NOTE THE DEMO PART. This is a very rough demo. It's really one of the messiest things I've ever recorded. I'll be getting myself a nice new amp soon and I'm not really recording until then.
This is a song that will (most probably) feature on my first full-length, Ypres.
The album will be divided in to five lovely chapters and focus on thefive battles of Ypres in the First World War. This song's name will probably be The Fourth Battle of Ypres: Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. It's kind of set up to be vocalised (it has a verse/chorus pattern to begin with), but I haven't added any yet.
Quite a technical piece of work. I love the opening riff. Let's be really self-obsessed and write out a detailed index of cool stuff in the song:
1. 0:56 If there were to be a verse, it would start here.
2. 1:11 Chorus time.
3. 1:50 First tempo/key change!
4. 2:23 Two-part shred harmony!
5. 2:30 Solo!
6. 2:53 Three-part shred harmony!!
7. 2:58 Four-part shred harmony!!!
8. 3:04 Cool 'there is no hope left, we may as well die' riff.
9. 3:46 Cool 'hmm, is that the sun coming through the clouds? Perhaps there is reason to live after all' riff.
Comment, rate, vocalise, do what you want. Please contact me if you plan to do vocals, I'd love to hear it!
Zero bombers shall be castrated and hanged with their own entrails.