00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dasharky3D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Playing brawl with my friends sucks

940 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Brawl is one of my favourite games but when i go to my friends house and play brawl with them if we dont have 4 controllers for everybody for some reason they like to fill up the rest of the spots with cpu players, level THREE ones. They say it makes it more challenging, I guess so but what's the point if it takes out the fun. It takes out the point of playing with friends when I can VS a cpu any time

Not to mention 1 of them complains and demands a free shot if you hit him whilst taunting and likes to state the obvious. Also he uses Ike and Pit.

They're cool people but they're really weird around video games, one time there was 4 people and 3 controllers (1 had run out of batteries) so we were passing the wiimotes around and one time that same guy from the last paragraph actually stopped and quit the battle half-way through because his name wasn't above his player

and they both use the nunchuck & wiimote combo when playing, not that it makes a difference.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 05:35:09

What a bunch of retards.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 07:05:25

At 1/20/09 04:42 AM, Nikmalev wrote: Brawl is one of my favourite games but when i go to my friends house and play brawl with them if we dont have 4 controllers for everybody for some reason they like to fill up the rest of the spots with cpu players, level THREE ones. They say it makes it more challenging, I guess so but what's the point if it takes out the fun. It takes out the point of playing with friends when I can VS a cpu any time

Not to mention 1 of them complains and demands a free shot if you hit him whilst taunting and likes to state the obvious. Also he uses Ike and Pit.

They're cool people but they're really weird around video games, one time there was 4 people and 3 controllers (1 had run out of batteries) so we were passing the wiimotes around and one time that same guy from the last paragraph actually stopped and quit the battle half-way through because his name wasn't above his player

and they both use the nunchuck & wiimote combo when playing, not that it makes a difference.

Ok, filling up the rest of the spots isn't too bad but when you say it makes it more fun by making them lvl 3 I suppose you mean it's too easy? I don't see how that makes it more challenging. However having more people in the match does make it more hardcore. Now if you're hit while taunting that's just too bad. If he thinks he gets a free shot then he's wrong. Taunting is a way off pissing off other players even more after killing them or something so if you are hit during that attack then don't bitch that your plan didn't work. There is a reason why you can't move or attack while taunting.

I don't get why you have a problem with Ike and Pit, they're reasonably good characters. Ike is one of my top 3 for his power and Pit is handy as he can fly.

And I'm sure the guy quit the match not because his name was over his guy but because he was losing most likely. It really doesn't matter if it's your name or not.

And I actually do prefer to use the nunchuck because it's easier to press the buttons then with side ways to me. So it technically does make a difference because it's a lot easier to play with a controller you're familiar with.

So when this stuff does happen just tell 'em to stop bitching and play.

If Heavy Metal is so evil, why would God create it? BECAUSE I FUCKING TOLD HIM TO, BITCH!!

BBS Signature

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 09:38:34

I don't think I want to know what items they put on...

PS3 ID: MEPHILIS

If you're using a sniper rifle, it's called sniping. When you're NOT using a sniper rifle, it's called camping.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 11:22:39

Comps when we play with friends are retarded.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 11:31:38

Man your friends sounds like morons, i have a friend who always wanted to team up against bots when we used to play melee, i thought it was more fun to kick eachother asses but he would rather play "co-op".

BBS Signature

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 11:42:11

At 1/20/09 04:42 AM, Nikmalev wrote: Brawl is one of my favourite games but when i go to my friends house and play brawl with them if we dont have 4 controllers for everybody for some reason they like to fill up the rest of the spots with cpu players, level THREE ones. They say it makes it more challenging, I guess so but what's the point if it takes out the fun. It takes out the point of playing with friends when I can VS a cpu any time

Thats why you get new friends. Don't get rid of the old ones...just get new ones.

Its perfectly normal now to have more than one set of friends. I have four friends I game with, watch movies with and whatever. These are my "best friends."

They're not too athletically inclined though... so me and one of the other guys hang out with a few "good friends" we've made and play football, basketball, etc...

