Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Play in Survivor mode for a more realistic experience where the need food and sleep will be added to your survival requirements. Or play in Run'n'Gun mode and blast your way to freedom.
Fun, but not very well thought-out and glitchy
Its a pretty nice zombie RPG and its fun to play; got me hooked, but parts of it are not well planned, the ending was a downer, and game's rather glitchy. I think we know what makes this game fun, so I'll get down to the negative aspects:
* I managed to unlock all 3 unique items: (Biohazard Suit, Battle Axe and Barrett M82). What I found weird about these unique items is that, they are all so bloody heavy, yet they aren't that fantastic. (more elaborated in the points below) Worse to know that the storage space is only 30.
* Apparently armor and clothing offer no extra protection against enemy attacks, so there was no point wearing kevlar, helmets and the biohazard suit, and so only serve to make you 10+ weights heavier.
* The Battle Axe was a very impressive blade weapon... but damage-wise a katana could do a whole lot better, and damage itself is better than having knockback in most cases, and furthermore the katana is lighter. Also, looks are deceiving: the range of a knife is no different from the range of a giant battle axe.
* The Barrett is one hell of a heavy gun (28 weight). I find it odd that an M24 Military has better stats than the Barrett, lighter and uses the more common 7.62mm rounds, with the only thing the Barrett being superior at is a higher rate of fire. Even if the Barrett is indeed the best Long Gun, automatics like the M249 SAW are still the best class of weapons; even the achievements are based on pistols and autos only, there are no long gun or special weapon achievements.
* I understand this is an RPG but... why do we have an accuracy system? I find it absolutely ridiculous when you can blast a zombie point-blank and it misses. You should just make zombies tougher and leveling the weapon stats only increase the weapon damage.
* The horde can fall from the ceiling at the weirdest places. You know Darnell (the quest guy who crafts stuff)? The horde can fall from the ceiling there, and also in Hank's place.
* If I replaced my companion, Hank will not be using his Hunter Compact but my original companion's gun.
* Open a menu, zombies are supposed to pause. But sometimes they can still attack you while you're viewing the menu. I died once and lost my first companion because of this.
* You can get glitched if you are grabbed by a zombie and the zombie gets killed by your companion; you'll be stuck there unable to do anything.
* There is a lot of redundancy in the game.
1) Honestly, do you need to sprint at all except at the very last part of the game? Plus, you can always get your fitness to a good 10-15 by reading some of those fitness books lying around.
2) Security? You'll get enough of those with the Night Watchmen books to unlock all the necessary locks.
3) Why do we have achievements that encourage people to do silly things like forcing locks and achievements that apparently contradict one another?
4) Shoving is pointless unless you are cornered against a wall, which will probably only happen when you get cornered by a horde, in which the best idea is to just save and exit (its the gear icon at the top right of the screen - you access the the menu and options there).
5) Search is useless. 13-14 luck is enough to get good crits and decent items. As for junk, you keep some of it for Darnell's quest, and then after that you can just manually dump all the junk.
6) Most important stats are melee, automatic, strength and smarts (early on for the books). You need melee and auto for combat, you need strength to carry all the heavy weapons. Note that you can't learn Special with books, and Special weapons are generally inferior weapons.
7) The weapons you earn from quests are inferior compared to the weapons you would already have.
I hope you would take into account these issues and make a really good sequel to The Last Stand series. This game is a good attempt at a zombie RPG!
Zombies AND RPG? Nice
Reminds me of FallOut, just a 2D version. Great game for zombie killers, has hordes, slow/fast zombies, and even the noise of weapons count. Warning: Spoiler ahead
-Some junk are just really junk
-Shoving is useless in hordes/fast groups
-Survivors are very helpful despite the feeding/sleeping
-Ammo shows up decently
pretty fun but...
ending was a big dissapointment to me T-T
What can I say.
This game is simply amazing. The graphics, the live action rpg. The story could use a little work, but other then that, this game is excellent.
this is by far the best zombie game ever posted to newgrounds. fuckin leaps and bounds beyond the ohter last stand games. although the gameplay is a little different it is still tru to the original style of the series. good work and I hope to see more shit like this in the future.
Unlock all of us!
As DD's story comes to a close, another looms from the not-so-distant shadows....
Blast at rockets with awesome graphics and music
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.