00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What should I improve on?

743 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What should I improve on? 2009-09-22 16:46:54

Here is a drawing I just made. Tell me if I should make any improvements. I want all of my art to be cartoony, so don't mention anything about improving my realistic skills.

What should I improve on?

BBS Signature

Response to What should I improve on? 2009-09-22 16:59:21

At 9/22/09 04:46 PM, ChazzieBoi wrote: Here is a drawing I just made. Tell me if I should make any improvements. I want all of my art to be cartoony, so don't mention anything about improving my realistic skills.

Well.. Your "line-thickness" could use some work. The line around the mouth for exsample looks way to thick.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to What should I improve on? 2009-09-22 17:04:35

I'd say start off with less wonky lineart and, if you intend to specialize on cartoony characters, work on the expressions and body language of your characters. Right now I don't know if he's annoyed, confused or wants to eat something (his hands?)

BBS Signature

Response to What should I improve on? 2009-09-22 17:44:56

Line thickness on the mouth needs thinning (as mentioned)
You could do with working on the expression (as mentioned)
And the arms don't suit the body at all. It looks like you gave up when drawing the arms.

Response to What should I improve on? 2009-09-22 18:35:11

I gotta agree with everything that's been said, guess I came a little late. mostly the expression.
I can't tell what he is feeling, angry, surprised, distraught?
Also unless you are going to really exaggerate the expressions and take up the whole face, he has a lot of empty space in his face, trim it down a bit.
His face is the only thing with shading or lighting, do all shading or do none for still images.

Response to What should I improve on? 2009-09-22 18:50:20

At 9/22/09 04:46 PM, ChazzieBoi wrote: I want all of my art to be cartoony, so don't mention anything about improving my realistic skills.

improve your "realistic" skills.

Response to What should I improve on? 2009-09-23 03:32:23

Read everything this guy has posted.
http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/

BBS Signature

Response to What should I improve on? 2009-09-23 07:12:23

At 9/22/09 05:04 PM, Re2deemer wrote: I'd say start off with less wonky lineart and, if you intend to specialize on cartoony characters, work on the expressions and body language of your characters. Right now I don't know if he's annoyed, confused or wants to eat something (his hands?)

He's playing with his tie.

BBS Signature

Response to What should I improve on? 2009-09-23 07:13:48

At 9/22/09 06:50 PM, tmkunt wrote:
At 9/22/09 04:46 PM, ChazzieBoi wrote: I want all of my art to be cartoony, so don't mention anything about improving my realistic skills.
improve your "realistic" skills.

You bastard.

BBS Signature