00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

finalfridayss just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rugby Crew

41,193 Views | 536 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-08 07:27:58

There is really no news from me. I haven't got to watch Rugby in a while.

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-09 04:52:50

At 3/8/04 07:27 AM, IM_KOOL_R_U wrote: There is really no news from me. I haven't got to watch Rugby in a while.

No match or training lately? Anyway, I usually don't watch the matches on television.

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-11 01:45:29

bump

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-11 01:47:57

Hmmmm,I've heard about Rugby,but never watched or played it..I'll join if you's full me in about it..

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-11 01:54:12

At 3/11/04 01:47 AM, SouthPhillyGangsta wrote: Hmmmm,I've heard about Rugby,but never watched or played it..I'll join if you's full me in about it..

BAsically you have usually 15 guys or girls playing from each time on the field at once. Everyone gets the ball, anyone can pas sit off. The trick is you can only pass horizontal or backwards, not forwards. If you drop it and it goes forward you lose it too. Kicks can go forwards, and you can kick whenever you want. PLay does not stop when someone is tackled, it keeps going. There is not set number of downs (unless its league, but thats not the standard form of rugby). Sometimes there as many as 15 tackles before the play stops, even more.

Contrary to popular belief rugby is SAFER then football. There are usually fewer injuries in rugby than football due to the lack of pads. First of all helmet to the knee and youll never play again. When you dont have pads you ensure that all of your tackles are safer (by wrapping) and dont just fly into people cause you think your invicible. Not to say we dont have injuries though. Sometimes in pro games the coach isnt even on the field, just in a sky box. Wow that was long buts its a good explaination. Oh and FYI, Sports Illustrated has rated rugby players (on average, pros) to be the fitess athletes overall out of every sport. This includes cardio, flex, muscle strength, muscle endurance. Must sports dont tap into all of them, but rugby does, and well.

*Taken from RugbyMacDaddy's message on page 3.

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-11 02:16:16

At 3/11/04 01:54 AM, daftguy wrote:
At 3/11/04 01:47 AM, SouthPhillyGangsta wrote: Stuff

Thank you for the insight of Rugby,now I guess I can join?

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-11 02:25:40

At 3/11/04 02:16 AM, SouthPhillyGangsta wrote: Thank you for the insight of Rugby,now I guess I can join?

Just state your favourite rugby team and your position in your rugby team. After that, you're officially the 7th member of this crew.

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-11 07:50:52

I went down to watch my old team play the other day. My God when I played with them, we were quite decent and won a few cups. But a few players have gone and man they have hit rock bottom. They lost 70-3 can you believe that, 2 seasons ago we were league champions. Now we are losing 70-3 to mid table teams!!!!!!!

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-11 11:13:21

At 3/11/04 01:54 AM, daftguy wrote:
*Taken from RugbyMacDaddy's message on page 3.

lol.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-12 09:35:38

At 3/11/04 07:50 AM, Ambyth wrote: I went down to watch my old team play the other day. My God when I played with them, we were quite decent and won a few cups. But a few players have gone and man they have hit rock bottom. They lost 70-3 can you believe that, 2 seasons ago we were league champions. Now we are losing 70-3 to mid table teams!!!!!!!

Well, that sucks. No news from me, though. Just getting ready for the big match next week.

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-13 04:37:54

bump

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-13 04:51:33

"The Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) have wrong-footed onlookers by naming Mike Ruddock as the new Wales coach. It was believed that the choice was between either Llanelli Scarlets coach Gareth Jenkins or NEC Harlequins boss Mark Evans, but Welsh officials have opted to put their trust in the Gwent Dragons boss.

Ruddock was not even thought to have applied for the position, leaving Jenkins and Evans as the favourites for the job, but in a shock move, the WRU gave the nod to the Dragons boss and his club assistant Clive Griffiths to take up the reins.

Ruddock will take over from Steve Hansen who will step down as Wales coach after the RBS Six Nations."

I don't mind Mike Ruddock being the Welsh coach, but he only just got started coaching the Gwent Dragons and now he is being taken away. This means that the Dragons will have to search for a new coach at very short notice as no one knew that Ruddock was in the running. Thats pretty poor play by the Welsh Rugby Union if you ask me. But he's a very good coach Mike Ruddock, he's won the Welsh league title a couple of times and went over to Ireland and coached a provincial side, while there he helped coach players like Brian O'Driscoll, Reggie Corrigan, Denis Hickie, Gordon D'Arcy and Malcolm O'Kelly and we all know how they turned out. He also coached Swansea to a 21-9 win over Australia in 1993. So he knows what to do to get the job done, however the Welsh team have a good track record of making very good coaches look sub-par!

