00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Blam/Save points. Or justice?

4,887 Views | 71 Replies

Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 10:59:35

I'm wondering how many of you people who watch more than the preloader before you voted on a movie/game.

Responses are VERY helpful. And please, people, make your answers honest.

It's for a movie I'm making and some people may get credits.

So answer the question and if you may like to, tell something about the way you vote.

Thank you in advance.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:02:07

Unless it's super horrifically bad, I watch the whole thing before voting. This leads to many lost points, but meh.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:02:23

Well.
I watch the submission full if it entertains me.
If it's just total crap, then 0.
And if I like it then I mostly give a 5 right away =) Because that gives me more chance for a save, and it also makes the author happy because he/she gets an higher score.
Sometimes I give 1-4 but that's pretty rare. (I gave a 4 today)

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:03:15

well to be honest if it is a flash with like crappy scribbly drawings i watch around 30 seconds, sometimes 5 seconds lol because i know no effort has been put into it, if i see a good flash which i can automatically tell some effort has been put into i watch the whole movie.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:05:46

Mweh, they just came up with something, you have to watch 10% of the size or something (not that it really works, cause you can already vote after the preloader). Usually I just check it out for about 20 sec. (if I really like it I'll just watch it at full)
Graphics and sounds count very heavy with me. If those two suck, then I'll just vote 0 or 1 right away.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:06:20

Well it depends whether or not if the flash actually has a preloader. :P

Most of the time I wait till the preloader is finished, but if its a super crappy flash that's 5mb big, uses the NG preloader with a white background and doesn't stream the audio, then I don't bother to watch it because I know it'l be pure shit anyway, they always are.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:06:20

I do actually. But my first impression of a flash is based on the authors other submissions and the preloader.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:07:22

I'm pretty accurate at my voting’s. First I read the commentary. I watch the movie for a while. If it's obvious crap, I'll vote 0. If I’m unsure I'll watch a little longer, and make a good estimated guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:08:46

i usually see the entire thing through unless it's complete stick movie crap in wich case i just turn it off.

sometimes a submission transcends it's crappy looks and be so enormously funny,but get blammed for how it looks.same with people!

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:09:07

At 4/4/05 11:05 AM, Auz wrote: Mweh, they just came up with something, you have to watch 10% of the size or something (not that it really works, cause you can already vote after the preloader).

I know. But how did you use to vote? And have you completely changed style to watching the whole movie (If we say that you only checked the preloader earlier)?

Please do also make clear answers. But do still continue posting comments to the reason to the way you vote.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:11:03

I tend to watch the entire submission before casting my vote. If, however, I get assualted by stick figures and various other random shit, I'll close the window and vote accordingly.

I hardly ever vote 0 though, if at all. The most frequent vote cast by me is probably a 2, as it signifies the author has put some effort into the thing but it isn't as good as it could be. If I feel a submission should be blammed, I'll vote 1. Same with protections, I hardly ever use 5, just 2, 3 and 4.

Maybe it's because of my tedious voting habits that I only manage to blam/protect an average of 1.52 flash's per day. Whatever, you can be assured I'd watch your entire flash before voting , and I'd probably protect it, too.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:12:18

After voting for a while, you’ll build up a lot of experience in telling the difference of good or bad flash. I got my own strategies, find your own.

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:14:20

I'll watch the flash. However, if there's some shit or just basically bores me to death, I'll close the window and vote low (if there's good quality in the flash, I'll give it a 2). Also, if there's penises in the flash without a warning, I'll also stop watching that flash and vote immediately.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:15:00

At 4/4/05 11:12 AM, AnzRage wrote: After voting for a while, you’ll build up a lot of experience in telling the difference of good or bad flash. I got my own strategies, find your own.

I'm not asking for how to vote.

I'm making statistics for how the average NG user vote.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:19:42

usually i will vote after the first ten seconds of the movie. i only watch the full movie if i feel it is interesting, meaning movies that i feel should be protected or those that i was debating to either blam or protect. movies that i believe deserves a zero i usually stop watching after the ten seconds.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:21:21

At 4/4/05 11:09 AM, Andersson wrote:
I know. But how did you use to vote? And have you completely changed style to watching the whole movie (If we say that you only checked the preloader earlier)?

