00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zackstack96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to paint colours digitally?

685 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to paint colours digitally? 2009-09-11 11:53:22

I was wondering, what software is best for digital painting and/or filling in an outline? I used Illustrator to make this outline and need to fill it all in somehow :) All help appreciated :DD

How to paint colours digitally?

"Marx was wrong. Religion is not the opiate of the masses, religion is the placebo of the masses."

BBS Signature

Response to How to paint colours digitally? 2009-09-11 13:45:28

At 9/11/09 11:53 AM, OMGx wrote: I was wondering, what software is best for digital painting and/or filling in an outline? I used Illustrator to make this outline and need to fill it all in somehow :) All help appreciated :DD

Umm...yeah...you can use Illustrator....

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to How to paint colours digitally? 2009-09-11 14:06:07

Thanks for the help guyz

"Marx was wrong. Religion is not the opiate of the masses, religion is the placebo of the masses."

BBS Signature

Response to How to paint colours digitally? 2009-09-11 14:28:34

At 9/11/09 01:58 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 9/11/09 01:45 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote:
At 9/11/09 11:53 AM, OMGx wrote: I was wondering, what software is best for digital painting and/or filling in an outline? I used Illustrator to make this outline and need to fill it all in somehow :) All help appreciated :DD
Umm...yeah...you can use Illustrator....
I've never used illustrator so it would not matter. To the original Poster I think you might want to consider experiment with different tools for interesting marks. Kind of Set the oppacity level low to work on other layer's later on leaving the transparency low so you could see it clearly.

I wasnt really replying to you but...Illustrator is a very powerful program...So, if you(i am talking to OMG now) did you outline in illustrator why not just color it in illustrator.

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to How to paint colours digitally? 2009-09-11 15:43:24

I say you make copies and try a few different programs that were mentioned to you in the earlier programs. You can paint perfectly and similarly with any program, but the outcome is determined by how u know how to use the program. It just depends which program you will find easier to use.

Yeah i need to work on a signature...maybe i'll borrow yours for now.

Response to How to paint colours digitally? 2009-09-11 16:51:04

I don't mind Illustrator, but I have found it hard colouring with it in the past. Coincidentally I already have Corel painter - it came with my tablet :D so I'll try both :)

BBS Signature

Response to How to paint colours digitally? 2009-09-11 17:08:44

Gimp is a very good freebie, not as good as photoshop for texture, but certainly adequate for many things.

Just beware of over use of blur and airbrush, a mistake I have made before. If you want smooth blending then smudge is a good option, going in many directions over the colours you wish to blend. Takes longer, but the final isn't as fuzzy as blur.

Response to How to paint colours digitally? 2009-09-12 11:37:34

I give up. i suck anyway.

BBS Signature