00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MLouise just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio

2,905 Views | 52 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-07 17:41:24

At 6/7/09 04:10 AM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
The "Dance of the virgins"

No. Here's a hint, (if I could put a music track to this) it's a popular internet dance that goes to a Swedish techno song.

Just how exactly does "getting laid" solve any mental problems? Hmm? /:7

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-07 17:58:41

At 6/7/09 05:41 PM, AtillaTheLion wrote: No. Here's a hint, (if I could put a music track to this) it's a popular internet dance that goes to a Swedish techno song.

Well, you fail to detect sarcasm. And yes, we get it, it's to Dragonstea Din Tei aka Numa Numa

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 07:52:16

At 6/7/09 05:41 PM, AtillaTheLion wrote:
At 6/7/09 04:10 AM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
The "Dance of the virgins"
No. Here's a hint, (if I could put a music track to this) it's a popular internet dance that goes to a Swedish techno song.

it's not swedish, it's moldovan.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 12:11:42

At 6/6/09 10:00 PM, AtillaTheLion wrote: Here's one picture that I just finished yesterday. It's another Cub picture.

Prince of persia

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 13:03:34

At 6/8/09 07:52 AM, J-qb wrote:
it's not swedish, it's moldovan.

Moldovan? Never heard of that language.

But for big-jonny-13, No but close.

Here's another hint: It sounds like a certain candy.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 14:40:12

At 6/8/09 12:11 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote:
At 6/6/09 10:00 PM, AtillaTheLion wrote: Here's one picture that I just finished yesterday. It's another Cub picture.
Prince of persia

Oh yeah... lol. Didn't noticed that 'till then, it does look like the pose the prince had on the second game cover. That's funny.

So anyway here is the return of showing the color cycles of Meeka-Flower.
Here is her in a pink scheme.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 14:41:19

Now in purple.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 14:42:38

In orange...

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 14:44:17

Then in brown...

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 15:25:01

Then here is the White scheme...

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 15:26:51

And finally... the Black scheme.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 18:04:51

At 6/8/09 02:40 PM, AtillaTheLion wrote: So anyway here is the return of showing the color cycles of Meeka-Flower.
Here is her in a pink scheme.

I think you should stop posting 10 versions of every drawing you do, just with different colors. just pick one or two of your favorites, or even just ask poeple what colors they think it should be in.
This whole twenty similar drawings thing is making me dislike this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-08 18:49:14

At 6/8/09 06:04 PM, J-qb wrote: This whole twenty similar drawings thing is making me dislike this thread.

Yeah, once it hit 3 different versions, I was bored, and once it hit 5, I was annoyed.

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-11 01:02:58

At 6/8/09 06:49 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/8/09 06:04 PM, J-qb wrote: This whole twenty similar drawings thing is making me dislike this thread.
Yeah, once it hit 3 different versions, I was bored, and once it hit 5, I was annoyed.

Well, if you're going complain about it so much, don't even bother to look here. I'm just posting my work here, I don't need YOUR criticisms. Sure, I could have made it into at least have the pictures together at a time to show them in fewer posts, but any way like I said at round page 1 that it's going to be her in the same pose 10x.
So if you are going to bicker about the redundancy of some of my work, don't bother giving me a smartalic response.
>8(

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-11 01:06:21

calm down little one

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-11 03:33:18

no need to get snappy Atilla. Especially at Jonny. :P thatll just get you in some hot water.

but yes it is a little extreme to have just tons of the same picture with diffrent colors. you should compile in to one jpeg and call it good.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-11 04:04:49

Yep. While I agree with the above persons, I do think that the Black scheme worked out to look best for that character.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-11 04:23:26

Oh wow this is lame.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-11 05:04:51

At 6/11/09 01:02 AM, AtillaTheLion wrote: Well, if you're going complain about it so much, don't even bother to look here. I'm just posting my work here, I don't need YOUR criticisms. Sure, I could have made it into at least have the pictures together at a time to show them in fewer posts, but any way like I said at round page 1 that it's going to be her in the same pose 10x.
So if you are going to bicker about the redundancy of some of my work, don't bother giving me a smartalic response.
>8(

Actually, My post (I can't speak for johnny) was not ment as a complaint, but more as a tip. Having tens of pictures of the seme character just with different colors might scare poeple of. poeple that otherwise could have offered you usefull advice. If poeple comment to your artwork now, it will probably be about what color scheme they liked best, which is good to know, but it does not really help you become a better artist.
Personally, I think art is about putting your own feelings/emotions/experience/opinions onto paper (or music, or sculpture...). Which basically means I think you should make a piece of art which you like, examine it closely yourself, untill you are quite certain you do not know what to improve on it.
After doing this you can ask poeple for comments or critiques.
This is your thread, so feel free to do it whatever way you want to, but if you do it my way, it will prevent a lot of comments with "that sucks" or "pick a different post", or just with comments which you were already aware off.

Sincerely yours, Jables

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-11 15:04:48

My post was more of the obvious statement for what most people probably have been thinking. I didn't mean to offend you, I'm just letting you know that when people see the same picture over and over again they tend to bore easily (especially people like me), and that turns them off from surfing through your art thread. It's always a good idea to keep things fresh with new pieces.

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-14 17:50:28

Okay it has been awhile since my last post and sorry if I might have had an explosion earlier, but right now I'm doing alright. I have been busy lately making something, I'm trying to make animated GIFs using made sprites of some of the characters I've made, like the GIF of Cub dancing.

:In case you were wondering Cub was doing the caremelldansen...

What made me think of making my own sprite sheet was just by thinking of how videogame designers make sprites of videogame characters, and thought what would it be like if I made an 8-bit version of one of my characters. So far I've made some basic steps like walking and running.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2009-06-15 06:46:51

I feel that the insane lack of muscle of your character 'cub' doesn't make him very likable. If you were that malnourished, you'd damn near be unable to stand, let alone do something as drastic as wield two humongous blades- anything heroic like that, which seems like what you're going for.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Atillathelion's Com. Art Portfolio 2010-01-30 19:19:24

Hey it's been a while since I posted something on this dusty thread, but I just thought I'd show something cool that I did months ago. Hope you enjoy. Here is the Hi-Res version.

BBS Signature