00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Doughboybr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Symphonic Choirs Help?

1,096 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Symphonic Choirs Help? 2009-05-01 14:46:39

I have just recently obtained EWQL Symphonic Choirs, and I've been DYING to work with the WordBuilder function, so that I can finish my Liberi Fatali track. However, it's not as easy as it sounds. I'm having difficulties routing the WordBuilder to the Choirs itself, and I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm using MIDI Yoke to route the WordBuilder to Symphonic Choirs, and using my Yamaha MIDI Keyboard as the MIDI Input for the Wordbuilder. I have yet to get Symphonic Choirs to recognize any data being sent to it. I've played around with the Settings, and allowed access for MIDI Yolk 1 to enter Choirs, which was the MIDI Output for WordBuilder.

Are there any users here that have used this program, and could lend a hand? I'd be grateful for any help given to me!

Response to Symphonic Choirs Help? 2009-05-04 06:50:26

Are there any users here that have used this program, and could lend a hand? I'd be grateful for any help given to me!

I've actually used the program. But I used it in a sequencer. I've never heard about MIDI Yolk . But I used the wordbuilder as an insert in cubase when I made songs. Or if it was a send.

Response to Symphonic Choirs Help? 2009-05-04 12:48:12

At 5/1/09 02:46 PM, CelestOrion wrote: I have just recently obtained EWQL Symphonic Choirs, and I've been DYING to work with the WordBuilder function, so that I can finish my Liberi Fatali track. However, it's not as easy as it sounds. I'm having difficulties routing the WordBuilder to the Choirs itself, and I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm using MIDI Yoke to route the WordBuilder to Symphonic Choirs, and using my Yamaha MIDI Keyboard as the MIDI Input for the Wordbuilder. I have yet to get Symphonic Choirs to recognize any data being sent to it. I've played around with the Settings, and allowed access for MIDI Yolk 1 to enter Choirs, which was the MIDI Output for WordBuilder.

I have the play version of SC, but I haven't messed with it just yet, so I can't quite help you.

But, if you go to the SC/WB forum at soundsonline.com, someone there might be able to help.

Response to Symphonic Choirs Help? 2009-05-04 15:35:28

Try the Maple VMIDI Cables, these are recommended by Eastwest and have always worked for me.

You need to use a loopback connector with the following setup...

Sequencer MIDI track - Port 1 Out
WordBuilder MIDI In port - Port 1 In
WordBuilder MIDI Out port - Port 2 Out
EWQLSC Kompakt Input Interface - Port 2 In

Load the right WB articulations and choose the right kind of choir and you should be ready to rock.

Denny Schneidemesser, composer for Film & Media. www.dennyschneidemesser.com