00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Grimlock1974 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Played Street Fighter Iv

725 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I Played Street Fighter Iv 2009-01-15 19:19:20

A couple of days ago, when I was at my local city I found it in an arcade.
It's pretty sweet if I do say so myself, I only got to play one round but it damn awesome. Everything that I expected it to be.

I'll be definitely be picking it up once it hits the consoles.

Response to I Played Street Fighter Iv 2009-01-20 18:55:22

holy crap i wish i could do that. anything new or interesting, how strong is dan?send me private messages, do they have new moves?they have vega?

THE G0D 0F WAR

BBS Signature

Response to I Played Street Fighter Iv 2009-01-20 18:58:50

You're probably about the only one on the BBS who's played it yet, you need to give us some more info man, don't leave us hanging like this...

BBS Signature

Response to I Played Street Fighter Iv 2009-01-22 03:59:47

At 1/20/09 06:58 PM, SoaSJuGGaLoSoLDieR wrote: You're probably about the only one on the BBS who's played it yet, you need to give us some more info man, don't leave us hanging like this...

Oh, I didn't think anyone was interested.
I only played onefight, but here's how it went down in full detail.

I was walking around an arcade with some other NGers at the Melbourne NG meet-up, wandering around seeing the various arcade games that you'd expect to see.

We turn a corner and we see to guys fighting it out on a fighting game of some sort. I looked to the top of the machine to read the title and I almost shat myself right there. "Street Fighter IV" it read.
The two guys that were already on it looked around in their thirties, one was playing as Ryu, and the other as Guile. As I watched there were various hadokens and sonic booms being thrown out and until Ryu ate the dirt and was defeated. The two shook hands and mentioned something about a great game and the loser pissed of to some other part of the arcade. The winner went on to play by himself in arcade mode.

Now I noticed that there were three machines, I asked fellow NGer Night-mare if he'd like to play a round with me, but he said something like "oh, i'm not good at those kind of games". Then I noticed that the middle machine wasn't operating, and the guy there didn't look like he was budging any time soon so we wouldn't have been able to anyhow.

So I stepped up to the machine, inserted my money and of I went on my experience.
The other fellow must of seen me because on my screen flashed up the most awesome "HERE COMES A CHALLENGER"-eqse art i've ever seen.
Now to choose my character, my opponent's character was already set as Guile, but I already knew who i'd be playing as. I went though the various characters until I found him, Blanka, my favorite Street Fighter character of all time.

And so the match begun. I started of with my usual tactic of jumping towards my opponent, button mashing and then pulling of that electric move. It's a pretty cheap tactic, but hey, that's how I play.
It played exactly how I thought it would, just like your average 2D fighter with awesome 3D graphics.
The other guy must have been worn down from the last match because the first round went to yours truly. I was feeling pretty good, I thought I might have a chance of beating this guy.

The second round started and a barrage of sonic booms headed my way, I was able to avoid most of them, I pulled off a few grab attacks along the way but that wasn't enough. The second round went to the other guy.

Now this guy must have been paying attention to all the jumping I was doing, because in the third round he called of the sonic booms because he knew that I could easily jump them and focused on doing some "backflip-in-the-air-and-kick-me" attack. So I saw what he was doing and focused on keeping to the ground, but every time I did he came in with the sonic booms again.
He had me exactly where he wanted me, and since Blanka has no projectile attacks (none that I know of anyway) this fight was won by him.

After my defeat he walked over to my machine and asked "which buttons do you press to grab?". Having no idea myself since I was practically button mashing the whole time said "Uh, I think it's these two or something" and pointed to the first two buttons he thanked me and headed back over to his machine to play by himself.

As we hung around the arcade, I wanted to go back and have another shot. But I evened up getting addicted to those brick stacking games and never go around to it.

The end.

Response to I Played Street Fighter Iv 2009-01-22 04:01:25

;tldr, I played Street Fighter IV and lost.

Response to I Played Street Fighter Iv 2009-01-22 04:14:13

At 1/15/09 07:19 PM, carbonwater wrote: A couple of days ago, when I was at my local city I found it in an arcade.
It's pretty sweet if I do say so myself, I only got to play one round

hahaha u suck

Response to I Played Street Fighter Iv 2009-01-22 04:18:10

At 1/22/09 04:14 AM, Frank wrote: hahaha u suck

Coming from a guy that looks like this.

I Played Street Fighter Iv

Response to I Played Street Fighter Iv 2009-01-22 06:43:46

At 1/15/09 07:19 PM, carbonwater wrote: I'll be definitely be picking it up once it hits the consoles.

Better than the original? :P

The latest: Hexa #98 (Jun)

BBS Signature