The Attinley Courthouse is an old city courthouse built in Richmond Hill, Georgia. The building was erected in 1867 to replace an older courthouse which was previously used for the entire county. Despite the outbreak of the Civil War, the population of the town grew twofold which led to a demand for new construction projects. While most buildings were simply renovated, the Attinley Courthouse was built from the demolished ruins of the old one.
The Attinley Courthouse was named after the Attinley family who lost half of it's male members in the Civil War. They were affected the most by the deadly conflict, but the surname is still living on to this day.
The Attinley Courthouse is fondly remembered by the natives of Richmond Hill not because of the building itself, but because of the lake a few dozen meters away from the old settlement. It's a popular location for swimming in the Summer.
The Courthouse itself is a traditional Southern Courthouse typically built in the era. While it was popular in it's time, hearings were moved to a new location in 1924. The new location has been used for hearings ever since. Even through the great depression. While the Attinley Courthouse was left abandoned, Arthur Navid and his descendants have taken up the duty of watching over the courthouse. He started this in 1943 after noticing the roof being damaged from a storm. His family has done an excellent job at restoring it over the years, even after a brief "war" with a group of vandalizing teens in 1972. Arthur's latest descendant is a 73 year old man by the name of Charlie Navid.
S VGN'X PMTZ ACYP AZAGQSZJ MBGCX JCANZQ PSDD. ZJFZYSMDDR NMXCQMD AZAGQSZJ. S ENGI XPMX S KQZI CF XPZQZ MNV SX'J NMAZV JCANZQ PSDD. SW S SNYDCVZ ZTZQRXPSNK S PMTZ GN FMFZQ, XPZN S'DD FGSNX SN M KZNZQMD MQZM GN M AMF MNV DGCVDR ZOYDMSA, "IPZQZ SJ SX?" SX VGZJN'X ZOSJX MNRAGQZ.
77 68 65 6e 20 79 6f 75 20 66 69 6e 64
2qn isnnsx ym vsdxsqn gtqrvsqq iyudnsa esxs: 82°77'77.9"N 42°26'88.1"W