00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

People you shouldn't listen to

2,087 Views | 48 Replies

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:03:36

People who use internet memes/references in real life.

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:06:32

At 8/6/09 04:50 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
But a lot of people enjoy watching films that are culturally and historically significant.

You'll notice that they never say "that movie sucks, but it was significant". They always lavishly praise it like it was a golden calf worthy of devotion.
I'm really sorry but "Dr. Strangelove" is not funny or good. "2001: A Space Odyssey" is borderline retarded. Anyone who watches this movie and thinks is genius was either born 70 years ago or is a pretentious douche.
THAT MOVIE HAS A 15 MINUTE INTRO OF PEOPLE IN MONKEY SUITS SCREAMING! HOLY SHIT.

It's not always easy to differenciate nostalgia from the actual worth of a movie, but luckily there's people like me, who haven't seen shit like King Kong when it came out... in 1933... and can tell you wether is sucks or not based on objective standards by which people actually judge movies when they go see them in theaters or at home with friends.

For instance, here's a con against King Kong: the stop motion sucked. I win.

Depends what you find entertaining.

When I suggest things to people, I don't bank on the fact that they have weird unique interests. Like, if someone asks me "hey what's fun to do in Montreal?", I don't assume they love stamp-collecting and direct them to the nearest stamp museum.

In the same way, people who are asked "hey what's a good movie" and reply "Oh Citizen Kane" are liars. LIARS I SAY.

I fail to see how spending ninety minutes watching something as shallow as Ghostbusters can be any less of a waste of time than watching something that actually has some depth like, for example, Jean-Luc Godard's "Weekend" made in 1967.

If you watch a movie solely for the story, I suggest you start reading novels instead.

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:07:18

absolutely right. pox, you are genuris. pure genuris

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:11:32

I tend to avoid listening to the advice of extremely religious people, not out of bias or prejudice but rationality.
When somebody says "God gives us diseases because of our lifestyle and to punish us" I doubt they'll have anything worthwhile or useful to say...

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:12:49

bah im only 1 of those

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:15:14

You know pox, the more I read your posts about not being ignorant or not being a douchebag or whatever you happen to be preaching about at the time, the more I realize that you're a fucking tool, man.

You sit there and type out these posts and responses and all I see from you is "I'M RIGHT AND MY OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS! WHAT'S THIS? YOU DISAGREE? FUCK YOU, I WIN, FOREVER."

I mean, I see you here right now talking about these old movies and all you're saying is that the old movies suck because they aren't the movies of today. Oh, I'm sorry that someone didn't think to invent time travel so that we could go back in time and give CGI to those guys who made the original Dracula, jeez.

I sometimes wonder if the glass on your little bubble of ignorance and assholery has fogged over and you can't see the rest of the world around you.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:15:51

At 8/6/09 05:10 PM, wtflolnoob wrote: I thought you were my favorite moderator, Pox.

You tought I was your favorite mod?
haha wtf.

You thought that your opinion on something was one thing, but you were wrong, and your actual opinion was something else?

WELL I THOUGHT I LIKED STAR WARS BUT NOW I REALIZE THAT I THOUGHT IT SUCKED ALL ALONG.

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:21:32

Poxpower, for at least a year after I signed up in August '06, I thought you were a woman.

x

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:21:38

At 8/6/09 04:29 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 8/6/09 04:26 PM, poxpower wrote: 1. People who tell you to read 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Anne Frank's diary, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Next, How to Kill a Mockingbird etc.
What do all these books have in common? They make you read them in english class.
What fucking English class did you take?

I had to read most of those in 8th grade.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:50:31

There's always the whole "Dont listen to PoxPower" option

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:53:31

At 8/6/09 05:50 PM, MissingNYC wrote: There's always the whole "Dont listen to PoxPower" option

I'd rather listen to him, he is wise.

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:54:10

The Quebecois.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:54:22

At 8/6/09 05:09 PM, TheGodfather wrote:
At 8/6/09 05:07 PM, Excursius wrote: absolutely right. pox, you are genuris. pure genuris
AH SHADUP! Why don'tchu make love to him while your at it?

yo lil' bitch, why you always gatto have a penis in yo ass?! I'm just saying I agree and I'm using my made up words.

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 17:55:26

At 8/6/09 05:53 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 8/6/09 05:50 PM, MissingNYC wrote: There's always the whole "Dont listen to PoxPower" option
I'd rather listen to him, he is wise.

<3 ??

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 18:10:14

1. Actually, some of those books are pretty interesting. But, I guess NG'ers wouldn't understand 'cause most of them can barely read.
2. Old movies are usually funner, because they have plots. That's something that happens rarely nowadays.
3. Stay away from the IDIOTS who have that attitude. Anyone who's smart and has that attitude is completely safe.
4. This is the only one that I agree with. RUN AWAY.

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 18:12:11

pox, that really hits me where i live.... (cries in a corner in disbelief)

its a long way to the top, if you wanna rock and roll

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 23:38:46

At 8/6/09 05:25 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
Films that 'suck' don't tend to have any significance because they didn't make any kind of impact when they were originally released,

That's not my point. My point is that people take old shitburgers that maybe impressed kids 50 years ago and pretend like it's still relevant today.

Or in Newgrounds term: it's like making a "the 50 best flashes ever" and putting Scrotum the Puppy and Street Life near the top because they were awesome in 2000. Anyone who does that clearly fails to understand the purpose of making "best ever" lists and are instead making "what movies would I put in a museum: the list".

And I accuse movie critics of the exact same sin. Look at any top whatever lists and it is LITTERED with old movies that, quite plainly, SUCK. I've given up on watching them because I am tired of getting burned again and again by how bad these movies are by modern standards.

Move on people.

At 8/6/09 05:54 PM, Rig wrote: The Quebecois.

MAKE MUSIC YOU BUFFON.
p.s. we might have more time than we thought. WOO HOO

At 8/6/09 06:06 PM, FBIpolux wrote: You shouldn't listen to anyone that begins sentences with "Like Ronald Reagan said...", "What annoys me the most about black people...", "So I read this Isaac Asimov book...", "I like The Smiths" or "Like my grandma used to say...".

Yes I agree with you.
Quotes go at the END of speeches. haha

Also beware of the: "I'm not racist, but...".

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 23:57:50

At 8/6/09 04:30 PM, TJoyal wrote: People who treat gym class like the Olympics. It's kickball in your sophomore year in high school. If you miss a catch your not going to fall behind in life.

What fucking school did you go to?

BBS Signature

Response to People you shouldn't listen to 2009-08-06 23:59:46

lol telling us not to listen to who/whatever lol

lol