00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gammeer98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't play games or view videos

1,035 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-05 16:24:00

Hi, I am trying to play some games and watch some videos but all that shows up is a white screen. I download the latest version of flash and java but nothing is happening. Does anyone know what's wrong.

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-05 16:31:49

Are you sure you have flash player? Because it sounds as if you didn't have it... Maybe you have an outdated version, go here and scroll down a little bit to see your current version. You should have 10+, if not, you can go here and download the newest one. Then be sure it's enabled in your brouser. Try it in several different brousers: windows, firefox, crome.

And if that's not the problem, maybe your firewall is blocking it.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-05 16:33:27

At 8/5/09 04:24 PM, Bubblefax wrote: Hi, I am trying to play some games and watch some videos but all that shows up is a white screen. I download the latest version of flash and java but nothing is happening. Does anyone know what's wrong.

What browser and version are you using?
Have you tried another browser and see if it works?
Do you have any ad-blockers or spyware programs that could be blocking Flash?
Does flash work on any other sites like Youtube?

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-05 16:41:50

It says I have 10+ I am using Firefox and how do I make sure it is enabled.

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-05 17:42:39

At 8/5/09 04:41 PM, Bubblefax wrote: It says I have 10+ I am using Firefox and how do I make sure it is enabled.

If it shows the version number then Flash is working. Do you have any other ad-ons that might be causing problems i.e. AdblockPlus or any spyware/antivirus software that might be doing the same?

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-05 17:51:44

At 8/5/09 04:41 PM, Bubblefax wrote: It says I have 10+ I am using Firefox and how do I make sure it is enabled.

What version of firefox are you using? I was reading that you may have problems viewing flash with firefox 3. try a older one or try the new firefox 3.5. That should fix it, if not try to tell us anything you have doen in the past weeks that may have caused this to happen.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-06 12:20:07

I tried using internet explorer and it said that I needed to install flash so I did but then it was the white screen. I downloaded Firefox 3.5 nothing happened. I disabled all the add-ons except for java and nothing happened.

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-06 12:24:59

At 8/6/09 12:20 PM, Bubblefax wrote: I tried using internet explorer and it said that I needed to install flash so I did but then it was the white screen. I downloaded Firefox 3.5 nothing happened. I disabled all the add-ons except for java and nothing happened.

If you downloaded Flash for Firefox, it may not have installed instantly. You may have to go to Start>MyDocuments>Downloads>install_flas h_player. That's what I had to do when I downloaded Flash for Firefox.

This looks froody.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-07 15:48:51

yeah. In the help/FAQ page it says I am running 10.0.32.18

So i am guessing it's my java. But I installed the latest version so yeah.

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-25 16:16:18

So it's still not working tired it on google chrome and explorer and firefox. So I gues it jsut doesn't work on my computer.

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-25 16:44:15

Are you using Dial-up internet? If so, that's probably why.

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-08-30 15:12:40

What the hell! i have exactly the same problem!. Using lastest versions of Firefox, Flash and java.

I have turned off all my ad ons, my firewall, my antivirus, and the misterious blank screen stills keeping my without the best online games on the world!

Lets Make a Club of selfhelping or something like that

Response to Can't play games or view videos 2009-09-02 12:31:39

Hi!, i just recived a response from bubblefax, who said:

"Yeah I did but it was really odd. I was like oh since I can't watch anything I'll download them. So I searched youtube and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxlHVaEkR aI

It worked and then once I downloaded the video or game they all started working.

I know it is very odd."