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-13 10:11:54

Hi guys i need advice, were playin school rugga and there are four teams. So far each team has one match left here are the teams are W,C,T,S(abrevs) scores are:

W beat S and lost to T
S beat C and lost to W
T beat C and W
C lost to T and S

I'm in W the next matches are:
W vs C
T vs S

should i want S to beat T and me(W) to have a chance of winning if we score enough against the shitty C. Or should i want T to beat S and have a definate 2nd.

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-13 10:25:49

At 3/13/04 10:11 AM, mexxa wrote: stuff

Why would you go for second place? Just beat all the other team. :)

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-14 20:50:09

Im back. I just got an email from the University of Trent. Finally they have responded to me about me playing for them. Sounds like they are interested in finding out what I am made of. It shoudl be fun. Since its a small school I might even start off first string (but maybe not, go from all-star to the bottom of the ladder again).

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-14 22:19:45

After you try out for them tell how you do. Still haven't found a Union but then again I am SC and we barely have anything.

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-14 22:26:04

Trytouts are in September during frosh week. Where do you live?

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-14 22:43:19

At 3/14/04 10:26 PM, RugbyMacDaddy wrote: Trytouts are in September during frosh week. Where do you live?

I live in the USA in the state South Carolina. They like hate the sport or something.

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-14 22:58:32

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-15 09:16:20

So what do you all think of this “9 nations” thing that the SANZAR are proposing? I’m not sure that I’m so up on it, seems like a lot of travelling but then again there are usually NH/SH tours every season. What are you all thoughts?

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-15 14:03:10

yeah, i play rugby...

well i played, until i fucked up my ankle when i was skateboarding, but i shud hopefully be starting again in September.

i hav played for;
My school
My town and
My county

so can i join?

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-15 14:08:28

At 3/13/04 10:25 AM, Daftastica wrote:
At 3/13/04 10:11 AM, mexxa wrote: stuff
Why would you go for second place? Just beat all the other team. :)

Um well i just ofund out our captain wants a definate 2nd cus we cant score over 50 ina match(thats the limit) and we nee like 80(guess). I think this is true so i tihnk 2nd is better thann 3rd.

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-15 14:08:46

At 3/11/04 02:25 AM, Daftastica wrote:
Just state your favourite rugby team and your position in your rugby team. After that, you're officially the 7th member of this crew.

ahh ic, right, my fav team is obviously England (cos im from there) otherwise, its either Bath or Lester.

my position is any of the backs except fly half...when i played for my county, i was left wing! so ill go there

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-15 14:12:16

At 3/15/04 02:08 PM, mexxa wrote:
Um well i just ofund out our captain wants a definate 2nd cus we cant score over 50 ina match(thats the limit) and we nee like 80(guess). I think this is true so i tihnk 2nd is better thann 3rd.

how is the scoring gonna work..not in a match, but for position placements..

cos when i used to play in tournaments...it was 2 for a win, 1 for a draw 0 for a loss...but it sounds like u are positioning the teams by the number of tires they score...

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-15 19:10:28

Welcome to our newest member. By the way, how many people here drink Guiness?

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-16 10:07:23

At 3/15/04 07:10 PM, RugbyMacDaddy wrote: Welcome to our newest member. By the way, how many people here drink Guiness?

when i get wasted, i dont drink guiness straight away, as its too thick, like soup, but after about 4 pints ill drink guiness

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-16 10:20:10

Any news from any of you?

Here's mine, not really. Getting ready before the big match is really a pain in the ass. We need to run around the track for 20 rounds in training. We must do this every training sesion, which is every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Hell, now I'm gonna run half a mile without any breath after all those training. Our coach is very strict because of our bad performance last friendly match. I'm not going to blame him......

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-16 13:44:52

I'm anoyed, the rugby was scored just wins and loses done on goals t the end. i found out that the S won but not enough to cmoe 1st so we cme third, i had my ideas wrong before. We still beat C by 35(that wa the least out of all of th teams but woh cares).

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-17 18:34:47

For university rugby they want me to be able to run 1 mile non-stop before try-out begin.

BBS Signature

Response to Rugby Crew 2004-03-17 22:08:50

The one thing I hate about being a forward (especially since Im a bit on the smaller side, even though Im 6 feet tall and 175lbs) is you dont score much on the field. Off the field is another thing.

BBS Signature