00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest

506,732 Views | 1,639 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 13:14:47

One of the rules should be "No box gags".

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 13:15:34

At 1/3/09 01:14 PM, AlmightyHans wrote: One of the rules should be "No box gags".

No Box gags?! This isn't MGS? Did i miss something?

Marvel vs Capcom x Konami - Super Flash Rotoscope Remix :: Coming Soon

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 13:28:25

Great idea for the tons of artists in newgrounds i love it =) its awesome! and very fun. PLus you can get lots of moolah

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 13:45:23

LOL, I'm almost done, THAT'S super sonic speed... actually I started half a month ago, I knew this'd happen. However, I'm such a looser, I downloaded the full game series just for this collab, y'now, for inspiration, also, no gay jokes over Ryu and Ken, I already OWNED that... actually no, my one isn't only about that, so whatever... also, random Akuma drawing!!!

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 13:56:17

At 1/3/09 01:45 PM, Zyphonee wrote: LOL, I'm almost done, THAT'S super sonic speed...

To be frank with you, that looks, mediocre, his hand looks fucked up man...

Marvel vs Capcom x Konami - Super Flash Rotoscope Remix :: Coming Soon

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:00:03

Epiiiiiic. :D Street Fighter is amazing! I think I'll make a contribution to it!

Here's some Street Fighter fanart I did like a year ago to add to the spirit of SF! :)

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:02:37

Stamper, if Tom hasn't sent my tablet yet, put a personal "Fuck You" letter along with it.

I'll put something out.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:03:40

I missed Metal Gear Collab due to laziness, I am not going to miss this one. =D Can't wait for Street Fighter 4.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:04:00

I love Metal Gear but this sounds even cooler x.x Wish I could do something to participate but I don't animate. Do you need your events coded? I can totally take that out of mike or toms or whoever's hands, I can add an event listener like you wouldn't believe =.=

HADOUKEN.
SHORYUKEN.

Sonic Boom!.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:10:15

Here is my cammy so far :P going to be sick

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:14:48

FUCK THIS SHIT why cant you guys organise a collab about something REALLY COOL?

like SimLife

SIMLIFE IS MAGNIFICENT

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:22:27

At 1/3/09 02:14 PM, W-P-S wrote: FUCK THIS SHIT why cant you guys organise a collab about something REALLY COOL?

like SimLife

SIMLIFE IS MAGNIFICENT

Why don't you?

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:31:18

At 1/3/09 02:25 PM, Calicard wrote: Which one is the American one that says "Sonic boom!" ?

That was Jean Claude Van-Damme

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:31:26

MY PART:
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/030109/4 1337_Inspector_Swf.php

Inspector Gadget is an animated television series about a clumsy, absent-minded and oblivious detective, Inspector Gadget, who is a human being with various bionic "gadgets" built into his anatomy. Gadget's main nemesis is the mysterious Dr. Claw, leader of an evil organization known as MAD. This was the first syndicated cartoon show from DIC Entertainment (as well as the first from the company to be created specifically for American viewers, along with The Littles and Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats) and ran from 1983 to 1986 in syndication. This article pertains to the original cartoon series and its characters and plots; for information on its later spinoffs, see Inspector Gadget spinoff incarnations.

The series was a co-production between DIC and Nelvana, with the animation work outsourced to foreign studios such as Tokyo Movie Shinsha in Japan and Cuckoo's Nest Studio in Taiwan.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Cast of characters
o 1.1 Inspector Gadget
o 1.2 Penny
o 1.3 Brain
o 1.4 Dr. Claw
o 1.5 M.A.D. Cat
o 1.6 Chief Quimby
o 1.7 Corporal Capeman
* 2 Plot
* 3 Episodes
* 4 Inspector Gadget's gadgets
o 4.1 Most commonly used gadgets
o 4.2 Other gadgets
o 4.3 Operation of the gadgets
* 5 The Gadgetmobile
* 6 Penny and Brain's gadgets
* 7 MAD
* 8 Conception
o 8.1 Original pilot episode
o 8.2 Season 1
o 8.3 Changes for Season 2 and declining popularity
* 9 Music
o 9.1 Soundtrack
o 9.2 Parody
* 10 DVD releases
* 11 Broadcast history
* 12 See also
* 13 References
* 14 External links

