00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Re-Blocked in China

129,449 Views | 744 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:27:51

giggle.

Wakka wakka

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:27:53

wow, holy shit people, it was a damn April Fools Joke, and an amazing one at that. I laughed harder yesterday than i have in a long time...the fake chat, the fake accounts, the racist alterations to our posts, it was amazing. good job NG staff, i loved it.
the chat was the best part, cause they spend a lot of time making that fake chat look real, amazing.
and of course now we're back to "coming soon"
THATS gay, not the other stuff.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:30:45

lol, I found re-blocking very obvious. NG is too liberal for china.

Well, let's hope their regim will weaken with time

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:30:46

I love a website that will acctually do april fools and stuff like that XD

Walk, and I'll break your legs, Swim, and I'll tie your arms, Fly, and I'll tear your wings, Dream, and I'll make them nightmares.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:30:53

wow i can post again yay. that china theme was so obnoixious. glad its gone. i couldnt put up with those lame bright colors lol. it just ruins the mood of the audio portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:32:20

Nice prank tom

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:34:17

Good God, there's some really stupid people out there.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:35:23

At 4/2/09 02:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: close the Flash and Audio Portals. While this was tempting,

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you are the biggest idiot in the world for actually CONSIDERING shutting down the Portal.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:37:18

At 4/2/09 03:35 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 4/2/09 02:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: close the Flash and Audio Portals. While this was tempting,
I can't believe I'm saying this, but you are the biggest idiot in the world for actually CONSIDERING shutting down the Portal.

Why? We don't need the Portal to sell t-shirts in the store. If we redirected all the Portal URLs to the store we would probably sell like 1000x more stuff.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:37:29

At 4/2/09 02:34 PM, RealFaction wrote: This has been dragged out too much we all this is BS lol. Why not just say you got the NG users with a well thought out April Fools joke? Lol that's shorter and simpler.

not everyon does know that obviously

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:39:55

I thought that the April Fool's joke was funny, but it was annoying not being able to make any posts on the BBS.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:40:02

I find it funny that there isn't a single complaint without either a grammar, spelling, or punctuation mistake.

Great job, Tom.

And is there any possibility that we can set our theme as Communist? I actually kinda liked the look of it.

On the porch is where I sit. My car is on the fritz. And I don't give a shit

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:41:49

LoL
good prank tom!

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:42:47

At 4/2/09 03:35 PM, DocSprite wrote:

Chairman Fulp always knows best.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:43:55

You mean ... It wasnt an April Fools Day joke?

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

YouTube Xtranormal

Monkeys DeviantArt

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:44:39

What a pitty...I ...no I hate them^actualy..I love tJapan^^

Quack!

Woundersplenndin'!

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:46:41

I just wonder how many site members took the webpage seriously yesterday... :-D

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:47:20

At 4/2/09 03:20 PM, maxvm wrote:
At 4/2/09 03:05 PM, henke37 wrote: Anyone got a complete set of word filters?
Newgrounds -> China
Flash -> Mental Excersice
Game -> Physicsal Excersize
The -> (nothing)
A -> (nothing)
Tom - Chairman Fulp
BBS - Rice paddies
Think - Accept
(Unknown) - Bicycle

I think that's all of them, but I'm not sure what word was turned bicycle.

i know a few more

Bullshit-> bowl of rice
Fuck-> revolutionizing
Annoying->empowering
Dead->reincarnated
ugly->beutiful
Angry Faic->happy

(i found these by looking through my past posts)

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:47:33

WOW erm all but the part of the canadian communist i was about to scream, if you'd think blocking 20% of your sights content is good for it then be my guest rejoin that bullcrap chinese deal if you dont then I know that big corporations have some brain to them, just think about your viewers if you do rejoin with the chinese they will cry and most of them will leave me included i havn't logged on in a while but i do play games with this sight, seriously if you want to join with the chinese watch out for their loop holes, they can be very detrimental for american websites you know because the only people in america who know chinese are either in or out of college, or have moved to america for lack of FREEDOM, when you join with them completely you might as well tear down the american flag and put up a chinese communist flag, this would outrage all of your aussie american french british probably russian, and just about every one else who isn't fromthe far east, or communist, this would also greatly anger your advertisers who payed big money to have reserved spots on your sight, communists of which china is right now do not believe in "OWNED PROPERTY" including your own home, if china were to take over america tomorow they would probably leave our churches alone but they wouldn't let us have "property" if you think thats a good thing then again go to your american flag and ripp-it to shreads, be a communist and have a nice but rather limited life, but if you dislike what i have told you guys, p-bot this is also to you not just tom and congratulations on the son tom, if this "MERGER OF EVIL" as i will call it were to happen again who knows what could happen you'd through the world into chaos, who knows what could happen i say again, maybe russia could start to harbor hatred for their chinese neighbors, or the chinese could become more cocky and try to buy out more american based forum/blog sights, DO NOT DO THIS ITS HORRIBLE ITS MUTANY AND WILL BRING THE END TO NG.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:48:08

Free Tibet!
No need to say anything more.
oh. may gonna make something for pico's day.
Was it april fools or not?

You should go to sleep.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:48:32

I'll admit, I took the change seriously for a few moments. I read through the link in the news update about Google, but when it said that Google's Chinese servers filter out Tienemen Square, amung other points, I knew it was a lie. The new header icon was the incident in Tienemen Square. A friend of mine pointed out that a lot of the changes going on could only make China hate us more. Given the painfully obvious fact that it was April Fool's day, I can make only two assumptions about the people who made these and similar responces. A) They were trying to come up with outrageous reactions to vie for a space on this very post the next day, or B) they are complete idiots who fell for the clearly obvious joke it was supposed to be.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:50:24

Screw tibet??????
SCREW TIBET????????
Screw you, you damn commie!

You should go to sleep.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:50:36

Ahahaha

people's gullibility never ceases to amaze me

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 15:51:08

Well, out of 24 hours of "WTF I WANT TO POST!", I got a sig. Awesome. But the red burnt my eyes so much, thank god it ended.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 16:00:02

Boo, bring back the commies

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 16:00:44

Ha ha , Take that you Commys

Re-Blocked in China

Greg SKA-Sly Assasin

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 16:02:13

This was kind of clever for about 15 minutes. Then it got really stupid.

You probably lost alot of artists by not allowing their games to be accessed for a whole day. That's like giving all the clean artists on here a head start.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 16:02:17

At 4/2/09 03:47 PM, hiroe wrote: WALL OF TEXT

wat

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 16:02:41

Chairman Fulp and other admins... Exactly how many words DID you censor yesterday? It seems like you must have been coming up with a list all year, because there were a TON of words.

~

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-02 16:03:49

I agree with you tom you should do what ever it takes to spread NG acroos the world. imean com'n people seriously don't blame tom fulp the great guy who made newgrounds. It's not his fault that the Chinese government officials chose to be communist. He was just trying to spread the word of newground the greatest web site in the whole freakin world.

NG respect

Re-Blocked in China