My first attempt at making a game that didn't involve drawing a # on a piece of paper and filling in the spaces with Xs and Os.
A big thanks goes out to my artist and damn solid friend, the Last Pierogi. He did 99.9% of the art you see in this game, and he's fantastic. (The .1%? I did that little star.) More than that, he dealt with me bitching about code and the difficulties of learning for months, patiently. Rafajafar supplied the music, and if you haven't checked out his site be sure to - he does some great music.
The world Electrikill takes place in is actually a world I want to develop more and more. You get glimpses of it in the journal unlocks, but really this isn't the sort of game people play in order to read text. The difficulty is a bit streaky here and there - some levels take a combination of patience and unlocks to really get past easily - but this should be fun for anyone who loves a little bit of challenge in their shooter games. And punishment. Can't forget the punishment. Deal with a Gringo level and you'll see what I mean.
*** VERSION 1.0.1 PATCH NOTES ***
* All credits earnings doubled! Earn double the credits on any kill, and 5000 credits for defeating any star challenge!
* Stage 6 made slightly less swarm-y.
* 100k creds achievement should now be working.
* Test 11 now has the redwhale! Get that fully-special-upgraded normal gun primed!
* Test 18 now allows the full 10 shots.
* Sponsor intro screen now informs you of the need to click or press space to continue.
* Achievement text for the normal special upgrade has been fixed.
* Scattergun and shotgun shots now count towards shots fired achievements as intended.
* Redwhale and Spazz health bars should no longer disappear.
* Upgrade menu should now correctly show which upgrades are purchased and which are not.
* Still have not duplicated the 'missing upgrade screen' bug. More detail would be appreciated.