Likewise, neither party likes to discuss anything too serious, so I'm "buddies" with these other two guys and I talk politics with them...

You get where I'm going with this? You can desperately search for friends that satisfy perfectly every last one of your interests and hobbies, but you'll be hard pressed to do so.

Easier just to make some new gaming buddies.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 11:58:26

Your friends sound like morons to me.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 14:49:28

See this is why nintendo needs to dive into the whole online game thing. with voice chat and no more friend codes just usernames. Cause there isn't just enough people playing Brawl

BBS Signature

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 15:32:02

I dont even know who is that friend of yours who quit the battle halfways through but I know I want to set his house on fire.

Why does my mind feel so happy?

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 15:38:22

Yeah your friend who is a pansy ass bitch.

"Free hit while taunting" and "stopping in the middle of the match"

Either don't let him play or turn on a CPU at Lv.7

Chances are he'll say

"NOOOOOOO that's not fair."

Let me guess when you hit him while taunting you get this from him.

"You hit me while I was taunting/posing I get a free hit."

If he says this again then don't listen to him. Remember he'd do the same to you.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 16:22:21

At 1/20/09 03:38 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
"You hit me while I was taunting/posing I get a free hit."
If he says this again then don't listen to him. Remember he'd do the same to you.

...Or you could taunt when hes about to hit you and get yourself a free hit...and make it a charged smash L=

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 17:08:43

At 1/20/09 11:22 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: Comps when we play with friends are retarded.

CPUs were actually designed to learn from human patterns. So, I can see why.

I don't play with my RL friends since they just plain suck at the game. Playing with my crew is great fun though.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 17:13:39

At 1/20/09 04:22 PM, exmorbid wrote: ...Or you could taunt when hes about to hit you and get yourself a free hit...and make it a charged smash L=

On a reverse psychology note that's not a bad idea.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-20 17:33:27

I played Brawl at my cousin's house...I was not impressed. It was fun for a few minutes, but then I got bored out of my skull and started playing Red Steel. That is fun.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-21 02:04:20

hey i liked playing brawl for a while but my friend who LOVES to play it is just to good for three of us even if we teem up so sometimes i like to turn on the cpu's just so i can actually kill someone.
the taunting thing is gay, just ignore him and kick his ass.
i personally like the game cube controllers, but that's just personal preference and they don't need batteries.

The meaning of life has been discovered

BBS Signature

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-21 02:08:49

At 1/20/09 02:49 PM, SeanJon10 wrote: See this is why nintendo needs to dive into the whole online game thing. with voice chat and no more friend codes just usernames. Cause there isn't just enough people playing Brawl

No. Games like Smash should stay offline. Any slight lag kills it.
And people don't play Brawl because it's boring compared to Melee.

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-21 02:15:04

now you're one mean guy....

BBS Signature

Response to Playing brawl with my friends sucks 2009-01-21 02:21:47

Agreed. Melee is much faster paced. Although every time I play it I really miss some of the new items. Okay, all of the new items. And Wario... On the plus side, no Sonic, no Diddy and no Pit. I thought Pit would at least be cool, but he's not. Also, I loved the air dodge in Melee. I still get KO'd a lot in Brawl because I got in the habit of air dodging up to get back on the level instead of Up + B because it was noticably faster (and in some cases, more effective). Now I just try and watch as my air dodge sends me plummeting to my death.
Fortunately, my friends are actually cool. When we MP Brawl, we don't bitch and moan about other people being unfair. We just bitch and moan about Random Character giving us Diddy 3 times in a row (an all-too-common occurence). Oh, and we always use level 9's. Too bad the handicap system sucks now. Just for kicks in Melee (we still do this sometimes) we would just take our 3 best characters and team up (at handicap 1) against a level 9 Bowser (handicap 9) I have literally seen his breath send people to their death.

Oh, quhzk! That's what the duck says! - Toki Wartooth