00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

velvzie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musicans listen pwease

1,991 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 18:15:11

Hey guy (especialy those guys who creates nice music and sounds :3),
a friend of Deviantart.com (DA) told me he is working on a playlist thingy on DA (don't ask me why, he just will do it okay? :D) and because of that, he want to me to help him :3
NOW THE QUESTION WOULD BE:
Are some of you (again: Only the musicans :)) interested in posting some of your sound for this project? Please: do your answers as short as possible. The question basicly is: Are you interested in helping us?^^
Thanks to everybody who reads that, it means a lot for our project *hug*

Musicans listen pwease

Sowwy for my bad English, i'm swissnative :3

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 18:20:33

Could you give a little more detail?

NEW TUNES! CHECK THEM HERE!

itsfoxhall/SownShadow Fox

Click the picture for my actual real life band D:

BBS Signature

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 18:37:52

Errr, will try: Maybe you know deviantart.com it's alike NG, simple difference: NG is a flash-portal
and DA is for art, every kind of art except music. So my friend (Chad) wanted to create something like a playlist in wich you can upload your music (it doesn't matter wheter it's yours or somebody other ones as long as you have the permission for make the song puplic). Maybe you know playlist.com? Chad want to make the playlist-project alike Playlist.com. But this project wouldn't be very usefull if nobody will use it so we have to search ppl who are interested in this project (posting their music and things like that) . Right now we just want to know how many ppl would use the playlist on DA. But if he tell me news i make the puplic on NG as soon as possible

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 18:42:24

i think i will post some if ive made something again :S

btw every song on the audio portal you can use because the license of newgrounds sais so :D

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 18:46:51

So basically your friend will make DeviantArt accept music? That's as much as I can understand.

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 19:06:11

@ iceblueglow: that would be very kewl, i'm sure DA will like your music (listened to some random Sounds you made :thumbsup: :D)

@Mich: Yeah that's right. buut yeah we though it would be cool if DA also had an audio portal ^^;
Btw Mich your music sounds also very nice to me. I guess DA would also like your music

At all: i forgot to tell ya: if you want to help us (when we finaly get the permission of DA for the Audio-portal and started the project X3) you have to create an DA acc. just that you know that otherwise you can't post your sound C:

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 19:16:41

If this works, I'm in. Cheers for the Heads Up broh ^_^ sounds like a plan.

BBS Signature

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 19:25:11

Thank you very much for your support. Yeah i also think it's a well plan and if there are more ppl who wants to help us i'm sure it will work :)
Thanks again for your support *highfive*

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 19:43:06

Very interesting. I have a DA account (MICHhimself), which I might use a bit more now. Thanks for the compliments by the way.

I'll probably just keep most of my new stuff to NG though; easier to just maintain one account and check activity here. I practically live here anyway.

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 20:07:55

Hell, I'd be game for uploading my stuff on DA, my sister has an account over there, big on the fan fiction and drawing. I, unfortunately, stopped drawing a long time ago.

I dunno if I'd have anything uploaded here you'd be interested, I don't really upload finished songs, I save those for my CDs, and most of the stuff I do finish and upload is usually just a short little instrumental of sorts.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 20:34:20

If it works out, I will definitely host my music there. I've already got a DA account set up, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

This could be a really cool idea. :D

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-16 23:28:24

Sure, I'd be game.

I've already uploaded a fair bit of art there under SolusLunes.

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-17 06:57:29

Does this have something to do with Deviant-Music by any chance?

Denny Schneidemesser, composer for Film & Media. www.dennyschneidemesser.com

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-17 07:26:20

Im in for this. Ive always wanted DevArt to support music. :)

Just let us know what we have to do to help you out.

BBS Signature

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-17 11:39:59

@Mich: Thanks for your support. I'm glad you would be interested in posting songs on DA
@Back-From-Purgatory: That's great, i'm sure DA will also like your music (listened to some of you uploads, they sound good to me) thank you for your support. Can you tell me your sisters acc on DA? want to contact her, because she has got a brother who makes nice music :D
@Deflektor: Yeah, also listened to your music, i'm sure DA will be happy to have you as an Musican *highfive* And yeah, i try to update this topic as well as possible ^^ Chad didn't tell me a lot till yet but i will look for it :)
@Kaizerwolf: I'm glad you like our idea, btw your music is also very well. Hope the project will go on, because i would be happy if you upload your music also on DA. Btw added you to my deviantwatch *highfive*^^
@SolusLunes: Great. thanks also for your support, your music sounds also very well to me. btw added you to me DAwatch *hug*
@Danman87: errr, i'm not sure with who Chad works with but i guess he was also mentioned at Chads new when he told me about the project. would you also be interested in upload you music there? because you music sound very beautiful. I would be glad to hear your music on DA :3
@PeterSatera: I'm happy that you agree our project. Your sound is also very nice *highfive* Yeah i want to tell you all as much as possible about the project. Right now i don't know very much about. I'm just sure Chad and all his hlepers (also me *proud* :D) are working for it. If i hear something new i will post it immediately.

