00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Creature Of The Week #76

1,450 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 05:20:06

No.
Wait ... yes.

This week's topic is a deviation from chowderbalboa's idea about creatures as objects, since I have a feeling popping some gnashy teeth and eyes on a pen won't go down too well.
Or maybe it would.

... anyway this week's The only boy who could ever teach me Was the son of a Creature Of The Week topic:
KITCHEN UTENSIL!
Design a creature that would be useful to have in the kitchen.
Spice weasel BAM!

===CREATURE OF THE WEEK RULES===
- Only one entry per user will go through to the vote thread.
- You cannot post your old work.
- No human likenesses.
- No real-life animals (play-on-names are fine).
- No creature chimeras.
- A description for your creature is recommended, but not necessary.
- No MS Paint.
- If I decide not enough time has been spent on a submission, it won't be accepted.
- All other Art Forum rules apply.

Deadline is the 7th of September, sometime.

If you have any other topic ideas, either post them to TurkeyOnAStick or leave a response on SirNightOwl's List of past COW Topics.

Even if you don't fancy joining in this week, make sure you vote on COW #75's entries, and maybe giving it a wee bump on Thursday.

I'm off for the week. I'm sure you guys know how to handle this topic. If not, check with SirNightOwl or idiot-monarch. Who I haven't asked.

Byeeeeee!

Creature Of The Week #76

BBS Signature

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 05:57:32

At 8/31/09 05:20 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I'm off for the week. I'm sure you guys know how to handle this topic. If not, check with SirNightOwl or idiot-monarch. Who I haven't asked.

Hubba-WHA?

yeah ok

Neat theme. Might make something.

And cool opening pics.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 06:02:23

Wow, that poster makes me sadface.
(poor cow)

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 06:15:16

i hope i'll be able to use my clicking finger well enough to enter

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 06:17:22

I have a question that sort of off topic TOAS,how big do you ususally make those lovely COW pictures?Just curious :)

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 06:23:14

haha! i am good at making inanimate objects animate

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 11:07:25

Hah, so this topic is to make a Flintstones house appliance. Sounds good, I already have a (legit) idea.
Good luck everyone.

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 11:07:35

The first thing that came to mind was brave little toaster

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 12:29:48

I know I don't make the rules, but I think that we should avoid just putting faces on kitchen appliances and come up with actual creatures.

I'm sorry nosv3ratu (spelling?), but I don't think your candle should've been accepted.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-08-31 12:35:55

At 8/31/09 11:07 AM, M-Vero wrote: The first thing that came to mind was brave little toaster

Bloody good film. I hear Roman Polanski directed it

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-05 11:33:42

Page 3 of Art Forum :( WOO IT'S TAKING OFF
Bloody NG calendar!

At 8/31/09 06:17 AM, FullFistMaria wrote: how big do you ususally make those COW pictures?

A5, but I'll try upgrading to A4 in the week after next to get more details in.

BBS Signature

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-05 11:47:52

I noticed cow ain't as popular as it used to be. Probleh because it's every week and the regulars of cow can't be arsed to make a masterpiece that often.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-05 18:48:48

At 9/5/09 11:47 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote: I noticed cow ain't as popular as it used to be. Probleh because it's every week and the regulars of cow can't be arsed to make a masterpiece that often.

well, personally I hate this weeks topic...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-05 18:52:46

At 9/5/09 11:47 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote: I noticed cow ain't as popular as it used to be. Probleh because it's every week and the regulars of cow can't be arsed to make a masterpiece that often.

yea cow is slowly dying off.
not to be negative but i give it two more weeks before people just loose interest all together :/.
which is a shame because i rather like these topics....well some of them.

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-05 19:08:32

Well to compete with all the doomsaying I just have to say that, although I had a cool Idea for this week, I felt like I wasn't good enough to do it, so i've been whitling away the days practicing drawing as would a turtle figureskate.
To be honest I would be really sad if this ever ended, cause these topics always give me good ideas I use for things.

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-05 19:56:13

not to be negative but i think its the topic that has let this one down cow wont die out its just less popular on certain weeks plus theres the ng art calendar this week and loads of collabs

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-07 23:19:54

no one has posted a pic & its the due date.

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-08 02:25:38

i told you
cow isn't as interesting as it use to be
especially this topic :/
maybe they should do a mod creature of the week
that be pretty fun :]

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-08 03:47:30

ok im sorry i couldnt let cow go down like this
i know its crappy and rush but atleast it's something so don't judge it unless you have a submission for this week! :D its a lil past dead line but im sure toas will accept it...maybe :/
hope the story makes up for the drawing

horrible for my first submission to cow :[

Soo this is the glorfnack snail. This creature was originally a lab abomination, when scientist were trying to combine dna with a snail and a pig, but the experiment went horribly wrong when a kitchen knife accidentally fell into the components and transformed it into the glorfnock. Since the knife is forged into the bone of the glorfnock it keeps the edge "diamond" sharp. The kitchen knife isn't the only helpful thing when it comes to cooking. The slime that the glorfnock leaves behind is known in many cultures as a delicacy. It is priced as one of the most valuable foods known to man. It is described as eating a sweet pudding like substance that taste like soft strawberries mixed with wild blue berries and a slice of ham with a dash of honey sprinkled with fresh bamboo sugar. This creature is now found in most house holds and can be most useful to people who have a lifestyle of cooking. The glorfnock can even complete a difficult task as putting a life sized turkey on a stick. (lmao). The glorfnock is a moving household utensil and a food dispencer but above all it is a loving pet. this creature guards is master and is known to always be loyal. Legend says that the glorfnock will rise up and become champion of the creature of the week (#76).....they hope.

Creature Of The Week #76

Response to Creature Of The Week #76 2009-09-08 03:49:17

wow sry i had a typo on on the first sentence in the story
"glorfnock" yea
im just realllly sleepy since i drew it at 1:30 and its now 2:50 :/