00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

need help!

915 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

need help! 2005-08-22 16:12:27

I tried to upload some music to the Audio Portal but a message comes up saying "Error - your tracks should be sampled at 44.1Khz, so that they play back through the flash preview panel correctly. Your file was sampled at 22.05 Khz. Please go back and try again". can anyone help me with this.

Response to need help! 2005-08-22 16:14:51

what program were you using because if your using fruityloops I could tell you how..

Response to need help! 2005-08-22 16:20:53

I did some recording then converted the WAV file to a MP3 using WAVE@MP3

Response to need help! 2005-08-22 16:26:01

get an other converter.....

go to new to audio sticky if you cant find one...

and re do the process.

Response to need help! 2005-08-22 16:27:49

No matter what program you use, when it comes to saving the file or converting it to mp3 make sure you check your options or configuration. There should be a quality setting that you can adjust. Look carefully and you should find an option that will make your mp3 at the deisred bit rate. I found that NG also accepts bit rates higher than 44kHz.

Example:
I use Reason, which exports my files as .wav or .aif, I then use SoundForge (a wave editing studio) to do any post production editing. I also save my file to MP3 format here. When in the save window, in the lower right hand corner is a button labeled "Customize." To the left of that is the current setting. Typically my setting is configure to "medium" making the file 44.1kHz and other defining details. By clicking on the "customize" button I can choose from a drop down menu all sorts of settings varying in file types. The better the quality the bigger the file!

I hope that helps, but like PiePie was inquiring, it all may depend on your system.

JAG