@All: Thank you all very much. Everybody who answered me till yet has really briliant music and i really hope it will work. Thanks again everybody who supports us. I'm sure it will help us to make that project working. Still: Everybody who's interested in it: lemme know pwease :3

here are some helpful links about the pro:

<The "Deviant-music news from Chad (you don't have to read it completely just that about the misc pro^^)> http://chadsyphrett.deviantart.com/journ al/27758630/

<Chads DA acc> http://chadsyphrett.deviantart.com/

<My DA account, for all those who wants to know who invites them to the pro^^>
http://minortails.deviantart.com/

Thanks again for your support *hug*

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-17 12:22:59

Hey Minortails, I'm always interested in these kinds of projects where my potential as a recognized musician is heightened by any means, and I would just for now ask if you could check out my songs and tell me if any of them have potential. Keep in mind they are all home recordings, non-professional, but I am quite proud of my material. I would really love your opinion , thank you and good luck with the proj!

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-17 14:14:41

I am skeptical that DA would, due to the actions of a handful of Newgrounders, suddenly decide to change their policy regarding music and start to allow music to be uploaded to the site.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-17 14:35:54

I'd really like to help too.

Eating Mentos drives you mental.

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-17 16:03:34

@DamonGuyett: Hey-ho, i listened to some of your sounds and they're really not bad. I guess Many ppl on DA would like them :3. Thanks for your Support, we need everybody who wants to help :)
@EmperorCharlemagne: I guess it doesn't matter where the music comes from. And why not from NG? here are a load of really good musicans. Your music, btw, is also nice. We fight for our proj and i hope it will work :3
@Cuzone: Thanks, i guess you're music would be also accepted on DA. You have nice sounds :3 Thanks for your support :3

Thanks again to everybody who is interested in helping us. I'll keep on updating this thread till the proj is going on w00t

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-22 16:12:19

Okay musicans, listen again pls.
Chad telled me he wants to discuss with me about the proj soon and he wants to know how many want to join. There are already some nice musicans (they who already commented) but we would be happy if even more ppl would join. ~still try to always update the tread~

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-22 16:16:37

Yeah, sure. Count me in. Sounds like a nice idea, but I'm not sure whether DA would want music on their site? I don't know, it just doesn't really match the atmosphere and goals of that site I think?

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-22 16:20:46

Which is the same thing I'm wondering, in that how is a bunch of small-time audio-makers like us going to convince a major site like DA to change their policy on something like this?

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-22 16:34:59

Definitely interested, what do you have to do?

"If we can find a way to make music free for all the world to hear instead of charging them to 'buy' a fucking song, perhaps we can usher in true freedom" -Trypno [X]-D

BBS Signature

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-22 16:43:21

Hmmm this seems like a good idea. Okay count me in :)

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-23 13:40:28

At first: thanks again for reading and:
@la-yinn: I guess they could really think about... what's wrong about? :p musicans want to make music and i hope DA will agree. We still work at it. If you want to know who strats the proj, on DA he's called SmartTroll he told me ^^
@EmperorCharlemagne: I guess we already aren't a bunch of small-time audio-makers anymore. There are some more ppl behind that proj (don't expect to much pwease) and here on NG are already many ppl interested in the proj. I'm sure we can change something, togehter indeed ^^
@Trypno: Right now my quest is to ask ppl wheter they are interested in the proj, Tell ya if i have news :)
@YouriX: Thank you very much for your support.

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-23 19:09:01

At 10/16/09 06:15 PM, Minortails wrote: Hey guy (especialy those guys who creates nice music and sounds :3),
a friend of Deviantart.com (DA) told me he is working on a playlist thingy on DA (don't ask me why, he just will do it okay? :D) and because of that, he want to me to help him :3
NOW THE QUESTION WOULD BE:
Are some of you (again: Only the musicans :)) interested in posting some of your sound for this project? Please: do your answers as short as possible. The question basicly is: Are you interested in helping us?^^
Thanks to everybody who reads that, it means a lot for our project *hug*

Thanks for helping me & others, who are working on the Deviant Music Project: http://news.deviantart.com/article/96571 /

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-24 07:13:46

At 10/22/09 04:20 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Which is the same thing I'm wondering, in that how is a bunch of small-time audio-makers like us going to convince a major site like DA to change their policy on something like this?

DA have a massive community, but the good thing is they listed to that community, which is why its one of the most popular. This could work.

Im in of course.

BBS Signature

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-24 07:30:53

Response to Musicans listen pwease 2009-10-25 09:46:24

@Smarttroll: Izzy :hug: i just want to help ^^
@PeterSatera: Thank you very much for your support and your otimism :hug: it means a lot for me
@Box-Killa: errr... what are you about?^^;