of my christmas stocking :D.

lol

Haha, you fail'd :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-08 11:10:13

At 12/8/09 10:22 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 12/8/09 08:12 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Oh no you di'n'teth! I shall smiteth thee with a squeaky hammer
OH NOEZ. TEH SQUEAKY HAMMER!!!

and a sock full of old fruitcake!! D:<
Reminds me of my christmas stocking :D.

lol
Haha, you fail'd :P.

Haha SHUSH!!!! -pouts and throws a bunch of Colons and semicolons at everyone else but myself-

(On another note. Hope i'll be able to get the song done lol)

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-12 02:51:51

Just bumping this thread to remind any slouches that haven't been working to get to it. The deadlines approaching and people want music :O

quarl BandCamp

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-15 06:42:19

Hey guys, just a reminder that the songs are due on Dec. 23, two days before Christmas. 'Tis all.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-18 01:51:31

Hey stups. I'm curious. How many people have finished this thing? It'd be really cool to have this work out on christmas :3

quarl BandCamp

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-18 10:08:53

^^

I've finished, Stupor, have you recieved my PM? oO

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-21 15:02:32

ALL SONGS DUE WEDNESDAY!!!
DON'T BE LATE!!!

And here are the people I've recieved links from:

loansindi
statueofdiveo
Unrl
krssvr
mikkim
Darklight17
Quarl
Supersteph54

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Response to Newgrounds Audio Secret Santa - Sig 2009-12-21 16:53:06

At 12/21/09 03:02 PM, Stupor wrote: loansindi
statueofdiveo
Unrl
krssvr
mikkim
Darklight17
Quarl

I wonder if I'm the giftee of any of these :3.

(Sorry Kirbyfemur. Couldn't resist :P)

BBS Signature