[edit] Cast of characters

[edit] Inspector Gadget
Gadget, the bumbling inspector

Inspector Gadget, voiced by Don Adams, is a bumbling detective with gadgets built into his body. His fashion sense resembles that of Inspector Clouseau from the Pink Panther movies. Often cluelessly stumbling through any case he is given, Gadget frequently ignorantly makes foolish mistakes pertaining to surroundings and current environment, mistaking innocent bystanders (and Brain) for enemies, and believing that the real enemies are friends. His ineptitude always leads him into danger, but he always gets out of trouble through either his trusty gadgets (most notably his springs), Penny's interference, or pure luck. The episode, "M.A.D. Trap", is one of the few episodes in which Gadget actually shows some competence. When Dr. Claw traps him in a steel foundry, he uses his gadgets flawlessly to save Penny and Brain. Later, in "The Moral", Penny and Brain muse that it was a good thing his gadgets were in top shape. Occasionally, he also inadvertently helps Penny solve the case, with his bungling either distracting Dr. Claw or setting things up for Penny to do her work. The nearest Gadget ever gets to capturing Dr. Claw is in the opening teaser of each episode in which Gadget handcuffs a decoy metal glove, only to have a bomb explode in his face. However, this is meant to demonstrate that Claw always manages to escape justice and was never seen in any actual episode. Gadget's catchphrase is "Wowsers!".

[edit] Penny
Penny as seen in the show's opening

Penny, voiced by Cree Summer, then by Holly Berger, is Gadget's precocious niece. Inspector Gadget is her guardian and caretaker, though often she seems more suited to be his caretaker due to Gadget's clumsiness. Unknown to any of the recurring characters other than Brain, she is a master of investigation and technology who is the one truly responsible for foiling M.A.D.'s schemes. Penny's principal crime-fighting tool is a high-tech Computer Book capable of breaking codes, surveiling buildings and overriding practically any sort of machine or device. Using the book, Penny is able to monitor Gadget's activities and-with Brain's help-surreptitiously help him avoid numerous potential catastrophes that result from his absent-mindedness while uncovering the true nature of Dr. Claw's plot and foiling it. She often plays the helpless damsel-in-distress role and Brain usually saves her, but she escapes by herself sometimes. Her name is Sophie in the French, Italian and German version, Karen in the Israeli version and Lily in few episodes of second season in Polish version.

[edit] Brain

Main article: Brain (Inspector Gadget)

Brain, Gadget and Penny's faithful companion

Brain, voiced by Frank Welker, is Penny's dog. He assists her in keeping Gadget out of danger and solving the crime. He is a master of disguise and dresses up in order to watch over Gadget and save him from attempts on his life. Although Gadget is in contact with Brain almost the entire time while he is supposedly solving a case, Gadget never sees through his disguises (and as often as not, Gadget assumes Brain is a M.A.D. agent while ignoring all the real ones). Brain's collar is outfitted with a retractable video communications system linked to a computer wristwatch Penny wears that allows her to relay information on Gadget's activity, or warn Brain as to the whereabouts of M.A.D. agents. Brain can speak a human language, though in a gruff "dog" voice (with a speech impediment featuring constant uses of the letter "r"), similar to Astro of The Jetsons or Scooby-Doo. Sometimes it is impossible to understand what Brain is saying. In a pinch, Brain will resort to pantomime and physical gestures to communicate effectively. His name is Finot in the French and the German version.

[edit] Dr. Claw

Main article: Doctor Claw

Dr. Claw, voiced by Frank Welker (and in some episodes, Don Francks), is the main villain in the series and leader of the evil organization known as M.A.D. He speaks in a deep, menacing, ominous-sounding voice and his face and the majority of his body are never shown throughout the series; only his arms and gloved hands are visible. He is usually at a computer terminal where he monitors his various schemes, often in a creepy old castle. Even though he's aware of Gadget's stupidity, he believes the Inspector to be his greatest nemesis, never fully realizing that it is actually Penny and Brain who foil his plots in each episode (although he or his M.A.D. agents have captured Penny and sometimes Brain a number of times). His name is Dr. Gang in the French version and in few episodes of second season in Polish version.

