00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Songs linked to a memory.

1,015 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Songs linked to a memory. 2009-05-04 06:59:07

Hey everyone, lately I've just thought about this song. You know when you have something that instantly triggers one of your memories. I have this song, I know the memory, I remember the style of the song but I have no idea what the name is. I really want to find this song and I've wanted to find it for about 2 years now. I'm dieing to hear it again.

It was a dance/ club songs which was out around 2004-2005. Also I know it was played a fair bit on Nova 100.3, a "use to be good, but now crap" radio station here in Melbourne. It's a song like Eric Prydz - Call on Me and I know it was mixed in a fair bit with it on massive mash up nights.

It has a girl singing, she has a soft voice and it's a proper vocal vox, not just an occasional word or so.

The memory this song is connected to is pretty personal and I don't think I would talk about it here, you know. But yeah, If any of you know of the song. Seriously, I would be sooo freaking happy and would be happy to send you my next latest song first before everyone else.
(If that's an alright reward?)

But yes, if you don't know of my song, discuss about your own memory linked songs. Everyone's got one hidden somewhere.

Hardstyle / Dance / Trance <3

BBS Signature

Response to Songs linked to a memory. 2009-05-04 11:24:37

We had a school trip to rome some 4 years ago, all I had back then was a (then) top-notch 128 mb creative mp3 player, which had two albums of the thrills on it. Anytime I listen to those albums now I always think of that week.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Songs linked to a memory. 2009-05-04 17:57:30

Music is so madd, I love it because it brings back the feeling any time you listen to it and it's even better when it plays it on shuffle XD

Still no responses about my 2004-2005 song, oh well. I'll keep looking.

BBS Signature

Response to Songs linked to a memory. 2009-05-05 00:01:58

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue, Reminds me of my last days in California before i moved
its weird cause generally i don't like that type of music

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Songs linked to a memory. 2009-05-05 05:13:54

Can't help ya with the song... but I do have a memory linked song.

Crawling by Linkin Park (Reanimation), is the most notable song I have linked to a memory. However, unlike other people with the sentimental memories of people, places, events, or things... My memory is much more.... Nerdy... to say the least.

Way back before WoW (World of Warcraft for those few that don't know) took over the MMO market... I played EQ (A lot). And I listened to the Reanimation CD from Linkin Park every time I played EQ, this song in particular always popped up when I was leveling a certain character on "Luclin"... So every time I hear this song, I get the picture of this moon filled with cat people killing little goblin like creatures.

Like I said, damn nerdy, but hey, it's the most notable memory linked to a song I have.

/nerdmode off

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Songs linked to a memory. 2009-05-05 07:26:16

Will never stop loving the old school linkin park. They are seriously the best ! XD lol. I think I still have their albums here somewhere. I know I have meteora and reanimation here... somewhere ^.^

But yeah those songs, are so good. They're great but I don't have any really good memories connected to them lol.

I also have a few memories linked to a game I used to play called Mu online. Was damn addicted to that hard. But yeah I replaced all the game music to songs I liked so whenever those old songs are played guess what I think of... those songs lol XD Such as.. Chris Brown Run it lol (Old as song) was my intro menu music for a while until I changed it so some techno. Good times.

And like you could teleport all around the world so like.. ding in a town.. boom my fav song's playing.

Those were a good 3 years. lol

At 5/5/09 05:13 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Can't help ya with the song... but I do have a memory linked song.

Crawling by Linkin Park (Reanimation), is the most notable song I have linked to a memory. However, unlike other people with the sentimental memories of people, places, events, or things... My memory is much more.... Nerdy... to say the least.

Way back before WoW (World of Warcraft for those few that don't know) took over the MMO market... I played EQ (A lot). And I listened to the Reanimation CD from Linkin Park every time I played EQ, this song in particular always popped up when I was leveling a certain character on "Luclin"... So every time I hear this song, I get the picture of this moon filled with cat people killing little goblin like creatures.

Like I said, damn nerdy, but hey, it's the most notable memory linked to a song I have.

/nerdmode off

BBS Signature

Response to Songs linked to a memory. 2009-05-05 17:32:13

The song Worker Bees - by Billy Talent makes me think of the time when I was first stung by a bee. I was all alone outside, I must have been holusinating because there were like 50 bees all of different shape and color, then two bees, yellow-jackets, flew by and one was going to enter my walking path, quickly I try to duck or dodge it. But it was too late. The bee had flown down a short bit and i swatted it with my hand. I tried to head back to my garage, but was to slow, for after a few steps that yellow jacket layed it's sharp, black tusk upon my arm. All I could think was, am I going to die. I had heard that getting stung by a bee was nothing and was easy to recover from. But I didn't believe those fools. It was but only a moment until I bursted out in tears. You couldn't blame me though, I was 4 or 5. I sat down on a car seat in my garage awaiting my mother's arrival.

Putting the fun in funeral.

BBS Signature

Response to Songs linked to a memory. 2009-05-05 18:54:07

That's how I remember everything, through songs I listen to when I learn it the first time. Like if I'm walking home and I don't remember the way to go, a song pops into my head and I remember to turn left. Unfortunately, my taste in music has changed significantly since I was 12 years old, so I would rather not think about music like Slipknot or SOAD.

<@greywing> check me on netlog!

BBS Signature