00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Glassbomb's art thread?

6,620 Views | 66 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-02 22:39:20

full view

it's sorta older

Glassbomb's art thread?

Well, that's just radical. You're radical.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-02 22:41:16

Oh crap sorry wrong one

full view

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-03 16:13:21

At 1/2/09 10:41 PM, GlassBomb wrote: Oh crap sorry wrong one

full view

i like that skull very much

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-03 18:27:47

Very good style.

I like how every picture you make has a motto i guess.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-03 22:44:00

that first picture in the OP is really awesome. if Indie Rock was pictures instead of music, that's what it would be.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-07 19:54:45

Threadless!!!

It's approved!!!, Please fiven nao !!!

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-07 20:04:17

Your art has that 'new wave' style to it.
The kind you see on all those band-t shirts, and what not.
I can't say I don't like it.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-07 20:41:03

I like this all but the blue dude, and all the lines flying in to his mouth. i just think the colours distract you to much and are out of place. also i think he is the worst drawn one out off all of them.

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-05-14 19:41:49

At 1/2/09 10:41 PM, GlassBomb wrote: Oh crap sorry wrong one

full view

I really like this one, it's pimp.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-18 14:41:29

I totally thought this was dead like, archives dead lol, sorry renaenae

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-18 14:44:05

At 8/18/09 02:41 PM, GlassBomb wrote: I totally thought this was dead like, archives dead lol, sorry renaenae

lol, it's all good! Just add all that new delicious stuff here and I'll delete the other thread! ;)

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-18 14:50:26

Totally

full view

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-18 15:02:37

full view
done like 2 weeks ago

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-18 23:14:12

gluttony sticker c:

there's a bunch more you can't see

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-19 12:06:58

I honestly can't say I would do very good at that, it wouldn't be terrible, but it certainly wouldn't be anything fantastic. Although, I've never actually really tried it, I suppose I could give it a go.

I don't want to sound too defensive (no doubt I will) but you can't just say that cartooning doesn't have any rules, perspective comes into play (although I'm certainly bad at displaying that right now) anatomy comes into play (which I'd like to think I'm getting better at) and of course color theory is a big part of cartooning.

So I'll give a try on something realistic, but I'm not too excited about the prospect of it, I like to be psychedelic and such because I find real life to be a bit boring, I mean, not that I can't appreciate The Mona Lisa or anything, it's just that I find the idea of drawing from life a tad silly when you could draw from your head, let people see what's going on in there.

Note: Obviously drawing from life improves your skills in art TREMENDOUSLY, I'm not bashing it, I just don't choose to do it often, and I love portraits, self portraits, still life, all that.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-19 12:27:04

At 8/19/09 12:14 PM, CypressDahlia wrote:
At 8/19/09 12:06 PM, GlassBomb wrote:
I don't want to sound too defensive (no doubt I will) but you can't just say that cartooning doesn't have any rules, perspective comes into play (although I'm certainly bad at displaying that right now) anatomy comes into play (which I'd like to think I'm getting better at) and of course color theory is a big part of cartooning.
Ah, but see. Isn't it at the liberty of the artist to say it's "just a style"? As in, if your anatomy is bad, you could say it's just a style choice. I've encountered that a lot on NG. I'm not saying you do it, or that you would do it. But that's a downfall of many cartoon artists. They get too comfortable with their liberties.

And no, no, I'm not talking about portraits, still lifes--I meant no drawing from reference. It's basically like: "how well do I understand reality in art?"

Because I mean, draw from reference is a good learning method, but should never be the standard practice. Because that, too, is another thing a lot of artists indulge in. And then when you give them a blank piece of paper and say "draw something", they come up short.

And hey, you don't have to do it if you're not comfortable with it. I'm just saying, it'd be nice to see.

Yeah no I completely agree, I hate people who say "well that's just my style" I for one take full responsability when it comes to my fuck ups in art (I tend not to go back to fix them I hate working on something longer than I intended, I just make sure to fix whatever I did wrong in my next drawing)

For example, I fucked up gluttony's right horn, which, while I was intending to make it shorter, it still looks fucked up due to lack of perspective, his (stage right) breast doesn't look like it's coming into contact with his arm (probably because I drew a different arm pose after the fact) but the list goes on and on.

I can already tell after having roamed the art forum for a short amount of time that a lot of people here are incredibly defensive of their "art" and couldn't be comfortable with criticism if they tried.

On another note, there may be a misunderstanding here but I don't draw from reference, and If I do, I try and draw the same thing later on another piece of paper, to see how well I understood what I had drawn.

Reference does help incredibly though, but I agree, it shouldn't be used as a crutch, then it just comes off as hashed and unoriginal, and the only ideas you're left with are something from an image on a computer screen.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-19 23:15:58

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-20 04:49:19

I digged your style, but those last three pieces.... WOW!
Thats totally hot.
keep it up

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-23 22:38:11

Greed, 3 out of 7 in The Deadly Sins series:
I recommend you full view here

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-23 22:44:49

i'll never tire of seeing people's interpretations of deadly sins, i gotta say though - i think yours capture such a simple but very profound expression of them. in a kooky way.

<3 your stuff mang.

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-24 00:23:02

At 8/23/09 10:44 PM, sucho wrote: i'll never tire of seeing people's interpretations of deadly sins, i gotta say though - i think yours capture such a simple but very profound expression of them. in a kooky way.

<3 your stuff mang.

thanks dude, your shit is pretty rad too man.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-08-24 01:10:55

Woah...I love this art! the style is so cool! i wanna steal it, but that wouldnt be cool so no, i have chosen not to steal it (This time) Haha just fooling around. Love your work keep it up

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-09-04 23:16:37

Hey guys, I'm workin' on a zine right now called "the depressing case of jeremy grandorff" it's got some nice pictures and some introverted angsty sayings and monologues, it'll be about 45 pages and i'll be sellin 'em for 3 bucks each once i'm done, i know this is a shameless plug, but I need the money for art supplies.

When I have the time to scan the front page I'll make sure to put it here c:

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-09-10 15:37:04

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-09-20 00:49:43

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-09-24 11:47:33

LOOOVE MEEE

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-09-24 12:47:05

The coloring in that last on is great. i love the line-work in the tree.

keep em coming

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-10-17 14:05:08

Full View

stabby knife martian.

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-10-18 12:31:58

At 10/17/09 02:05 PM, GlassBomb wrote: Full View

stabby knife martian.

yay

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-10-18 12:34:01

At 9/24/09 11:47 AM, GlassBomb wrote: LOOOVE MEEE

that actually makes a good caption for the image above it.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren