00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Next Big Wow Expansion Pack

1,825 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-07 17:46:25

okay, there has been talk around Blizzard that from the sucess of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, that they have already begun to brain storm ideas for the next big patch and or expansion pack for WoW.

Even on the Realm (server), Sisters of Elune, non-blizzard players, so that just normal old players got into a talk about what they would like to see in the next patch and/or expansion pack....

Those idea's included...

NEW HERO CLASSES
+Necromancer (same starting area as the Death Knight)
+Vampire
+Worgen (the werewolfs) (((a favorite idea for a hero class on the server)))
+Sage or Elder
NEW AREA'S
+Gilneas Lvl 35 to 50 (possible starting area for Worgen/Werewolfs)
+The Sunken Islands Lvl 78 to 84
+Stormreaver Wreakage Lvl 80 to 84
+Nazatjar Lvl 86 to 90
+Kul Tiras Lvl 82 to 86
NEW INSTANCES
+Ruins of Zin Azshari
+Tomb of Sargaeras
+Illidan's Detentionary
+CoT: Battle at the Sunken Islands (Alliance Only) Kul Tiras Wins
+CoT: Stormwind Massacre (Horde Only) Black Rock Clan Wins
+CoT: Battle of the Capitol City (Alliance Only) Lordearon Wins
+Cot: Battle of Grim Batol (Horde Only) Dragonmaw Clan Wins
+Cot: The Sundering (Alliance Only) Night Elven Moonguard Wins
+CoT: Reopening of the Dark Portal pt.1 (Horde Only) Warsong Clan Wins
+CoT: Reopening of the Dark Portal pt. 2 (Alliance Only) Nethergarde Wins
+Cot: Orcs first steps into Azeroth (Horde Only) Shattered Hand Clan Wins
NEW PROFESSIONS
+Piracy (lockpicking, key smithing, water based items, creates water mounts (Boats))
+Scholarism (relic, sigil, totem, tome, ankh, creation, creates books to understand other languages)
+Craftsmen (creates trinkets, weapon enhancements, bags, etc.)
+++Bonus Skill Slot: Once level 30 is reached, one can master a third tradeskill up to lvl 300
+Bonus Inteligence from: Engineering, Scholarism, Enchanting, and Inscription)
+Bonus Spirit from: Enchanting, Craftsmenship, Jewelcrafting)
+Bonus Strength from: Blacksmithing)
+Bonus Agility from: Piracy, Leatherworking)
+Bonus 5 to 40 mana per 5 sec from: Tailoring, Alchemy)
SUBTLE BONUSES
+plus 1 reputation for killing certain mobs, if your alliance, and you kill an orc in wetlands
+subtracting reputation from permanantly hostile factions
+collectable instance maps if the zone the instance is located in is fully explored
+hearth stone cool down down to 50 minute cooldown rather than 60 minutes
+water mounts at lvl 80, useable everywhere
+colorchooser for unguilded guild tabards
+Night Elfs +2% health from 5pm to 8am realmtime
+Blood Elfs +2% health from 9am to 4pm realmtime
+Undead +2% health when in eastern kingdoms
+Humans +8% health when in a friendly town
+Trolls +5% health when in a group of at least 1 other troll, for each non troll it goes down 1%
+Tauren +2% health when in Kalimdor
+Dwarves: +5% health when in a group of at least 1 other dwarf of gnome, same as trolls
+Gnomes: same as dwarves
+Orcs: +2% health when in outland
+dreanei +2% health when in outland
+Full Groups cause all party members to have a 1 health point regen increase
+making 10 or more kills in a BG cause you to have 5% faster health regen until Udie nxt or leave BG
+healing 5 or more ppl in a BG cause you to have 5% faster health regen til Udie nxt or leave the BG
+ressurecting another person in a BG causes U 2 have 5% faster Health regen til Udie nxt or leave BG
+Being "Tipsey" causes you to have +1 spirit, +1 strength, and -1 stamina
+Being "Drunk" causes you to have +2 spirit, +3 strength, and -2 stamina
+Being "Smashed" causes you to have +2 spirit, +4 strength, -2 stamina, and -1 intel
+Being "WASTED" causes you to have +1 spirit, +10 strengeth, -1 stamina, and -2 intel
+eating any food for full duration of eating will make you at least full for 2 min's for the buff
+certain emotes draw aggro by 1% to 3%, such as /spit, /taunt, /challenge, /insult, /punch, etc....
+More Factions, like turn non factioned NCP's to a neu faction.

There is ALOT people would like to see.... i personally think instead of adding a new continent, just add some new areas, but space them apart, raise lvl cap to 90, and make ALOT of subtle changes to gameplay like when your charactor is drunk.... shouldnt that have some effect? i think i should. Make the same have more realistic qualities to it. When you target an enemy and type "/spit" and the emote says you spit on the enemy, the aggro should go up at least a little, it would make the game more realistic, just like having fields of advantage, like if an Orc is in Outland haveing increased health is not too much to ask as a home field advantage.

Obviously, some of these things are kind of.... stupid, Piracy as a profession.... idk bout that.... However Scholarism, being able to learn how to understand, NOT type in their language, but to understand what is typed to you from "Common" to "Darnassian" or even, "Trollish" to "Gnomish"!

Even charactor personalizers would be cool.... such as when creating a charactor, be able to change eye color, muscle build, weight...
for example
a charactor that is.... high in weight and low in muscle build might have increased strength, but -5% run speed and mounted and swim speed.
a charactor that is low in weight, and high in muscle build may have increased strength, less stamina, but normal run speed.
This could even help RPing in the game.
One thing talked about alot was Charactor posture and height, no special traits, just the fact of thats how it looks, make it subtle change to it, but none the less...