Well before this rule, I sometimes voted right away cause there were a lot of movies or if I had to leave quickly (just checked graphics and sounds. Now I'll wait for awile, so yes the way I voted changed because of that. (It's also true that the more exp. you have with voting, the easier you get B/P points, you know when a movie will get blammed and when it will be protected)

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:27:41

I rarely vote underjudgement submissions but I guess that I would prefer to watch the whole flash or at least a big part of the flash before choosing the score that it deserves instead of voting unfairly.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:34:20

At 4/4/05 11:27 AM, EKRegulus wrote: I rarely vote underjudgement submissions.

How do you explain that you got 23´946 b/s points if you rarely vote underjudgement submissions then?

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:36:22

At 4/4/05 11:34 AM, Andersson wrote:
At 4/4/05 11:27 AM, EKRegulus wrote: I rarely vote underjudgement submissions.
How do you explain that you got 23´946 b/s points if you rarely vote underjudgement submissions then?

I lied :D

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:37:48

At 4/4/05 10:59 AM, Andersson wrote: I'm wondering how many of you people who watch more than the preloader before you voted on a movie/game.

I do and i dont. If its some paintbrush drawn text strobing "please wait" or "click when you think movie is loaded" i just blam it. if the preloader is the standard issue newgrounds preloader or better, i wait it out because it has potential. If its Horrible in the first 30 seconds, i aint gonna keep watching it. otherwise i'll view the whole submission. If i was moved i will leave a review. I feel if i didnt try and save so much i'd have much more blam/protect points.

It's for a movie I'm making and some people may get credits.

If you want i can send you an audio clip of my answer for the film

So answer the question and if you may like to, tell something about the way you vote.

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:46:28

At 4/4/05 11:43 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
I watch it ALL. Unless I have already seen the movie, in which case I already know what I'll give it.

Urm... It's about under judgement movies that are just submitted. How can you have already seen them??

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:48:54

I always watch more than just the preloader. I don't usually watch the entire entry though - just long enough to get a pretty good idea which vote the submission deserves. Sometimes, when I see a flash which I think is definately worth protecting after I've seen the beginning, but which seems kind of boring to me, I don't wait to see if I should give it a 2, 3 or 4, and I normally just drop it a 3. I know I probably shouldn't be doing that, and mostly, I'm not.

When it's a tough call between 1 or 2, or when it's something I really enjoy watching, I watch the whole flash.

I still vote pretty honestly in my opinion - I don't vote based on the author's previous submissions, BA or popularity, but on the content of the flash.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:57:07

Well people would be foolish jsut to vote on the preloader.
I think the only time I have ever voted like that is when the preloader didn't work and the movie never loaded.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 11:57:31

I never really got mixed up in the whole 'you gotta blam everyday' anyways. But if a movie is horrible then I won't watch the whole thing.

What up?

Gamertag: DrunkenPenguin1

Twitter: @DrewToTheU

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 12:14:28

If it's under 300KB, I watch the whole flash unless it's shit. If it's a large file, I normally watch the first 30 seconds or minute before voting. If it's a five second animation with an uncompressed audio file (my biggest pet peeve for flashes) I blam indiscriminately.

Hope this helped :D

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 13:02:09

unless its obviously bad i will X and 0 it.

on under-judgement thing si only vote either a 0 or a 5.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 13:03:54

I watch the whole thing unless I find it too horrible to bare though. I also don't vote 0 or 1 unless I honestly think it should be blammed.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 13:06:45

I generraly only watch the ones under 500kb so they're quick loads and even then they're mostly crap but I always watch to the end

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 13:59:12

At 4/4/05 11:57 AM, ramagi wrote: Well people would be foolish just to vote on the preloader.

It has always been known that alot of people only votes on the preloader. And it's now a fact.

There has been submissions which only were a preloader. And those did pass with a high score. Why? Because people saw a nice preloader, and they believed a good movie/game would follow.
Another reason is, that this was a good preloader. But when people only submit a preloader to see what people thinks about it, they often tells so. And those submissions does often get blammed.

It may be foolish, I may think the same as you. But as j00bie said about his movies, it's the same about voting fast on the new submissions:

"People just wants their b/s points so badly, so they don't care about what they think".

The reason to why people vote on the first view they get are often because they THINK the rest of it will be as bad/good. Because they see how good/bad the preloader is.
That is the reason to why I claim, that some people votes on the preloader.

Response to Blam/Save points. Or justice? 2005-04-04 14:00:58

At 4/4/05 10:59 AM, Andersson wrote: I'm wondering how many of you people who watch more than the preloader before you voted on a movie/game.

It really depends on the movie. If, within the first, oh, 5-10 seconds it's clearly crappy, then it's an immediate 0.

But, yes, I *try* and watch AT LEAST 3/4 of the movie before voting (fairly, I might add).