[edit] M.A.D. Cat

M.A.D. Cat, voiced by Frank Welker, is Dr. Claw's fat pet cat. He is always at Dr. Claw's side, usually curled up next to Claw's control panel. M.A.D. Cat acts as a foil to Claw, often being petted when Claw is happy, to the point of being POUNDED on when Claw gets angry. M.A.D. Cat "talks" in cat sounds, and has an evil, hissing laugh.

[edit] Chief Quimby

Chief Quimby, voiced by Chris Wiggins, then by Maurice LaMarche, is Gadget's boss. He appears disguised at the beginning of each episode with his own theme music to deliver Gadget his mission only to be blown up by the self-destructing message due to Gadget's obliviousness, and appears again at the end of most episodes to congratulate Gadget on a job well done. His name is Chef Gontier in the French version.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:35:14

Can I do like 3 diff separate animated clips in the allowed 20 secs?

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:44:16

At 1/3/09 07:21 AM, Master-Samus wrote: Umm in your pic... isn't that meant to be M.Bison? Not Vega...

If you read the first line of that Wikipedia entry, you wouldve found our that M. Bison is Vega in Japan. While Balrog is M. Bison and Vega is Balrog.

Dicks

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:51:59

Hey Stamp, are we also gonna see your and Jeff's work in this collab?

everything, by me ;)

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 14:56:12

I'm not all that much of a fan of Street Fighter myself, but heck i'll give it a shot.

I KNOW THERE'S A GUY THAT DOES A SONIC BOOM MOVE. THEN I'LL HAVE SONIC RUN BY. NO ONE WILL EVER THINK OF THAT RIGHT.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 15:17:30

whats the frame rate gonna be?

I cant belive there is gonna be a mexican westler on sf4 his name is "El Fuerte"

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 15:25:20

At 1/3/09 03:17 PM, I-fang wrote: whats the frame rate gonna be?

I cant belive there is gonna be a mexican westler on sf4 his name is "El Fuerte"

They're letting mexicans into the game? Yes!

Sex.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 15:31:58

why do you hate jews D: ?
becuz hitler took over my sig >:\

OH NOES!! D:

i came, i saw, i lold

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 15:34:56

Why follow up with another video game parody?
That's really fuckin lame....

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 15:38:20

I'm gonna try really hard to submit to this! I know my art/animation won't be the best, since it will be only my second technical submission to NG (and my first one was blammed). I guess I am gonna have to go for Homur!!!

LoL wasn't it funny that I misspelled humor? ... heh

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 15:50:53

How about Dan Hibiki drawing a picture?

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 16:20:12

At 1/3/09 07:29 AM, KupaMan wrote:
At 1/3/09 07:21 AM, Master-Samus wrote: Umm in your pic... isn't that meant to be M.Bison? Not Vega...
Japan.

In Japan Bison is Vega, Vega is Balrog, and Balrog is Bison.

Bison, Tyson haha.

;D

Sig by me.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 16:29:47

Well, I somehow made it into the metal gear collab, so I guess i'll try my luck at this one.

Stretchy dicks, here I come!

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 16:30:08

Wasn't the fiasco last time due to people not flattening their text? If so, MAYBE YOU SHOULD MENTION THAT HMMMMMM?

P.S. I'm in.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 16:46:13

I agree with Mr-No-Name: We should have a Castle Crashers collab.

Keepin' Calm and Chiving On

*clickable siggy*

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 16:51:27

At 1/3/09 01:56 PM, raz183 wrote:
At 1/3/09 01:45 PM, Zyphonee wrote: LOL, I'm almost done, THAT'S super sonic speed...
To be frank with you, that looks, mediocre, his hand looks fucked up man...

And to be frank with YOU, that isn't my submission, it's just a 15 minutes quicky I made for no reason before going to swim, so... yea...

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 16:55:17

I submitted my piece. Aye, I hope it gets in.