00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blurzapper just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The angry video game nerd

1,831 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 20:21:35

so what do you angry gamers think of the angry video game nerd?

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 20:28:30

I have been watching him from 2006 and his stuff is pretty good. He tries to to nit pick on the little things and really goes for there was no excuse for these games being that bad even if they were old. I also like his reviews of the classic consoles and their add ons. I think he knows when to stop and what is too much and I think he is truly dedicated to his fans and not a sell out. His other account Cinamassacre also has a lot of good stuff. He has a lot of movies he has made over the years and reviews of movies

The first episode I ever saw of his was the Bible video game review and that was hilarious.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 20:29:05

I think some of his reviews are actually good - and it is funny when he gets angry but his new stuff aint as good as his old stuff - but I think he has a new website up and running (outside of youtube obviously) but I have seen it and think its all good :P

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 20:33:03

At 1/20/09 08:29 PM, rudd68 wrote: I think some of his reviews are actually good - and it is funny when he gets angry but his new stuff aint as good as his old stuff - but I think he has a new website up and running (outside of youtube obviously) but I have seen it and think its all good :P

Well he is part of Screw Attack which is a site that has few people in it like Destin from Hard news, they had the Gaming Jew, Cheapy D from Cheap Ass Gamer helps out a lot, Video Game Vault with Stuttering Craig and Handsome Tom.

James Rolfe (AVGN) like I said also runs http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/index.ph p

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 20:43:43

At 1/20/09 08:34 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 1/20/09 08:28 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: The first episode I ever saw of his was the Bible video game review and that was hilarious.
I was with him ever since he released Back to the Future. To me, that's when his popularity REALLY kicked off, and that episode is a true classic.

Yeah I remember when he wasn't all that well known. He use to be able to post his videos on YouTube but they started taking down his videos and that's when he started releasing them mainly on GameTrailers. Lately he has been re releasing his old reviews on YouTube though.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 20:56:44

PLAIN AWESOME

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 21:07:53

At 1/20/09 08:55 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 1/20/09 08:43 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Yeah I remember when he wasn't all that well known. He use to be able to post his videos on YouTube but they started taking down his videos and that's when he started releasing them mainly on GameTrailers. Lately he has been re releasing his old reviews on YouTube though.
GameTrailers bought ScrewAttack, and he was getting paid to do reviews now. He said that it was a good reason to switch to Gametrailers anyway, because his reviews were being deleted.

If the gametrailers videos are over a year old, he's allowed to post them on Youtube. This is good, because GameTrailers takes fucking AGES to load.

Yeah I enjoy the switch to GT. Better quality, better variety of formats to watch the episodes in, and just a better hosting site all around.

He came out with DVDs recently with all his work on it and some bonus content and they sold out almost immediately.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 21:11:40

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 21:11:43

He's pretty good.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 21:19:41

I have to say that I really don't enjoy his reviews/videos.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 22:01:20

watched all his episodes and have about 4 gigs of videos downloaded. LOVE IT

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 22:08:54

He's okay, i Subscribe. And now a pic.

The angry video game nerd

ONE DAY WILL FIND OUT THAT PUPPIES LIVED WITH DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 22:22:23

I watched him before he was popular, which was about a week or so before he uploaded his Back to the Future video. Anyway, his new videos are great, but they don't seem to be as good as his originals. I'm not sure what I like about the older videos, I guess it might be because they wern't focused on flashy effects like his new video are.

I also watch majority of the other ScrewAttack series. It's definatly a great website, especially Hard News.

BBS Signature

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-20 23:52:01

I will always love him

b

BBS Signature

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 00:25:31

At 1/20/09 08:24 PM, VJoe10 wrote: I know about it but have never seen anything about it.

Why are you posting this shit comic ?

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 00:28:39

I like him, how he goes through the stuff that would have probably made you really mad if you were a kid back in those classic gaming days.

I've started watching the Nostalgia Critic, and I can definitely see why they had that "rivalry" almost all last year. They're both good at what the do (but the NC sucks at reviewing games).

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 00:30:42

At 1/21/09 12:28 AM, firemaker60 wrote: I like him, how he goes through the stuff that would have probably made you really mad if you were a kid back in those classic gaming days.

I've started watching the Nostalgia Critic, and I can definitely see why they had that "rivalry" almost all last year. They're both good at what the do (but the NC sucks at reviewing games).

No, in fact I think he was better than the AVGN and overall better too, they all have different styles and I love them both tough.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 00:33:23

At 1/21/09 12:30 AM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 1/21/09 12:28 AM, firemaker60 wrote: I like him, how he goes through the stuff that would have probably made you really mad if you were a kid back in those classic gaming days.

No, in fact I think he was better than the AVGN and overall better too, they all have different styles and I love them both tough.

NC is boring and fed off the attention of the fake feud between him and then AVGN. He's always putting on an act to try and be funny and it fails most of the time. IMO anyway.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 01:07:02

At 1/20/09 08:24 PM, VJoe10 wrote: I know about it but have never seen anything about it.

Stop picture spamming.

BBS Signature

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 06:12:07

One of the internet shows that still seems to keep itself somewhat fresh, and hasn't dried up like Pure Pwnage has.

Still great imo.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 07:18:06

Sometimes after watching a video by him I'll go play a game (old or new) and I'll yell out stuff like he does.

BBS Signature

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 08:47:55

At 1/20/09 08:28 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
The first episode I ever saw of his was the Bible video game review and that was hilarious.

I do remember the joke of : 'Nobody fucks with Noah, not even Chuck Norris'
The onlky thing I could do is crack myself until I DIE.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 08:56:44

I think AVNG's problem isn't that the games he play suck. I think his problem is that he's too busy downing Crack Danielses and not working enough on getting good at games.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 08:57:54

Also, I think he's a closet furry. How else do you explain his going into graphic detail about how he'd rather have animals defecate on him than to play games?

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 11:17:08

His videos are entertaining but I can't say I'm a big fan of his sudden "lets do 7 video games in one 6 minute video" style.

I liked it better when he just had one or two games and really dove into the depths of how much they suck. You got to see multiple stages... now days, you get a 30 second clip of him dying in the first stage and 5 minutes of him in a stupid costume shouting "fuck".

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to The angry video game nerd 2009-01-21 19:08:48

At 1/21/09 08:56 AM, KeithHybrid wrote: I think AVNG's problem isn't that the games he play suck. I think his problem is that he's too busy downing Crack Danielses and not working enough on getting good at games.

Thats the whole point......... He tells you what games to stay away from, and for the record, he did review ONE good game which was super mario bros 3.