00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hellzwulf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Levels Art Collab

159,623 Views | 1,597 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 02:32:52

I colored some more of it. It's still not done yet.

Ng Levels Art Collab

Pauca sed matura.

(Few but ripe.)

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 02:38:01

looking good AM... thanks for swaping weps... i have already added you and sab onto the list

*which can be found - HERE!*

any (N/A) information will be filled in by me if you fail to do so when it comes to me entering it into the flash

thank you all who have taken part so far!... couldnt do it without you lot... also keep in mind that there is now a 5 picture limit so there is a wide range of artists :3... if you know of any other artists who may be intrested... just give them a link to this page and hopefully get some fresh user styles into the collab :3...

will be posting WIP of the main flash when i tidy it up a bit more :3

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 03:36:20

At 12/17/09 02:38 AM, LegolaSS wrote: looking good AM... thanks for swaping weps... i have already added you and sab onto the list

any (N/A) information will be filled in by me if you fail to do so when it comes to me entering it into the flash

thank you all who have taken part so far!... couldnt do it without you lot... also keep in mind that there is now a 5 picture limit so there is a wide range of artists :3... if you know of any other artists who may be intrested... just give them a link to this page and hopefully get some fresh user styles into the collab :3...

Might want to update/edit the available levels list again. I was going to do number 35, but then as I was sifting through entries, I noticed that you had already promised that one to TheDaveAngle on page eight. This is shaping up to be an awesome collab, and I'd love to be a part of it, I just don't want to intrude on anyone else's submissions. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 04:16:59

would love to be included.

wings of a brawler
lvl 10
light

Ng Levels Art Collab

chyea.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 05:59:41

Alright LegolaSS, I have been working on and off of this image all day. Probably something like 7-8 hours total. But I am not complaining, I am so proud of my level 27 "Naga-Chucks" I could crap. I am tried and do not have the strength to insert a background, but I will later. I don't care what aura you choose, either Light or Fab either of those.

MS Paint ... is going ... to be ... the death of me someday...

Ng Levels Art Collab

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 06:39:38

At 12/17/09 05:59 AM, LinaInverseFan wrote: MS Paint ... is going ... to be ... the death of me someday...

If you hate MS Paint, why work on an image for 7-8 hours on it? There are far better programs for drawing out there.

---

I might as well post a WIP for my Level 15. This image is taking me far too long. I may have bitten off more than I could chew with what I was trying to do with the lighting. But hey, I suppose it's always good to experiment with art.

Any advice?

Ng Levels Art Collab

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 07:22:42

wip
lvl 31 evil
clean cutt

Ng Levels Art Collab

chyea.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 09:22:51

Is it something that could be used if i Gave it the touch of me wasting time xD? (i dont want to if theres no chance a all.)
And i use GIMP. a standard feature for ubuntu? don't know if there's a issue with that.?

Ng Levels Art Collab

I have a motto. But naah im not gonna tell.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 11:10:58

2nd wip
checking for faults and adding colours

Ng Levels Art Collab

chyea.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 11:27:28

At 12/17/09 09:22 AM, MrAskholm wrote: Is it something that could be used if i Gave it the touch of me wasting time xD? (i dont want to if theres no chance a all.)

Don't bother then. If that's the limit of the extent of your artistic capabilities, I suggest not wasting your time on it. Snowman is working on a lvl 18 and his WIP looks better than this.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 14:13:20

At 12/17/09 02:38 AM, LegolaSS wrote: looking good AM... thanks for swaping weps... i have already added you and sab onto the list

Well, I do know of someone who has some pretty awesome stuff. The only problem is that the only obvious way I can make him interested enough to do this is to do some lineart of another level, and then have him color it--he likes doing that a lot. So then it would end up being a collab within a collab, which I'm not sure if that's alright. He can draw if he wants to, he just tends not to do it all the time.

http://dasaod.deviantart.com/art/Goetter daemmerung-145074217 <-- that's some of his stuff.

Perhaps I can try convincing someone else to do the lineart...

Pauca sed matura.

(Few but ripe.)

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 14:24:29

At 12/17/09 02:13 PM, Angelus-Mortis wrote: Well, I do know of someone who has some pretty awesome stuff. The only problem is that the only obvious way I can make him interested enough to do this is to do some lineart of another level, and then have him color it--he likes doing that a lot. So then it would end up being a collab within a collab, which I'm not sure if that's alright. He can draw if he wants to, he just tends not to do it all the time.

Well LegolaSS has 2 pictures that have lineart by BizarroJoe and then LegolaSS did the colouring, so I think it might be acceptable. Gonna have to check up with LegolaSS on that one.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 14:47:31

And I think I already have five pictures anyways. Don't I?

