00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice recording programs.

1,733 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Voice recording programs. 2006-07-09 11:49:22

Hi... I'm a totally n00b guy trying to learn flash and such, and um... yeah... now that we've got that out of the way...

I was wondering what voice recording programs most flash animators use in their work. See, I've tried to use the default one that comes with windows, but when I save it I notice that the file is pretty damn big.

Is that the case for all sound recording programs, or is their a way to like, lower the quality and file size?

Sorry if this is a total n00b question, but I checked all over the forums and couldn't find anything. @_@;

Thanks in advance.

Response to Voice recording programs. 2006-07-09 13:39:03

At 7/9/06 11:49 AM, Yo_Man_SUP wrote: I checked all over the forums and couldn't find anything. @_@;

http://www.newground..om/audio/sticky.html

Voice recording programs.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Voice recording programs. 2006-07-09 13:53:13

At 7/9/06 11:49 AM, Yo_Man_SUP wrote: I was wondering what voice recording programs most flash animators use in their work. See, I've tried to use the default one that comes with windows, but when I save it I notice that the file is pretty damn big.

Is that the case for all sound recording programs, or is their a way to like, lower the quality and file size?

Yea, Windows Sound Recorder saves it as a huge file because it's a .wav, which are huge. I suggest getting Audacity. It's free and a great recording device. Download it for free at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/. Then you have to get a "Lame Encoder", which will save it as a .mp3. Just search google for it, it's also free. Then, after recording, go to "Export as .mp3" and then find your lame enoder. Then, save it as a .mp3 with Audacity.

Response to Voice recording programs. 2006-07-09 16:11:00

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!

(Thread can be closed now if needed.)