... it IS those small, yet extremely in depth things that can make a great game even better!

NOW:
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEXT WoW PATCH OR EXPANSION PACK????

"when the truth walks away, everyones gunna stay, cuz the truth about the world is that crime does pay!" -the offspring

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-07 17:51:11

I'd like to see the WoW servers explode into a hellfire.

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-07 17:54:46

Give em a break they didnt even put Arthas in the game yet.

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-07 18:22:22

Vampire? thats gay! this makes me hate WoW even more, yet i still play

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-07 19:08:07

I've not played WoW for ages, but I'd always assumed the next expansion would involve The Maelstrom, be ocean-based and have Azshara as the main instance Boss. According to the Wiki she's huge and near God-like in power, perfect for a main expansion Boss. Not to mention this ambiguously vague article from the website hints towards something to do with the ocean in the near future.

Probably wrong, but these were just my thoughts as I grinded through the game.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-07 19:08:26

At 2/7/09 05:54 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: Give em a break they didnt even put Arthas in the game yet.

It's for the best.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-08 08:37:49

Out of EVERYTHING on this entire page, only Gilneas has a remote chance of entering the game, even then Metzen himself said "we forgot about Gilneas...."

DEEZNUTS

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-08 09:43:07

At 2/7/09 07:08 PM, WilliWowza wrote: Not to mention this ambiguously vague article from the website hints towards something to do with the ocean in the near future.

If that is the case, the mysterious and somewhat underestimated murlocs may be the world's first glimpse at something far more terrifying.

fucking Blizzard and their diddling.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-08 13:42:19

Pandaren Brewmaster Hero Class.

It's for the best.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-08 18:25:40

Emerald Dream, Dragoon Hero Class and Azshara Crater Plox.

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-08 18:38:08

I'm waiting for Space Marine Equipment and Zerg mount.

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-08 18:49:29

At 2/8/09 06:38 PM, McZero wrote: I'm waiting for Space Marine Equipment and Zerg mount.

ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-08 21:13:15

At 2/8/09 01:42 PM, Ledgey wrote: Pandaren Brewmaster Hero Class.

no no no.

just Brewmaster Hero Class, for any race.

and a Pandaren race.

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-08 23:01:48

they should name it....WOW, were gonna rip you off and make you pay us $15 monthly motherfucker!

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-09 02:12:41

At 2/8/09 11:01 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: they should name it....WOW, were gonna rip you off and make you pay us $15 monthly motherfucker!

why is it that every WoW topic has to be filled with stupid uninteligent crap like this that adds nothing to the disscussion?

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-09 11:46:21

At 2/9/09 02:12 AM, homor wrote:
At 2/8/09 11:01 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: they should name it....WOW, were gonna rip you off and make you pay us $15 monthly motherfucker!
why is it that every WoW topic has to be filled with stupid uninteligent crap like this that adds nothing to the disscussion?

A mixture of sterotypes, people who can't afford to play OR get private servers and basic stupidity.

It will never end as long as WoW is the biggest MMO.

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-09 11:48:05

At 2/8/09 09:13 PM, homor wrote:
At 2/8/09 01:42 PM, Ledgey wrote: Pandaren Brewmaster Hero Class.
no no no.

just Brewmaster Hero Class, for any race.

THis is wow sucks, LOL FUCK THE LOOOOORE, EVERYONE CAN BREW SHIT LIKE PANDAS.

and a Pandaren race.

Fuck year.

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-09 15:22:39

At 2/8/09 11:01 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:

sorry, i just love making fun of wow. anyway for the most part thats actually true what i said...

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-09 15:25:19

I still don't have The Wrath of the Lich King, or The Burning Crusade for that matter.

I've only had the game a couple of weeks though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-09 15:27:56

At 2/9/09 11:46 AM, sirbobsalot2 wrote:
At 2/8/09 11:01 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:
A mixture of sterotypes, people who can't afford to play OR get private servers and basic stupidity.

It will never end as long as WoW is the biggest MMO.

i used to play WoW, it was pretty fun...but shit...im not gonna pay that much for ONE damn game... $50 for the game and $15 monthly...hmpf and $50 for each expansion...WOW what a ripoff...i stopped playing cuz i knew that another expansion would come out after burning crusade and another and another and so on. so why pay $15 monthly while spending over$140 on the games alone just to play WoTLK??? so i stopped playing once i realized its a FUCKING RIPOFF....i have the money to play...i just dont want to waste $$$

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-13 21:32:02

At 2/8/09 08:37 AM, Zetvirus55 wrote: Out of EVERYTHING on this entire page, only Gilneas has a remote chance of entering the game, even then Metzen himself said "we forgot about Gilneas...."

very true. very true...

"when the truth walks away, everyones gunna stay, cuz the truth about the world is that crime does pay!" -the offspring

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-13 22:00:36

ok, guys, theyve already pretty much clarified that the next 2 are gonna be emerald dream and then maelstrom, not necsisarily in that order, but those are it.

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-14 05:11:19

At 2/13/09 10:00 PM, rougefire wrote: emerald dream and then maelstrom,

i hope they add Pandari and Kul'Trias.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Next Big Wow Expansion Pack 2009-02-14 08:01:23

Omg i hate WoW but i would definately try it out if they added the pandaerian class. Omg that would be epic. In warcraft III he was the shit.

BBS Signature