Pauca sed matura.

(Few but ripe.)

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 14:49:57

At 12/17/09 02:47 PM, Angelus-Mortis wrote: And I think I already have five pictures anyways. Don't I?

Oh, it appears yes, yes you do. The chieftain is number5.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 15:00:13

At 12/17/09 11:27 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/17/09 09:22 AM, MrAskholm wrote: Is it something that could be used if i Gave it the touch of me wasting time xD? (i dont want to if theres no chance a all.)
Don't bother then. If that's the limit of the extent of your artistic capabilities, I suggest not wasting your time on it. Snowman is working on a lvl 18 and his WIP looks better than this.

Ahh its okay. ;D I know he made one but it isnt the sketch. But the idea of a Cyborg lvl 18 char with rotating nail boards i asked about. I've used 10 min on that in a MS Paint like shitty prog,
And ive just found a vector for my OS (FINALLY) Inscape and Xara Xtreme, It's okay,

I will draw it. And when its done u can keep it or leave it. xD

I have a motto. But naah im not gonna tell.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 15:56:59

At 12/17/09 02:49 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/17/09 02:47 PM, Angelus-Mortis wrote: And I think I already have five pictures anyways. Don't I?
Oh, it appears yes, yes you do. The chieftain is number5.

Oh well, I think I'll try asking him anyways. Maybe someone else might be interested in doing the lineart.

Update on level 53.

Ng Levels Art Collab

Pauca sed matura.

(Few but ripe.)

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 16:11:29

@Mortus - Looking solid man, can't wait to see the finished product.

@Antifulp - Why can't you post jpegs? Filesize too big? At least link to a jpeg version.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 16:19:50

I'll have a go at level 20 then ...

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 16:29:34

At 12/17/09 04:19 PM, THEANTIFULP wrote:
At 12/17/09 04:11 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: @Antifulp - Why can't you post jpegs? Filesize too big? At least link to a jpeg version.
1. idk i havnt been able to post jpeg's on ng for quite some time...
2. i will but im having trobble posting it to deviant too....

Could it be that the files have become corrupted?

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 16:51:02

ok, so here is lv 13 remade with flash, i hope it's good enough...

Ng Levels Art Collab

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 17:16:23

@Antifulp - if the program you are using to make them is corrupted, then they could all become corrupted in turn

@Wario - Looks pretty good so far.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 17:24:55

Lvl 20 WIP
His right arm is crap, but I'll get to that

Ng Levels Art Collab

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 17:26:32

At 12/17/09 05:24 PM, havegum wrote: Lvl 20 WIP
His right arm is crap, but I'll get to that

His left arm looks like it has 2 main joints.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 17:28:59

At 12/17/09 05:26 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: His left arm looks like it has 2 main joints.

Like his albow? (elbow?) or shoulder?

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 17:41:43

I think this explains it clearer.

Ng Levels Art Collab

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 18:10:34

At 12/17/09 03:56 PM, Angelus-Mortis wrote: Update on level 53.

is looking really cool... is it gonna stay more comicey, or will you smoothen it later?

Heres my lvl 38, dark aura Crowguard.
one question though... there are some white glows in it, which you cant see on the white background...
I dont know how you will put the backgrounds in, but should I sent you a png, so you can preserve the glows?
(bigger version (with background) in the portal)

Ng Levels Art Collab

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 18:12:05

At 12/17/09 06:10 PM, J-qb wrote: Heres my lvl 38, dark aura Crowguard.
one question though... there are some white glows in it, which you cant see on the white background...
I dont know how you will put the backgrounds in, but should I sent you a png, so you can preserve the glows?

Yeah, I'd say provide him with the PNG. Those glows are pretty cool, and it would be a shame to lose them.

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 18:17:14

At 12/17/09 06:10 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 12/17/09 03:56 PM, Angelus-Mortis wrote: Update on level 53.
is looking really cool... is it gonna stay more comicey, or will you smoothen it later?

Well, it will look somewhat like this, but with some colored lighting. Which will probably make it look smoother. I did try using smoother shading, and I did want to know what it would look like that way, but it didn't really work out, so I'm going to keep it like this.

Ng Levels Art Collab

Pauca sed matura.

(Few but ripe.)

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 18:20:41

Still puttering along with my Level 36 Native American Tomahawk Warrior.. :3
Thought i'd post it here for you guys to see.

Ng Levels Art Collab

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Levels Art Collab 2009-12-17 18:22:57

@Mortus - Pretty awesome man

@Sabtastic - Wow, that's super shmexy XD